Great Company to Work With

Regarding Central Oregon Heating & Cooling (Cracked Heat Exchangers) First off, I wish to thank the team at Central Oregon Heating & Cooling for their promptness and professionalism of dealing with this matter. The team at Central Oregon Heating & Cooling offered an on-site clarification demonstration and training session with a heat exchanger expert from Colorado. I greatly appreciated the opportunity to express my views and concerns about service policy and regulations regarding cracked heat exchangers. There are regulations or at least recommendations from various industry-governing bodies and co-industry (i.e., gas) that make it difficult for both the customer and service company to deal with cracked heat exchangers. Liability issues always surface in possible risk situations, and fair or not, not always are they based on probable percentages of actual risk. This in itself causes service companies to opt for a zero percent risk policy, hand-tying them to replace all cracked exchangers. This, in return, places customers in a vulnerable position to have to make an immediate, expensive decision when they are told this furnace possibly is leaking carbon monoxide in to the home endangering the family. I am not, by any means, an industry expert, but I believe there are ways to test and ascertain the immediate threat based on the current functionality of the unit. At some point and time, should the unit be replaced? Probably yes, but does it have to be that day? Outside temperatures, finances, and knowledge are all governing factors to a customer's decision. In all of this, I am certainly not advocating risking anyone's life, but when the government's statistics* between "possible" versus "probable" risk equates to somewhere around 0.000016 (estimated) on deaths per year due to cracked heat exchangers, we may be overstating the risk. To clarify, this is my opinion. Once again, I am not an industry professional. In conclusion, I wish again to thank Central Oregon Heating & Cooling for the time and expense to provide a forum for discussion regarding this matter, and I want to stress that their response to this situation was well within industry standards. Don, Kathie, and the team acted with a high regard for me, the customer, by coming back and making sure I was pleased with their work. They were very ethical, honest, and were a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Central Oregon Heating and Cooling to others who want quality service. *-based on Consumer Product Safety Commission statistics
ID
Redmond, Oregon
Service
Central Oregon Heating And Cooling Customer Care
Pros
  • Went out of their way to provide superior service
Reason of review
Good customer service

Would give 0 stars if possible

would give 0 stars if I could Late last fall, our furnace quit working at our rental home while we were south for the winter. Nick and Austin were our contacts for Central Oregon Heating. Austin reported to our renter after a few minutes of inspection that our furnace was inoperable due to a cracked heat exchanger. He shut it down immediately on the coldest day of the year and said they would have to replace it right away. He then produced on his cell phone a picture of such a situation with a cracked exchanger. We, in turn, contacted another heating company, named Quality Heating (they were EXCELLENT and professional) for another opinion. Their technician reported that no cracks were found. He fixed a dirty igniter switch and after 25 minutes of observation, he reported that the furnace worked perfectly--no flame roll-out or other concerns. It has worked perfectly ever since. We requested and viewed a picture that Austin produced, and we then compared it to the pictures from the other company's technician and pictures that our renter also took. Nobody could duplicate that picture angle or appearance that Austin had taken and showed to us. In the meantime, we also were informed by two other friends (one was a next-door neighbor) that the same thing happened to them last fall after just asking for tune-ups from Central Oregon Heating and Cooling. Only Central Oregon Heating and Cooling owners and technicians know the truth about the way they are conducting business. But, to the client, this all seems too coincidental. I contacted two other companies for their opinions about cracked heat exchangers, and they said it was not very common, but it WAS common for some businesses to practice chasing heat exchanger "problems"--just to make a profit. We paid about $90 bill just to get Central Oregon Heating/Cooling off our backs, but feel we had NO service for it.

Regarding Central Oregon Heating & Cooling (Cracked Heat Exchangers)

*-based on Consumer Product Safety Commission statistics

ID
Redmond, Oregon
Service
Central Oregon Heating And Cooling Technical Support
Pros
  • Were ethical and great to work with
Cons
  • Paying for service i did not receive
Reason of review

About

Top Central Oregon Heating And Cooling Services

Customer Care, Technical Support

Central Oregon Heating And Cooling Pros and Cons

Pros: Were ethical and great to work with, Went out of their way to provide superior service

Summary

Central Oregon Heating And Cooling is a HVAC contractor in central Oregon. Central Oregon Heating And Cooling has several offices across the country including Bend, Madras, Sunriver, and Redmond. Central Oregon Heating And Cooling offers furnance, heat pump, oil furnace, and air conditioning installations and repairs. Central Oregon Heating And Cooling is a fully licensed, bonded and insured contractor serving the needs of several local communities in Oregon. Central Oregon Heating And Cooling has been offering quality services to customers for more than 2 decades.

Central Oregon Heating And Cooling reviews and complaints

Central Oregon Heating And Cooling is ranked 25 out of 340 in Heating, Cooling and Air Conditioning category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article