Looking to find a high-quality rental property you’ll be able to turn into a home? Good. Whether this is your first or last rental experience, keep the below in mind before you sign the lease.

More details about Rentals
reviews
124
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Rentals Companies

Worst Rentals Companies

Compare Reviews for Rentals

More reviews Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Rentals ?

I'm more than a pissed consumer I'm a concerned consumer.I hated to fly during covid but had no choice. I flew into the Denver airport on Dec 18th 2020. The experience as a whole was ok. Not feeling entirely safe but observed common sense protocols and crossed my fingers.I went to the Thrifty bus to get to the rental lot and was ok until a second stop was made allowing so many passengers on that it was standing room only. Packed!!! Right up to the area that the driver had roped himself off. When I asked why so many people were being allowed on I was told...wait for it...' oh *** off." I was actually stunned into silence and didn't say another word. I wanted to get off that bus so bad but to anyone that's ever flown into Denver knows I would have been in the middle of nowhere. Once we reached the rental lot I waited until everyone got off and asked the driver his name. He said" I don't have to give you my *** name", turned and walked away.I've written 2 reviews and have not heard from corporate, which I would have expected to. As a consumer I have dialed many phone numbers and cannot reach any corporate rep.It's now my opinion that Thrifty doesn't care at all for their customers and that mr. bus driver felt pretty confident that there would be no repercussions for his offensive response. Both have born themselves out to be true.But..I won't give up. Everyday I'm thinking about all those people getting on those buses with no safety protocols being observed. I wonder, with all the businesses that have gone under because of this stupid pandemic, why does Thrifty think it's above all that. I will pursue this in another direction now. Media..Governmental agencies, oversight boards..Whoever I can find to listen and hopefully take action.Theses buses are little super spreaders and Thrifty doesn't care.
To find out that customer service was closed. The agent told me to call Friday the next day come to find out it was closed to Monday, when I would have been bringing the car back. Come to find out from the finance department. I did not get to rent a car due to the fact that the sixt agent didnt recognize my New Hampshire license as valid and denied me due to my license not due anything to do with calling the Finance department like the agent said.
RUN don't walk from the Coastal Boat Club in Palm Harbor, FLReview of Coastal Boat ClubReviewed October 24, 2020Starved and suffering fatigue In this scary year of pandemic, we longed for something to do that would be fun, safe and socially distanced. Something that would bring a small sense of normalcy to a world otherwise gone mad. Living on the gulf coast of Florida, we decided to look at Boat Clubs. It sounded like the perfect idea! We could reserve a boat when we wanted, and go out with up to 6 people. Visions of sparkling water, uninhabited islands, fishing, swimming, hunting for seashells, snorkeling, picnicking just cruising on the open water, spotting the occasional dolphins and feeling the breeze on our faces. Sounds like an exquisite way to leave it all behind ...right?Not if you are unfortunate enough to join the Coastal Boat Club in Palm Harbor. We paid $2600 to join this club. We went boating a total of twice out of 7 attempts or approximately 3 hours on the water. The 5 boats they have are old, some with malfunctioning gauges and engines. On what was to be our 3rd time out a man put a boat in the water and immediately began yelling at me. Apparently I was meant to bring it around and secure it, He acted like he was doing us a favor. Then he tried to start the boat and couldnt. The boat was a pontoon with a malfunctioning engine that we had told them about the first time we took it out. . I asked if it had been repaired and the surly fellow retorted I own the marina not the boats . He went and brought back a man with a hot box to jump the engine in the boat. I asked if he was giving us the box to start the motor when it failed again. He said NO. I asked what we were meant to do the next time it stalled? The man laughed at me saying Ive got a marina to run and walked away! They were going to send us out in a boat they knew had problems with no concern for the engine stalling again and leaving us in a risky situation. They did not offer another engine or boat, although they later told the Florida Fish and Wildlife they had. What they did was turn and walk away and I have it on video.The warden told me that this is not the first time they have been cited. They obviously have no concern for the safety of the boating public. The negligence they displayed was astonishing and dangerous. .I attempted to call the owner of the Coastal Boat Club to cancel my membership. Her last text was I am so sorry for the experience you had... Can I call you in the morning when I get into town?...I promise I will make things right with you. I have not heard from her since. I sent a certified demand letter to which I received no response, These are obviously unscrupulous people you do not want to do business with. What was meant to be a shining light in an otherwise bleak year has become another nightmare. Run dont walk from the Coastal Boat Club!

Rentals Reviews Trends & Statistics

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

What to Check on a Rental Property When Hunting for a Good Living Unit?

