Looking to find a high-quality rental property you’ll be able to turn into a home? Good. Whether this is your first or last rental experience, keep the below in mind before you sign the lease.

More details about Rentals
reviews
119
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Rentals Companies

1 review

Compare Reviews for Rentals

More reviews Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Rentals ?

I'm 33 years old. I have been renting with Enterprise and not a single other company since i have a driver's license (i was 17 ). My family and i had a corporate account, bought a car through their car sales, and have done repeat multiple thousand dollar rentals with enterprise throughout the years. Probably spent close to $10 000 renting in the past 5 years from their Brevard County locations ( Cape Canaveral and Cocoa ) including over $1000 last month. Well in the middle of my last rental, the manager who was taking great care of me was promoted. ( as happens very often at the Cocoa location ). And the new manager " Robert " decided to flex his nuts and treated me like a thief for renting the same way i have been renting for years. Which it seems was not to his satisfaction as i was told " none of this should have ever happened ". Yet it happened for years and Enterprise was always glad to mislead me and take my money. After getting a phone call from a rude person named " Shauna " from the titusville location regarding a failure to return i drove to the Cocoa location to speak with this Robert. Who was too busy on the phone to come out and talk to me and had Charlie do the back & forth. After about 15mn of waiting Charlie gives me an ULTIMATUM : You have to drop the car off now or face a failure to return ( even though my due date was the next day 7/30 ). To which i replied : " And walk home under the rain ? " To which re replied : " Yeah, or call an Uber ". Seeing as i had come just to talk with Robert who didn't even bother, i didn't even have my wallet on me. I decided to take the car home as i was obviously not going to walk home under the rain. The next morning between 8 and 9:30 i got 3 phone calls from them. I have since then returned the car and filed multiple complaints with customer service, escalation, their care.ehi email, their website, all telling me someone from the regional team will reach out to me ASAP. It's been 1 month. And no one is calling me. That's acceptance of guilt.We are August 11th. Enterprise still hasn't made a single effort to contact me. They should be ashamed. We are now August 26th and Enterprise has asked to " please stop contacting them regarding this " and that our business relationship was terminated and put me on their Do not rent list. Once again, they are treating me like a thief, they have sent 2 collection notices, to which i replied that i would pay for it when someone from corporate contacts me to talk and resolve this situation.
Green Motion charged me £655 for the damage as per the photos attached. On returning the vehicle I had no awareness of the scratches, that is, I had not knowingly brushed, bumped or otherwise caused the scratches. When I returned the car, it was extremely busy and I was informed to wait in the office-lo and behold they inspected my car in my absence, and called me over to inform me of the 'damage'. At first I had no reason to doubt that I may have caused them, and accepted that I may have to pay for repair....Until I found out that the charge was £655. While I was at the counter, having something of a 'heated debate' about the costs, the manage promised me that the work would be carried out, and I would be refunded my money minus costs incurred-I have since found out that they will not repair the car, and they will stand to make 100% profit out of this charge. Given the fact that I have proof that the manager lied to my face, I now suspect that the person checking my car while I was in the office may have caused the scratches so that they could issue this charge.
I got a couch and a love seat from Rent A Center to days after I got the couch I called the manager and told him the couch and the loveseat had bugs he laughed at me and told me it was all in my head I went and got four cans of spray to kill fleas and bedbugs I sprayed that couch and loveseat with those four cans of spray I got to Barnes I put one bomb in front of the couch one in front of the loveseat I bombed them we were still itching I made Rent A Center come and get the couch and loveseat a couple of months have went by we are still itching and have sores all over her *** I finally broke down and went to the doctor took my grandkids to the doctor and the doctor said that we had scabies I ask her if we could get scabies from the furniture and she said absolutely I have called Rent A Center's corporate office several times complain to them I have called the regional manager and the district manager and no one is willing to do anything about this as far as I am concerned no one should ever rent from Rent A Center

Rentals Reviews Trends & Statistics

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

What to Check on a Rental Property When Hunting for a Good Living Unit?

People who decide to rent rather than buy a property should be cautious about these top 5 crucial specifics:

The Price

Budget plays a real role in most rental property hunting exploits. To spare yourself the disappointment, conduct a bit of online research to get an idea of typical rental rates. Also, talk to rental companies in the area. Don’t get carried away with units that look good online but are priced too low. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

The Quality

Professional photos of a rental property are great, but are they the reality? Always arrange to see the property in-person to check on potential cosmetic and more significant issues. Also, look for health and safety issues such as water damage, bug problems, leaky faucets, etc. You don’t want to end up with a property that hasn’t been adequately maintained for a while.

