Warning to consumers

Centerline Property and Casualty Insurance - Warning to consumers
A warning to my fellow E-bike owners: If you need to have your bike shipped, you might be interested in my story. My Pedego Boomerang (cost over $3000 and bought in October at the wonderful Pedego shop in Tucson) was shipped in November from Tucson to the Pedego store in Long Beach Island, NJ. I hired a broker called Freight Center to arrange shipment. The trucking company it used is R and L Carriers. The bike was severely damaged during shipping. The fork and stem were bent, there was damage to the wiring harness and scratches on the frame and on the Pedego logo. Photos are me on day I bought the bike in Arizona and after shipping. Make sure you see all the photos to understand the totality of the damage. My insurance claim was denied, three times. This was after I sent numerous photos of the damage to the insurance company, Centerline Property and Casualty (aka Watkins Associated Industries). Centerline has a D rating with the BBB and is not accredited. My mistake for not finding that out in advance but during the stressful moving period I dealt only with the broker, not its insurer. The adjuster who denied said it was because the recipient (the NJ bike shop owner) did not open the box until a day later. This was because the shop was closed on the day of delivery. The owner lives above the shop and as a favor to me he agreed to take delivery on his day off. He sent a letter to the insurance company listing all the damaged parts. This is ludicrous, or as an attorney friend told me, total BS. This is precisely why people buy insurance. I had to pay for repairs out of my own pocket. I spent 40 years on TV news, the last 25 as an investigative reporter (and recently had a book published about my career). Many of my pieces helped consumers. Now I am a victim. I dont know how some insurance adjusters can look themselves in the mirror.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY!

ID
Manahawkin, New Jersey

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

The insurance fraud: What is insurance fraud? What are the worst cases? How insurance fraud is discovered? How to protect yourself from an insurance scam? In this video, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, exposes the most common insurance fraud examples.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article