Verified Reviewer

Tire blowout

Chaparral Motorsports - Tire blowout
I bought a new Bridgestone tire on November 6 had it installed on my motorcycle and Ive got about 500 miles on it and yesterday I had a blowout it was a motorcycle it was a G704 tire
Product
Bridgestone Tires Exedra G704 Tires
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Pay before service rendered

My son is a third generation hardcore cycle rider. Prior to this date of Wednesday, 2-28-2018, I knew he was having electrical issues. He decided to take his bike down to the above dealership to have it looked at and possibly get them to fix the issue. I have several motorcycles myself and once belonged to a known motorcycle club. Most f all my work was done by the Chapmoto sports. Believe me, hard earned money was paid to them for all the service and parts i received from them. Anyway, I received a phone call from my son while at work about the cost of the maintenance to fix his issue. According to them, it was a stater problem. Ok, no problem yet until the shop tech told my son the parts and labor, the whole amount needed to be paid before work was started. I mentally lost my mind when he told me this information. Plus, my son had cash to pay it. They priced the work at over $700.00. Now, I’m not rich nor is my son but we’re not hurting for money. We’re just frugal and cautious in spending. I had my son put the tech on the phone, I spoke to him about the pre-payment issue. His response was the part needed to picked up and brought to the store . I asked was it a special order. He said “No!” It was in their warehouse, they had to go get it. I asked him why must we pay in advance when for several years I’ve never had to pre-pay for any part unless it was a special order, let alone pay for the labor first. I kid you not, this is what the tech said to me, not in the words exactly, but in a round-a-bout way. The stater part is higher priced so we charge the customer for it first. I called BS on him because a few years ago, I needed a stater replacement for my HAYABUSA and other work needed. I didn’t pay a penny until all the work was done. There was no pre-payment nonsense. I asked the tech how did he know it was the stater. He said he tested the electrical system and it showed it was the stater. OMG, I asked what type of tech machine you have that can pinpoint it to be the stater! I told hm when mine went out I had to physically take off the stater cover to inspect it which was found to have a burned wire connection which wasn’t putting out the charge to keep the bike running. I hate to say this but because my son is not to mechanically inclined, it shows when he takes his bike in for issues. Honestly, I thought because he was a minority, they were taking advantage of him. What’s an issue with me is when I asked the tech about a possible prejudice being the reason for the pre-payment, his voice went up a few octives as if I may have nailed it on the head what they were doing. Of course I have no proof of this, just a personal opinion. Sorry for the long story but if there is anyone out there in cycle land has had to prepay for services prior to them being performed, please leave me a comment. I want to hear what happened. I need To know if this is a new policy for services rendered or is this just a case of pay now or take a walk.
ID
#1200060 Review #1200060 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Bernardino, California
Service
Chaparral Motorsports Motorcycle Part Replacement
Cons
  • Prepay for customer service on maintenance
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Accommodate bill pay after service rendered, not before. People by nature tend to perform a task better if payment is to be made, not before.

Service department refusing to warantee the brand new unit

2012 Polaris RZR 900 Review Big Piece of junk Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino California Pushing our 10 hour old 2012 rzr 900 out of there service department refusing to warantee the brand new unit! The General manager himself helped push this out of there property. Instead of fixing it they decided to refuse service. I never in my life have witnessed this bad of customer service! Please never use chaparral motorsports in san bernardino. I wouldnt refer them to my worst enemy. Chaparral Motorsports - Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Gear www.chaparral-racing.com Shop our great selection of motorcycle gear, apparel, motorcycle parts, and accessories for dirt bikes, street bikes and ATV. 555 South H Street San Bernardino, CA 92410 (800) 841-****

There's absolutely no way they wouldn't take the unit back unless YOU did something to it. Besides, a dealership doesn't refuse the warranty work the manufacturer does.

Enjoy your new paperweight. :roll

there's no way that actually happened. didn't you drive it before you bought it?

View more comments (1)
Los Angeles, California
Loss
$19500

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article