Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Utility Companies

Compare Reviews for Utility

Show more Show

Popular Product Categories

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Utility ?

These people right here are terrible human beings! I don't understand how and why they have been allowed for so many years to continue their scam business. Shame on the state of PA. My elderly parents in Chippewa, PA was just ripped off more than $3000 for 3 breaker replacements. He would have gotten $7000 had she had a higher credit card. That's the only good thing that happen for my parents in this situation. Waldron Electric company is your *** on earth. Don't call them EVER! And BBB, you all are not doing your job for the people scammed by this company. Shame on you too!!
I have had 2 ecogen 15kw units both suffered from premature brush failure, slip ring damage, and error codes. The first unit Generac replaced. The second unit started having error codes shortly after having the brushes replaced by a qualified service facility. It appears they failed to inspect the slip rings which were in bad condition ate the brushes up and caused them to stick in the holder. For the latter (sticky brushes) the service tech did indicate that he had seen a number of these conditions and has reported the condition to Generac. Now even though my unit has just over half of the time and hours left on warranty they say it's not under warranty.I believe this might be class action material & it's clearly not in line with their warranty documentation.
We had a budget plan in place with Suburban. A few months into the contract, the budget was reevaluated. They then made our payment over $300 per month than what it was supposed to be originally. I found out later on that this happened because they underestimated how much fuel we would be using. We don't use an astronomical amount of fuel, and just by using Google I was able to see that we used right around the same amount as the average household. If I can go on Google and find that out, then why can't the people who work there come up with an estimation that makes sense. A difference of over $300 per month is outrageous. I make payments online, and neither the account dashboard or the "pay my bill" option indicates a current balance. You have to go into your transactions in order to see it. Our plan called for $150 per month and I paid $100 every two weeks, so I assumed that everything was fine. So for a few months my account kept going in the negative because nobody alerted me that either our bill was past due or that our budget plan had changed. I called and when I found out that our budget plan had been changed, I cancelled our next delivery and told them that I would not be doing business with them again. I had been charged multiple late fees. In the months that all of this was going on, we had another issue and had called a few times regarding that. At no time on the phone did any representative feel the need to let us (my husband and I) know that the account was overdue.After all this happened, my husband's uncle, who works for the company, noticed that my husband was not getting the "friends and family" discount on fuel. Which we were supposed to have gotten the entire time. So we were told that it would be applied to our current balance. I called today because I thought I had paid it off and noticed we still had a balance. When I spoke to the manager of the Albany Suburban branch (who I had spoken with many times previously), she told me that they would not be applying the discount, since we were choosing not to continue with Suburban Propane in the future. She said that when they were discussing applying the discount, she did not know that I would not be continuing service. That is a complete lie. Every time I spoke with her I made it clear that I would be done with Suburban once our contract is up. I even posted a status on Facebook regarding my experience and the manager CALLED ME to ask me to take the post down. I told her that I wouldn't take it down and that people should know about my experience and about how Suburban Propane does business. In the post I clearly stated I would never go through Suburban again. So to be told that we should have been getting charged less for 8 months, but that we are not entitled to get that money back, is INFURIATING.Don't waste your time here. They charge way above every other company for fuel. Not only that, but I feel that in all my interactions, this company has been shady and deceiving. I will NEVER go through them again and I will absolutely be warning any of my friends or family members who are considering them.

Our Clients in Utility Category

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends