CG Services Harasses their clients!!!

We had a service call into Lowes for a Manufacturers warranty of our Washing Machine. CG Services came out to the first service call to fix the machine originally. Lowes asked if it was oK to send them out again, our reply was yes, we had no issues with them the first go around. The service was set up and the day before they were scheduled to come out they called my husband and said "the part needed would not be in for 2-4 weeks" to that my husband replied, "how do you know which part is needed if you have not even looked at the washer to figure out the issue" then the woman on the other line said, "oh, well we have to reschedule your service call becasue we are booked for 2-3 weeks out" my husbands reply was "This is ***, this is ridiculous we need to have our washer fixed" the woman from CG Services reply was " WHAT YOU THINK OUR COMPANY IS ***, WHO ARE YOU?..." this went on for a few minutes and my husband simply hung the phone up. A minute or 2 later my husbands phone rang, it was CG Services the person on the other line identified herself as the supervisor of CG Services and said to my husband "Who the *** do you think you are calling my company ***? Who are you? Who do you think you are?" My husband simply hung the phone up again, they proceed to harass and call his phone until he answered the phone again and the "supervisor" again proceed to yell at my husband. My husbanded ended the conversation with "if you call my phone again I am calling the police" this ended the harassment.

I wish I saw this before I hired these jerks!!

ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Shady Company with attitude

Update by user Nov 04, 2011

Service was contacted via referral from Kitchen Aid for warranty repair of a problem with a $6000+ refrigerator. The service to be provided by CG Service was specifically and repeatedly conditioned upon payment under the warranty. All communication was over the phone with office personnel and it was agreed they would verify that Kitchen-Aid would pay for the repair and a proposed repair date was set for two weeks in advance (Oct 28th). I called their office on Tuesday Oct 25th to verify the status of the warranty claim and was told that Kitchen-Aid HAD approved the service under the warranty. As a result, I agreed to go through with the service appointment on Oct 28th. Since I had to be out of town that day my wife agreed to be available for the service appointment set up between 8AM - 12 Noon.

The service technician arrived 2 hours late spending only 15 minutes replacing the control board\". He then surprised my wife with a bill for service totalling $340.94! She call me immediately and was very upset because she was late for an apppointment and wasn\'t expecting to pay a bill. I immediately call the CG Service Office to find out why I was being presented a bill when you informed me it was covered under warranty\'. The office person (Theresa ?) then repeated her understanding that the service was covered under warranty and agreed to have the owner call me to discuss the matter\'. I never got a call back that day.

Update by user Nov 04, 2011

CG Service was contacted via referral from Kitchen Aid for warranty repair of a problem with a $6000+ refrigerator. The service to be provided by CG Service was specifically and repeatedly conditioned upon payment under the warranty. All communication was over the phone with office personnel and it was agreed they would verify that Kitchen-Aid would pay for the repair and a proposed repair date was set for two weeks in advance (Oct 28th). I called their office on Tuesday Oct 25th to verify the status of the warranty claim and was told that Kitchen-Aid HAD approved the service under the warranty. As a result, I agreed to go through with the service appointment on Oct 28th. Since I had to be out of town that day my wife agreed to be available for the service appointment set up between 8AM -12 Noon.

The service technician arrived 2 hours late spending only 15 minutes replacing the control board\". He then surprised my wife with a bill for service totalling $340.94! She call me immediately and was very upset because she was late for an apppointment and wasn\'t expecting to pay a bill. I immediately call the CG Service Office to find out why I was being presented a bill when you informed me it was covered under warranty\'. The office person (Theresa ?) then repeated her understanding that the service was covered under warranty and agreed to have the owner call me to discuss the matter\'. I never got a call back that day|.

When I arrived home I reviewed the bill only to discover not only was I being charged for a service I never agreed to pay for but was also being double-charged for the service: $250.14 parts and labor for the board replacement on the 28th, plus a $79.00 \"trip/diagnostic charge\" on October 6th THAT NEVER HAPPENED! I called CG again on Monday and was again told that the owner would call me. When I finally got a call back, SURPRISE SURPRISE, the owner was the technician at my home. After 20 minutes of conversation, it became apparent that he was not going to be reasonable. He denied that I had been repeatedly told that service would be covered under the warranty (which I WAS), that I had repeatedly conditioned the service upon coverage under the warranty (which I DID), and insisted that I owed the entire amount under threat of collections, etc. I told him repeatedly that I would have replaced the board myself (available for $137) if I hadn\'t been lied to about the warranty coverage. It should be noted that I am a handyman and have already replaced a number of failed parts on this poor-quality refrigerator myself. At this point, I am not sure what to do and would greatly apreciate some effective mediation to reach an acceptable solution. I will agree to pay the INFLATED parts and labor charge on the 28th ($250.14) to resolve the issue BUT WILL NOT PAY for a bogus trip on October 6th he\'s trying to bill for.

0 0 0 Like this Dislike this Report spam

Original review posted by user Nov 04, 2011
CG Service was contacted via referral from Kitchen Aid for warranty repair of a problem with a $6000+ refrigerator. The service to be provided by CG Service was specifically and repeatedly conditioned upon payment under the warranty. All communication was over the phone with office personnel and it was agreed they would verify that Kitchen-Aid would pay for the repair and a proposed repair date was set for two weeks in advance (Oct 28th). I called their office on Tuesday Oct 25th to verify the status of the warranty claim and was told that Kitchen-Aid HAD approved the service under the warranty. As a result, I agreed to go through with the service appointment on Oct 28th. Since I had to be out of town that day my wife agreed to be available for the service appointment set up between 8AM-Noon. The service technician arrived 2 hours late spending only 15 minutes replacing the control board. He then surprised my wife with a bill for service totalling $340.94! She call me immediately and was very upset because she was late for an apppointment wasn't expecting to pay a bill. I immediately call the CG Service Office to find out why I was being presented a bill when you informed me it was covered under warranty. The office person (Theresa ?) then repeated her understanding that the service was covered under warranty and agreed to have the owner call me to discuss the matter. I never got a call back that day. When I arrived home I reviewed the bill only to discover not only was I being charge for a service I never agreed to pay for but was also being double-charged for the service: $250.14 parts and labor for the board replacement on the 28th, plus a $79.00 "trip/diagnostic charge" on October 6th THAT NEVER HAPPENED! I called CG again on Monday and was again told that the owner would call me. When I finally got a call back, SURPRISE SURPRISE, the owner was the technician at my home. After 20 minutes of conversation, it became apparent that he was not going to be reasonable. He denied that I had been repeatedly told that service would be covered under the warranty (which I WAS), that I had repeatedly conditioned the service upon coverage under the warranty (which I DID), and insisted that I owed the entire amount under threat of collections, etc. I told him repeatedly that I would have replaced the board myself (available for $137) if I hadn't been lied to about the warranty coverage. It should be noted that I am a handyman and have already replaced a number of failed parts on this poor-quality refrigerator myself. At this point, I am not sure what to do and would greatly apreciate some effective mediation to reach an acceptable solution. I will agree to pay the INFLATED parts and labor charge on the 28th ($250.14) to resolve the issue BUT WILL NOT PAY for a bogus trip on October 6th he's trying to bill for. Take your business elsewhere, as this company is very Dishonest and will lie to you in a heartbeat!
ID
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article