Warning!!!! Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. sells defective products.

Update by user Jan 08, 2014

I contacted Consumers Affairs to file a complaint and to request their assistance in resolving the issue.

Shortly after threatening to take them to court and following up with consumers Affairs Chavez Appliance Corp and Rafys Home Appliance immediately delivered the repaired refrigerator.

The refrigerator appears to be working satisfactory. However, I DO NOT recommend this appliance shop. they were unprofessional and attempted to run a scam until I got a higher authority involved.

They are unprofessional, and their items does not work properly and breaks down less than 6 months. And they will refuse to repair it especially after I pay an extra $100.00 for warantee services.

I think they are dishonest, frauds, scammers, unethical, and lack integrity.

I'm greatful for the power of prayer and the assistance of Consumer Affairs for their help. And resolving this issue. Im just glad that the issue has been resolved.

Do not purchase anything from Chavez Appliances and Rafy's Home Appliance. They will take your money and sell you defective items and will NOT honor their waantee until you threaten to take them to court and contact Consumer Affairs for an investigation. Who wants to be bothered going through all this? Really!!!

Stay away...You've been warned!

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2013
Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. sells defective products. I purchased a stainless steal refrigerator from Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. located at 1127 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221. After using it for about 2 months the refrigerator and freezer stopped getting cold. I paid an extra $100.00 for the refrigerator to be repaired and was provided with a 6 months warantee. I called them the day after the so called repair to notifying them that the problem continued. The refrigerator and freezer still was not getting cold To date the reridgerator is not working. I've made numerous attempts for them to come and repair it. I notified them via phone, text and certified mail with a return receipt. I reminded them that they had not arrived for 10 scheduled appointments. They do not call to cancel or anything. when I called to inquire about the missed appointments I usually get a rude, hostile worker on the phone who reuse to provide their name and hang up while you are speaking regardless of how calm and respectful you are speaking to them. I've been patient for about 2 months. Waiting for them to arrive while they don't show up. Enough is enough. I refuse to allow them to take advantage of me or rob me. I work hard for my money. All I ask is that they repair my refrigerator, or exchange it for another stainless steal refrigerator that is the same height and width, or take their appliance and give me a refund so I can purchase working refrigerator from a reputable and professional company. To date the problem exsist. No one showed up to fix the problem. Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. IS A SCAM! DONT WASTE BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM. LIKE ME YOU WILL REGRET IT. How many more months do they expect to pass before coming to my home to fix the refridgerator? Why provide a written warantee if you are not going to honor it? This is poor business practice. I speak the truth and I have proof that EVERYTHING I said is correct. If you know of any websites, organizations that I can share my experience as well as warn others about this shabby company please notify me ASAP. I am in the process of starting court proceedings as I warned them I would do if they failed to not resolve this issue by this weekend. I will keep you informed and updated as to the court proceedings.
ID
Loss

Warning!!!! Don't purchase appliances at Chavez Appliance Corp or Rafy's Home Appliance Corp.

I purchased a refurbished stainless steal refrigerator fromChavez Appliances Corp. Located at 1127 Broadway Brooklyn NY 11221. The refrigerator and freezer stopped getting cold after using it for 2 months. *I had to pay an extra $100.00 for the repairs. I have the check and receipt as proof.*The day after the attempted repair the problem reoccurred. The refrigerator and freezer stopped getting cold. *The receipt stated that the repair had a 6 months warantee. They failed to acknowledge.* They have different companies listed at the same address.I paid via check Chavez Appliance Corp. The receipt will state Rafy's Home appliance. Why are they not honest or upfront in the company name they are doing business as? Seems very shady and perhaps illegal. I have called, text and sent certified letters to both Chavez Appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. During the past 2 months requesting that they come to the house fix the problem, or exchange the refrigerator for another stainless steal at the same height and width or, take their appliance and provide me with a refund so I can purchase a refrigerator with a reputable and professional company. Each attempt I made to resolve the issue had been ignored. To date, I had made over 10 appointments and they failed to show each time. When I called to inquire about the missed appointment's they either have a nasty attitude, hang up the phone, or the OWNER will string us along by saying "We are on our way and they NEVER arrive". Summary:Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. sells defective products. It breaks down within a few months. Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. Refuse to honor their warantee. Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. schedule appointments to make repairs and will NOT SHOW, or call to reschedule. Basically they take our hard earned money and not care about any inconvenience we experience by their *** malfunction appliance. Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. Representatives and staff are rude and unprofessional. They will not provide you with their name. They will not make REAL attempts to come to your home to make repairs. They will yell on the phone and hang up regardless of how polite you are in speaking with them. Based on my experience with Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. I want to warn as many people NOT to waste their time or money purchasing one of their defective products. We all work hard for our money. We all deserve to deal with a company that is professional, courteous, respectful and that has integrity. And who honor their warantee. Waiting over 2 months for Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. to fix a refrigerator is excessive. The refrigerator was not working during Thanksgiving, Majority of the groceries went bad. And it appears that they are unwilling to fix it for Christmas. How would you feel if they did this to you? If you know of any website or organization I can report this please contact me and let me know. Also, if you know of any organizations I can warn other potential customers please let me know. They did this to me....They will try to do this to you too. What they are doing is wrong. And fraudulent. I have no other choice than to take them to court. I warned them after the 10 No show appointment that I will start court proceedings if they continue to not correct the problem. I will keep you all updated as to the outcome of the court proceedings. But please whatever you do. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. Because they sell defective products that will break down in a few months and they will NOT honor their warantee. I've been waiting over 2 months for them to repair the refrigerator I purchased and I am still waiting. This is a FACT!.
ID
North Babylon, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article