Verified Reviewer

300 GRIEVANCE AND NOT EVEN ONE SOLUTION.

In 6 months I filed my grievance/complaint more than 300 times. WellCare/ Centene's employees keep closing every grievance /complaint as solved without solving it. they are not honest, They are working on their own, They are not under any supervision, They refused to escalate my case, NO managers. 2 months ago I mailed my appeal but I did not receive an answer from WellCare/Centene from Wellcare/centene

User's recommendation: Stay away.

Full refund

Very poor services and ignoring customers

We pay premiums every month and have NEVER missed one. Yet, in 2020, in November, we began to receive harassment letters from Wellcare (part of Centene) and this went on for 6 months. I spent 10 hours + on the phone and was always ignored. I gave them the check number, the amount, the date of mailing and date of receipt. I gave them my Bank verification and they continued to harass us anyway, now with phone calls. Nothing resolve this as they have NO STAFF who have AUTHORITY or intelligence to deal with a basic problem Stay away from Wellcare and Centene.

User's recommendation: find another Part D.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Advanced Reviewer

TOTAL FRAUDS!!!!

Update by user Apr 08, 2019

While I still believe Centene and its subsidiaries are frauds, I must qualify my criticism with updated information. In all the conflict to get outstanding claims paid, it became apparent that the medical practice shares blame in this mess.

If they cannot consistently file full complete claims, then they are part of the problem.

Centene could do a better job working with the medical practices, and they definitely could improve their customer service! But, they can only go so far in assisting incompetent *** at a medical practice.

Update by user Feb 01, 2019

The site asked if I had an update. Sure, I update that Ambetter/Centene has done absolutely ZERO to resolve the outstanding claim issues. No effort to contact me in any way!

Original review posted by user Dec 30, 2018
These people couldn't make a cup of coffee without screwing it up. Each year, they change their websites and lock policyholders out of their online account pages. In 2018, these fraudulent clowns decided that all policyholders rolling over from 2017 to 2018 would have to re-register with a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT email address WITHOUT telling anyone this was necessary. Over and over and over, I tried to access my account but nope... Ambetter and their sleazy owners (Centene) wouldn't allow access. Thankfully for 2019, Ambetter wasn't the only exchange insurance company in Phoenix, AZ. I was able to switch to something better.... of course, that isn't saying much. Satan himself would have a better policy experience than these frauds!!!!! Rube Goldberg would have a simpler, responsive system than these LOSERS! I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to skip having health insurance altogether than spend one dime with these slimy frauds! With 2018 not even complete, these scam artists blocked me out of my account. Why? Undoubtedly, it is because I went somewhere else and that I have filed multiple complaints against them with the Department of Insurance and the Arizona Attorney General. No insurance at all is a better choice that these frauds!
Farmington, Missouri
Service
Ambetter Health Insurance
Cons
  • Entire existence
  • Executive leadership
  • Deliberate obstruction of account
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Full refund

Advanced Reviewer

SLEAZY FRAUDS!

Update by user Jan 21, 2019

Originally posted December 20, 2018, I can update that as of January 20.... Centene had made ZERO effort to contact me.

Additional communications with Ambetter in Arizona have also been ignored. Calls are NEVER EVER returned. File appeals all you want, just don't expect them to EVER respond.

I filed 4 appeals on September 15, 2018 and to date, I still haven't received a formal response on any of them. SLEAZY FRAUDS!!!!

Original review posted by user Dec 20, 2018
Centene Corporation tries to operate and exist as a hidden, unknown parent company of Ambetter, Health Net, and several other trade names. With some insurance companies, there is never any doubt who is the actual parent company is... i.e. SafeCo is a Liberty Mutual company, or Esurance being part of Allstate. However, Centene makes every effort to avoid being known and for good reason. They are a fraud. A sleazy unethical FRAUD! Do your research and make sure you aren't selecting a company owned and operated by Centene. They screw up invoices, they fail to pay providers, and fail to respond to appeals and complaints. Any attorney wanting a class action case.... let me know.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Cons
  • Inefficient claim process
  • Appeals process being all about delays not resolution
  • Ineffective management
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
COMPLETE PAYMENT OF MY PROVIDER AND REFUND OF MY PREMIUMS FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT

Brands Related to Centene

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article