Fire Escape Ladder never received.

Phone calls never returned. Mail box always full. E-mails never answered. 800 number offers vacation pkgs. No menu for speaking to a customer rep. What a scam. Come into my town offering a free dinner and walk out with $4538.00. Darin Kendrick is the Sales Person. Danny (no last name) installed the equipment. Turns out he recommended more detectors than we needed. Why not? That pads the cost of the equipment. We are disappointed and angry. The detectors seemed like a good investment at the time. Offered attractive discounts if we paid in full. Lesson learned. Don't pay for anything until all services have been completed. Next business that offers me a free dinner to listen to a sales pitch will be told what to do with the dinner.
ID
Springfield, Missouri
Service
Champion Safety Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

HOME fRONT FIRE ALARMS, champion, springfield, mo

We knew better, but, bought fire and smoke alarms from a door to door sales woman. Less than 1 week, we had a kitchen fire. The $10 alarms sounded fast, the new high priced alarms never sound. When I called to complain, was told that the new alarm had to have big particle of smoke to sound, the cheap one would sound on any particals. I asked the sale woman, have never heard from store owner or adjuster, to pick up the useless alarms and refund my money. She gave me a song and dance about the alarms had to have direct smoke, a burning napkin blew out, held within 2 inches of new alarm. It did sound off. So, if I have a fire that will burn down our home, and people inside, the alarms will sound off as soon as the burning napkin directly reaches this new alarm. I do not feel safe with this over priced, useless, fire alarm. I was told this new fire alarm was made in the USA, I cannot find just where this was made or by what company. Do your research, never buy this unsafe useless product. It is a scam, with no recourse. One example used was a 9 volt battery would burn steel wool. I disagreed. Steel wool will not burn. Brillo pad made of steel wool and soap will burn. Soap will burn.

I will keep an eye on this and many other posts to make sure they don't try retracting anything. You're going down Champion Safety!! You and your evil ways!!

They go under different company names. All scammers.

Immoral people.

Darryl's phone numbers on his card all go to voice mail every time and he wont call you back. Champion Danger, not safety.

Champion Safety is a big scam!! Stear clear!!!

Fire alarms are not better and cost mucho dinero!!

Salesman called me names too when I wouldn't sign my life away. Liars and thieves all of them.

We bought smoke alarms and heat detectors from same brand but the sales person is from Surefire Safety spend over $3000 in past 3 years we have had to have them come and replace 8 alarms because they quit working. wish we could just get our money back the alarms we had before worked just fine. I feel like I cant trust these alarms.

Maker of alarms AppliedFire Technologies, 801 Hammond st. Suite 200 coppell TX

As the customer contraction statement suggest...Website forums are often an inaccurate means of communication. Once contacted regarding the issue, the Mfr and Dealer worked with customer to resolve their issue.

In fact, the customer submitted the following letter..."We wish to thank you (Mfr) and Champion Safety for solving our problem. I found (name) to be very pleasant, easy to work with and quick to solve our problem."

Nov 22, I was pissed off with our new fire/smoke alarm system, sold by Champion Safety, Springfield, mo. I was wrong on this compliant, I did not understand the actual

working of this system.

I was wrong to post this compliant, and believe that I also

jumped the gun on making this compliant.

@PissedConsumer579443

you are not the same person who made the complaint, you are in fact more likely a sales person doing damage control on their products reputation. sorry your "retraction" was to vague compared with the problems the original complaint discribed. different location and IP anyway.

View more comments (7)
ID
Wichita, Kansas
Loss
$2000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article