Advanced Reviewer

Acana Pacifica or Champion Pet Foods, Dogs getting sick

Their customer service is horrible. I just finished speaking to a woman named Angela with Champion Foods to complain about all four of my animals getting sick from their food. Specifically, it was to complain about the amount of chondroitin and glucosamine that they put in the food, around 700 and 900 milligrams for a cup of food. The company recommends up to 1 1/2 cups of food for dogs my size (they are around 17 to 24 pounds), but every time I feed them more than 3/4 of a cup, they vomit all over my house. Moreover, one of my dogs was on Dasuquin w/ MSM when I purchased the food, and after I gave her 1/4 of a cup, she vomited. That prompted me to look at the back of the bag to see if anything was triggering the vomiting. So when I spoke to Angela, she expressed blithe concern about the problem. She stated the amount in the food is minimal, which it isn't, otherwise, the dogs wouldn't throw up. Moreover, she stated the company isn't concerned about the issue. Then, she repeatedly spoke over me and used a condescending, sarcastic tone. Really? That how they train their employees to handle customer complaints? I've also complained to Chewy.com, the company that I purchased the food from online, but they state they do not have the financial resources to list this type of information out on the website. Be assured that I am filing a complaint against ACANA Dog and Cat Food with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration today, because it is irresponsible not to clearly mark the front of the bag or to have the merchant list the content on their website if they are receiving reports of animals getting sick. Moreover, when I tried to complain about the incident on Acana's Facebook page, they have blocked my ability to post messages. Says volumes about their company.

They blocked my comments as well!! I have mentioned several times on their fb page about going to Canada to get food there as I do not like the new formulation.

Another person posted a criticism about the company not addressing concerns directly, instead just telling people to trust the Kentucky plant.

I went to comment on his post and it kept failing to post. Maybe time to find another food.

ID
Olathe, Kansas
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article