Stay away from this Dr and wife team!!!

Please be careful of this dentist. the office uses questionable billing practices. I had my dental work done for a year with Center for Dentistry and continually asked the billing receptionist to confirm with my insurance company that they would cover my cleanings, cavity fillings etc. Every time we discussed this they would say that they would call my insurance provider and then call me back. Every time they would call me back and say that my provider would cover the treatment. Surprise, surprise now at the end of the year I'm receiving bills from them as my insurance as they didn't cover the treatment. They state they didn't know the policy was exceeded however I COMPLETELY disagree as they have records of all my treatments that clearly would show them I have exceeded my benefits..this is simply a bait and switch type tactic..you can't return a service so they state my insurance will cover it and then send out a bill to their patients as they know I have no recourse..so long story short I'm switching dentists. Very pushy sales by the doctor, When his wife got involved she talks to you like she is better then you and you are to refer to her as Mrs Henley... well Mrs Henley I am finding a new dentist... I should have read all the reviews about this practice before I went there.. look a his BBB listing for starters....

After going to this practice for five years, I'm changing dentists. Over the last two years Dr.

Henley has spent less and less time with patients. One time I was billed for an exam with the dentist, but he literally just popped his head in on his way home, asked if everything is going ok, waved, and left. He definitely did not do an exam. I've also had billing issues where their office has billed my insurance comany for Xrays that were not done and a cavity that had not yet been filled.

We got it straightened out, but we've had this happen at least three times in five years. More recently the office has become extremely aggressive on collecting payments. I have been told over and over that we could pay our portion and let the insurance company pay theirs. Over the last two years they have been sending bills constantly for the insurance portion.

Even after I paid part of the insurance portion, they still kept coming. When I called in, they said it was fine to wait for the insurance to pay, but the bills kept coming anyway. Over the last six months they have gotten nasty with the bills signed very ostentatiously by "Mrs. Henley," but addressing me by my first name.

There is highlighting and underlining all over it. I know my insurance company pays slowly (state employee), but this practice needs to be upfront about their requirements. If they tell me in person that the insurance portion can be left for the insurance to pay, then they need to stick wtih that. Clearly the practice is falling on hard times, though, because they are becoming extremely aggressive -- over $50!

And even downright rude. The most recent billing statement came with more highlighting and a note saying "Insurance has already paid. This is YOUR portion. Pay now!

~ Mrs. Henley." They received the last check from my insurance company literally the following day, and now they owe me a refund for the amount I paid that covered part of the insurance amount. So not only are they aggressive, they don't take the time to find out if they are right or not. They pretty much accuse you or ripping them off, which is a quick way to lose customers who actually do pay on time and follow their stated office policies.

Overall, our experience began as pretty positive. But the service has declined over the last couple of years while their accounting has become aggressive.

Their main accounts person has always been very nice, but with the wife now involved (probably a sign of a problem in the practice), they have become aggressive and rude. Now that our insurance has paid up, we're switching to a new dentist.

ID
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article