Candita Catelides Brisbane Property Development Scam

Let this review be a warning to anyone looking at getting into business with a South African woman named, 'Candita Catelides.' She currently operates in the Brisbane/South East Queensland area. She is a classic con-woman who has absolutely zero intention of ever delivering on a single promise she makes. She will often travel between different business networking events looking for potential victims. Her pitches will range from mentorship/educational programs to investments in large-scale property developments. She (Candita Catelides) will use classic high-pressure sales techniques and bogus contracts to get victims to 'invest.' As soon as it's convenient for her, she will sever all ties with her victims. If you come in contact with her, it is recommended to report her to the event's organisers as soon as possible. She has been barred from attending numerous business networking events in the Brisbane area already. I represent a growing group of disgruntled ex-associates of Candita Catelides and we're currently engaged in a lengthy class action suit against her. *This review is solely an expression of my opinion.

Could anyone who has had dealings with this woman please contact me phe96@***.com thank you

@Jacinto Reg

Candita Catelides and Mark Jones have moved from Russell Island, QLD to Victoria Point West, QLD. They have started their next scam business which is called Jetting4Plumbers Pty Ltd.

PO Box 3185 Victoria Point West, Qld 4165. If you look at their fake testimonial videos on their website, you can hear Candita's voice behind the camera prompting their victims for statements.

View more comments (1)
ID
#1201621 Review #1201621 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Scam
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Property Developer Candita Catelides

A property developer by the name of Candita Catelides bought my father's QLD home from him. My father has been retired for many years and since mum recently passed away, he wants to move closer to us (family) in the city. He had his house listed for sale on the market for quite a while, but there were no offers or anything. He was approached by a south african woman claiming she was a property developer. Candita Catelides talked him way down on the price. She managed to purchase his house well below what we believe it was worth. I feel she mislead my father on his property's value, and in a way took advantage of his lack of understanding. I think it's only fair to admit that dad should have got a few more valuations done and not taken candita's word for it, but unfortunately she seemed trustworthy to him. After having seen what similar houses sold for, me and my dad are very unhappy with the sale. We feel like Candita Catelides has taken advantage of us. I reckon it's pretty disgusting that she is willing to take advantage of elderly people.

I have nevour bought property from anyone in NSW.funny all posts about me are annonimus? Why is that? Becouse they false.

@PissedConsumer1439995

It clearly states QLD, not Nsw. Yes, I too have been scammed by this "woman" and yes, I believe every single one of these claims.

AVOID THIS PERSON AT ALL COSTS!!!! Ps, looks like your spelling still hasn't improved.

Do not trust this lady. She actually cost us money and never delivered on any of her promise’s.

She is a fraud and likes to play mind games with you to make you think that you are actually doing the wrong thing by her.

The amount of money it cost me in solicitor bills was ridiculous. Do not do any business with this woman I can’t express how much distain for this lady.

I have worked with this lady last year, and she has refused to pay me. I know what she does in her company. Keep in mind she has changed her company name to Optimal Rise Investments.

@PissedConsumer1297612

Disgruntled former "freid" you paid for a coaching .You received all the material.And double my time .You exspected to get a deal immediately, exspecting me to not only find the deal but fund it and give you 50% of the profit. I refuse to be verbally abused by your numerus phonecalls.

@PissedConsumer1440004

Candita, I understand you're from Africa so you likely grew up with different values. But here in Australia, it's completely unacceptable to go around completely screwing people over. I think you ought to take a good hard look at yourself and decide whether this is an appropriate way for you to business.

#1201359

I got a letter from this same woman a while back, now I know that it's just a scam. Thanks

View more comments (6)
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
Not as described/ advertised

Property Sub Division "Option Contract" Candita Catelides

This woman attempted to take advantage of my elderly parents. My parents own a large lot in Queensland and it has been the family home for decades. My parents are elderly, and we have talked about making plans to move them out and into assisted living. They received a letter from this woman (Candita Catelides), claiming she was a property developer and wanted to buy our land for above market price apparently. They met with her and she eventually sent them an "option contract." We didn't know how it was supposed to work, but apparently she was going to take control of the family property and not pay us for it until several years in the future. She was very demanding and put a lot of pressure on my elderly parents. We were very suspicious. I ended up taking the contract to a friend of mine with a background in law and he found many problems with Candita Catelides contract. She put some very vague language in it that allowed her to have an unfair amount of control over us. It was his opinion that Candita Catelides was just trying to bully her way into taking control of our property and was going to under pay us for it so we walked away. We were very lucky that we didn't get into business with her.

I've had business dealings with her and will be pursuing a small claims action. Recommend that no one does business with this woman.

Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article