Pet cockatiel

Update by user Oct 09, 2018

My pet is a cockatiel not a Siberian husky!

Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2018
I recently purchased a cockatiel from this criminal store. They neglected to tell me if the bird was hand fed and/or handled. The bird looked as though it hadn't been cared for for quite some.its nail were long and feathers looked disshovelled. The employee had a terrible time trying to get the bird from the cage, to the carrying box. I tried working with the bird for nine day, however it wanted no part of being handled. As recommended by the vet, I used a towel to get the bird, this was after I tried to take it out of the cage bare handed. I was bitten hard enough to draw blood and the bird actually bit through the shirt I was wearing. We then tried the towel method and had a hard time getting the towel on the bird. It got its head out just far enough to bite my wife's hand twice. Hard enough to draw blood. The bird just didn't want to be handled in any way shape or form. I called the store to bring the bird back, but because it was two days beyond their seven day return policy, they wouldn't take it back. I told one of the employees that I wasn't given the proper amount of information when I bought and that makes a major difference as to how for the bird. I asked the employee how long the bird was on their shelf, and she told me two days. Well..I then asked then what went on between the breeder and the store for the bird to be in the condition it was. They said a couple of weeks. The bird needs a spray bath every couple of days, but due its reluctance to be handled, we haven't been able to do that. Another odd thing with this store is the bird didn't have a leg band on it which would indicate when it was hatched. They told me the bird was under a year old, but I think it's older than that and that the poor bird has been at the store and/or the breeder for a long time. The employee then had the audacity to tell me I should've asked if the bird was hand fed or handled. I told her the retailer should give the consumers all the information to properly care for the pet when it's brought home, and they didn't do that. If this is how one bird was handled, I can only imagine how little care the other animals get, particularly the other bird.
ID
Celina, Ohio
Product
Celina Animal Hospital Bird
Cons
  • Not being given important information as to the care of the bird
Reason of review
Not given adequate information about the bird I purchased
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article