The Landlord

A good landlord means good life. Meet with your potential lessor on several instances to see if you vibe well. You want someone honest, with a mild temper, a sense of boundaries, and good ethics. If you are renting through a rental agency, ask more about your potential landlord.

The Lease

Before signing the lease, have your lawyer or a local realtor look over it to make sure it’s:

• Legitimate
  • A real, standard lease with no surprises

Go over the lease to be sure of things like:

• If it’s a 6-month, one year or month-to-month type of lease
  • When monthly rent due
  • Is your deposit refundable
  • Are roommates & subletting allowed
  • Who is responsible for the maintenance
  • What utilities you are responsible for covering and if any of the utilities are included in the rent

The Neighborhood

Walk/drive around the neighborhood to get a sense of the community. Spend some time in that location to get a better idea of the area’s demographics and the general age of its inhabitants. Check rentals reviews of the location. You also want to investigate the area’s safety record, traffic or parking regulations, and its overall dynamics.

Quality and Price Ratio for Rental Properties... What Should You Know?

If you’ve never before invested in a rental property but are now considering it as the best way to expand your investments and secure cash flow for the future, here are 2 formulas you should know:

The One Percent Rule

The One Percent Rule comes down to a simple equation: If the rent before expenses (the gross monthly rent) equals at least 1% of the purchase price, it’s a good investment to look further into. Otherwise, it’ll usually be skipped.

For example, a $300,000 property would need to rent for $3,000 per month to be considered a good investment, per One Percent Rule. However, it usually depends on the buyer whether they’ll make any rental price tweaks and other changes.

The Cap Rate

The first thing to do is to calculate the cap rate, i.e., the rate of return you’ll make on a property in case you buy it cash.

Net income : asset cost = cap rate

E.g.: You buy a home for $200,000.

It rents for $1,500 per month.

Your expenses (insurance, taxes, management, maintenance, repairs) average out to $500 per month, with the escrowed sum for taxes and insurance included and principal and interest payments on your mortgage excluded.

With your "net operating income" $1,000 per month, or $12,000 per year, your cap rate is $12,000 / $200,000 = 0.06, or 6%

It is up to you to decide if you are okay with this percentage. Plus, you can always talk to an honest rental company with good rating to help out.

What Renters Like and Dislike about a Rental Property?

Going through numerous rentals reviews and gathering apartment rental complaints, we put together a list of the most common renters’ likes and dislikes for you to check out:

Among the top 12 things renters like about a rental property are:

• Great location rating
  • Good safety and security
  • Move-in ready condition
  • School district
  • Appliances included
  • Strategic/high-quality upgrades and renovations
  • Storage (i.e., basement)
  • A cooperative and honest landlord
  • Real (i.e., genuine) house rental reviews

Speaking of dislikes when renting a property, things are pretty clear in that domain, too. Good tenants and serious renters dislike:

• Being disturbed by inconsiderate neighbors and/or landlords as well as unforeseen constructions and repairs, either in their units or common areas
  • Having no place to park, even though agreed that there is a spot secured per every apartment.
  • Landlords who respond slowly to repair requests/complaints or ignore them altogether
  • Being kept in the dark by their landlords (i.e., failing to receive early notice on changes in the apartment complex, repairs, events, etc.)
  • Feeling unsafe due to low security in their apartment complex despite being promised proper security
  • Being unappreciated or put under the impression that they can be thrown out of the apartment at any moment
  • Landlords who increase rent without a previous notice

What Are the Most Practical Features a Rental Property Should Have?

Based on house rental reviews and most common renters’ requirements, these two stand out:

The Amenities

No matter how gorgeous your rental property is, if it doesn’t fit your lifestyle it’s not worth the enthusiasm (or money!). So, when choosing a rental apartment, here are a few things to consider:

• Do you need an elevator?
  • Do you need a doorman or extra security?
  • Is there a washing machine and dryer in your apartment building?
  • Does the apartment have a dishwasher?
  • Are there shops/markets/restaurants in the neighborhood?

If you’re on a tight budget, there’ll have to be some adjustments, for sure. Hire a rental company to help you out.

Security

You can’t put a price on feeling safe in your own home, can you? Landlords should make sure the properties they are renting have any (or all) of the following:

• A new door with a better lock system
  • Security cameras
  • Security in the building
  • Alarm systems, per living unit
When hunting for a rental property, we strongly recommend you not only pay attention to rental reviews but hire a rental agency to help you find the best fit. With so many reviews for rental companies online, you can easily find one you feel would agree with your lifestyle and requirements.