Cellular South Sucks

I just want to say that I've only been with Cellular South for five months and and breaking my contract this week because I can't take it anymore. First of all their phones are *** and their customer service and tech support are even worse. I also hate that I can't take my phone to a local store for tech support, you can't even call a local store. You must call the 1-877 number and then it will be decided for you if you should be transferred to the store. The only good thing about Cellular South is their coverage area.

Their coverage sucks too. Outside of major metro areas down south they are 1G!

Only when you roam on Verizen are they anygood.

Thank good for Pete Alfonzo that my lousy Milestone rocks! However, I have to go outside the house in the heat to get a good signal for avoice call in the middle of Memphis

ID
Gulfport, Mississippi

Cellular south has 3g coverage in mississippi only

Cellular south runs ads stating they have 3G coverage when in fact they do and its all in Mississippi! They run there ads in the south eastern part of the United Sates. And theres only portions of Mississippi that has 3G coverage. They have none anywhere else, so when you buy a data phone "the phone you want" you have to have a data contract and pay more money for *** your not getting its bull *** to run ads for something in other areas where you dont have coverage. Its misleading and false advertising.If I wold have known all this I would have stayed with AT&T and for others that want to switch to Cell South dont cause your only saving about 10 buck a month.

I have had CS for several years now and I have been pleased. Granted when I initially switched to CS I was accustomed to have a wide variety of phones to choose from and my choices with CS were limited.

Now that the company has grown so has the selection. I do not live in MS and I have 3G coverage. I travel all the time and I have coverage without any problems. I know sometimes we love to vent but lets be realistic this company is much smaller than many of the other cell phone companies and with growth there will be ups and downs.

When its all said and done CS is a good company and I've never had any problems with their customer service department. :)

I have a Cellular South 3g laptop card. I'm lucky if I can get 150k up or down between 6-11 pm.

I called customer support and she said it would be slow during peak and there was nothing they could do. I wish they would have told me that before I signed the contract.

I've been with CS for 13 years. The last few times I've called them, they haven't been as nice and eager to help as in the past.

Cellular South is horrible. According to one of their representatives, their network provides on average, 3.1 mbps download/1.8mbps upload speeds in a 3G area. On my Motorolla Xoom I get AT BEST .61mbps down/.015 MB PS up. Their network is *** poor. I would rather set myself on fire than call their so called technical support people. I literally could not, in ANY way, be more underwhelmed by my ISP/cellular carrier.

Matt, your expectations are simply in the gutter because you have been using cs for five years. How about you raise your expectations so the rest of us can actually get service worth paying for?

Tracy, I hope you realize that you are using the same towers as AT&T users whenever you travel. There's no way your service would be better. Equal at best.

If you are thinking about switching to cs, don't. You will have a horribly slow, unreliable network, the worst customer service and tech support in the industry, and inferior devices. There's a reason that cs is paying iPhone users to switch.

Cellular South sucks. :x

#205647

Cellular South has been great for us for over 5 years now. I travel all over the U.S. and I have great coverage, 3G and otherwise, everywhere I've gone. Also I will state that as for customer service, cellular south has topped any other company. I have had personal experience with 2 other popular "nationwide" companies and they were very terrible in their customer service as well as phone service. Cellular south is the best company in the South... I pity those who do not live where they can use

CS! :)

To those who would bash this company I say this: it would be well for you to use common sense and reason when you deal with people. No one is perfect, but your expectations may be unrealistic... Please try to grow your IQ before you make *** sounding accusations about a solid, widely respected company.

Thank you, that is all.

#193591

I have traveled to the upper mid-west and the northwestern parts of the U.S. using Cellular South and my 3G worked great. I travel with a lot of people who have AT&T and I usually have better coverage than they do.

I have cellular south and I live in central mississippi , and I have NO kind of coverage , I only have a signal here and there ..Downtown Jackson , Ms. I have one bar , their customer service is lousy...bunch of smart mouth kids to wait on you . I will be so glad when my contract is up so I can move to a real cell phone company..cellular south is a joke...

it's your own fault for not looking into the specifics

View more comments (7)
ID
Mobile, Alabama

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article