People who decide to rent rather than buy a property should be cautious about these top 5 crucial specifics:

The Price

Budget plays a real role in most rental property hunting exploits. To spare yourself the disappointment, conduct a bit of online research to get an idea of typical rental rates. Also, talk to rental companies in the area. Don’t get carried away with units that look good online but are priced too low. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

The Quality

Professional photos of a rental property are great, but are they the reality? Always arrange to see the property in-person to check on potential cosmetic and more significant issues. Also, look for health and safety issues such as water damage, bug problems, leaky faucets, etc. You don’t want to end up with a property that hasn’t been adequately maintained for a while.

The Landlord

A good landlord means good life. Meet with your potential lessor on several instances to see if you vibe well. You want someone honest, with a mild temper, a sense of boundaries, and good ethics. If you are renting through a rental agency, ask more about your potential landlord.

The Lease

Before signing the lease, have your lawyer or a local realtor look over it to make sure it’s:

• Legitimate
  • A real, standard lease with no surprises

Go over the lease to be sure of things like:

• If it’s a 6-month, one year or month-to-month type of lease
  • When monthly rent due
  • Is your deposit refundable
  • Are roommates & subletting allowed
  • Who is responsible for the maintenance
  • What utilities you are responsible for covering and if any of the utilities are included in the rent

The Neighborhood

Walk/drive around the neighborhood to get a sense of the community. Spend some time in that location to get a better idea of the area’s demographics and the general age of its inhabitants. Check rentals reviews of the location. You also want to investigate the area’s safety record, traffic or parking regulations, and its overall dynamics.

Quality and Price Ratio for Rental Properties... What Should You Know?

If you’ve never before invested in a rental property but are now considering it as the best way to expand your investments and secure cash flow for the future, here are 2 formulas you should know:

The One Percent Rule

The One Percent Rule comes down to a simple equation: If the rent before expenses (the gross monthly rent) equals at least 1% of the purchase price, it’s a good investment to look further into. Otherwise, it’ll usually be skipped.

For example, a $300,000 property would need to rent for $3,000 per month to be considered a good investment, per One Percent Rule. However, it usually depends on the buyer whether they’ll make any rental price tweaks and other changes.

The Cap Rate

The first thing to do is to calculate the cap rate, i.e., the rate of return you’ll make on a property in case you buy it cash.

Net income : asset cost = cap rate

E.g.: You buy a home for $200,000.

It rents for $1,500 per month.

Your expenses (insurance, taxes, management, maintenance, repairs) average out to $500 per month, with the escrowed sum for taxes and insurance included and principal and interest payments on your mortgage excluded.

With your "net operating income" $1,000 per month, or $12,000 per year, your cap rate is $12,000 / $200,000 = 0.06, or 6%

It is up to you to decide if you are okay with this percentage. Plus, you can always talk to an honest rental company with good rating to help out.

What Renters Like and Dislike about a Rental Property?

Going through numerous rentals reviews and gathering apartment rental complaints, we put together a list of the most common renters’ likes and dislikes for you to check out:

Among the top 12 things renters like about a rental property are:

• Great location rating
  • Good safety and security
  • Move-in ready condition
  • School district
  • Appliances included
  • Strategic/high-quality upgrades and renovations
  • Storage (i.e., basement)
  • A cooperative and honest landlord
  • Real (i.e., genuine) house rental reviews

Speaking of dislikes when renting a property, things are pretty clear in that domain, too. Good tenants and serious renters dislike:

• Being disturbed by inconsiderate neighbors and/or landlords as well as unforeseen constructions and repairs, either in their units or common areas
  • Having no place to park, even though agreed that there is a spot secured per every apartment.
  • Landlords who respond slowly to repair requests/complaints or ignore them altogether
  • Being kept in the dark by their landlords (i.e., failing to receive early notice on changes in the apartment complex, repairs, events, etc.)
  • Feeling unsafe due to low security in their apartment complex despite being promised proper security
  • Being unappreciated or put under the impression that they can be thrown out of the apartment at any moment
  • Landlords who increase rent without a previous notice

What Are the Most Practical Features a Rental Property Should Have?

Based on house rental reviews and most common renters’ requirements, these two stand out:

The Amenities

No matter how gorgeous your rental property is, if it doesn’t fit your lifestyle it’s not worth the enthusiasm (or money!). So, when choosing a rental apartment, here are a few things to consider:

• Do you need an elevator?
  • Do you need a doorman or extra security?
  • Is there a washing machine and dryer in your apartment building?
  • Does the apartment have a dishwasher?
  • Are there shops/markets/restaurants in the neighborhood?

If you’re on a tight budget, there’ll have to be some adjustments, for sure. Hire a rental company to help you out.

Security

You can’t put a price on feeling safe in your own home, can you? Landlords should make sure the properties they are renting have any (or all) of the following:

• A new door with a better lock system
  • Security cameras
  • Security in the building
  • Alarm systems, per living unit
When hunting for a rental property, we strongly recommend you not only pay attention to rental reviews but hire a rental agency to help you find the best fit. With so many reviews for rental companies online, you can easily find one you feel would agree with your lifestyle and requirements.