For many of us our pets have become full-fledged members of our families. Like any member of our family, it is important that we keep our pets in the best health conditions possible. Whether for preventative or active care, it is important to find the best veterinary clinics for your pet’s needs.

More details about Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Consumer
reviews
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics Companies

Compare Reviews for Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics

Show more Show

Popular Product Categories

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics ?

Never take a pet to Blue Pearl 24hr Vet clinic. They faked my dogs labs so they could ask to run more test and make more money. Then they refused to prescribe her antibiotics. However, I knew that's what she needed. They wanted me to get more test and I refused. I took her to my vet and received antibiotics the next day, but that was too late. The infection was taking over and the antibiotics weren't working. Being a nurse, I knew she still needed help. I started an IV on her to help maintain the vascular resistance. I called my vet, who had left for vacation and received some advice, ultimately making a decision to take Saph in. Iowa Veterinary Specialties(IVS) did an amazing job with Saph, triaging her and treating her immediately, without pushing for tests that weren't necessary. The cost was the same for five different tests at IVS as it was for the fake blood work at Blue Pearl! At IVS her temp was 104. 9 even after antibiotic therapy at my vet (Startch Pet Hospital). Her actual bloodwork showed elevated WBC of 20,000 as well as other significant markers of infection. Always be the advocate for your pet. They almost cost Sapphire her life by their negligence. She might possibly have mental issues now because they allowed her to leave their clinic and not treat a temp of 105. She is admitted at IVS and staying over night to receive IV antibiotics, fluids, pain meds. Prayers are welcome.
The owners of DeLand Animal Hospital are suing me in an attempt to stop me from posting an account of what happened to my standard poodle on March 31st. I took Rembrandt to their facility just after 3pm on that Saturday. They diagnosed him as having a possible ruptured spleen. They told me that he needed emergency surgery, and I paid them $1800 for the surgery, but when I called them at 9pm to find out how he was doing, I was told to come get him and take him somewhere else because they did not have a surgeon. That means for 6 hours, Rembrandt was bleeding to death in their back room. In an attempt to stop me from telling people what happened, they are trying to beat me up financially by filing a lawsuit against me. So far, I have had to pay over $10,000 for my defense; however, they have more money and have more power than me so this is a tough battle, but I will not take down what I have posted because it is true and accurate account of what happened to Rembrandt.I am fighting not only for my right to post a review, but also, your right.Case #2018-10724-CIDL in the Volusia County Circuit Court.
I took my cat to the hospital on Saturday morning because she wasn't eating or drinking water for 2 days. They did the preliminary evaluation and did get any answers. The doctor told me they need to do a few tests and I agreed because I was very worry for my baby (and they Know that). After $885.80 and 12 different charges made they told me she was ok. I took her back home and she was feeling worst that before with fever. I took her back to the hospital on Monday morning and after another $887.42 and all kind of test and x rays .......no clue why my cat was suffering. The doctor said she think she had a neurological problem and me transfer her to an Advance Veterinarian hospital in David. They see my cat and after charging me $175 for consultation they suggested I have to take my cat to Miami to a specialist to do a special test with THE COST OF $4.000.00 . The first doctor did a Toxoplasmosis test because she thought maybe she has that after my research on internet and I said to her all sintoms looks like that illness. She released the cat and gave me the antibiotic to start that day. When I realized they didn't have a clue what my cat had I decided to take her home for the week end and start giving to her Clindamycin because she said my cat probably has toxoplasmosis. I gave the first dosis in the morning and she started to eat and drink water and she recovered very fast with my care. This is the funny part the results of the toxoplasmosis came Friday morning and are NEGATIVE. My concern is at this point I don't know what happened to my cat because they didn't give me the final and proper diagnostic. Now I have almost $2000 spent and no clue what happened. Of course I don't come back any more to this place.

Our Clients in Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics Category

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

How to Find the Best Veterinary Clinic for your Pet

Types of Pet Care

Like in humans, pet health is broken up into preventative and reactive treatments. Both are important for your pet's health and by focusing on both you will extend your pet's quality of life and the years they live.

Preventative healthcare takes place before any problems arise. Pet Vaccinations and flea treatments are examples that most pet owners are familiar with, but preventative care starts at home. Exercise and diet are a key step to keeping your animals healthy and pet supplements can fill in gaps in their nutrition by supplying vitamins and minerals that may be lacking in their pet food.

By focusing on preventative care you can prevent sickness and injury later on. Veterinarians can also help with it, although we think of them only in terms of emergencies.

No matter how careful we are, it is impossible to prevent or anticipate all of our pets’ misfortunes. When the worst occurs we turn to reactive care. For anything from a simple cold to an extreme injury, you will need to bring your animal to a veterinary hospital you trust.

Veterinarians will examine it and help your furry friend recover with pet medications and pet surgeries. Reactive care tends to be more expensive than preventative care, but it is a major part of keeping your pet healthy.

Both preventative and reactive care are the key to maintaining your pet's health. It is always better to err of the side of caution and consult your veterinarian if help is needed.

How to Find the Vet for your Pet

Looking for the best veterinary clinic for your pet can be an intimidating task. Oftentimes simple online searches can yield a dozen of choices in a larger city, or a limited number in a rural area. When thinking about your veterinarian options there are a number of topics worth considering:

1. Is my pet common or exotic? Not all veterinary centers will treat every pet, and some will charge significantly more for exotic pets. Cats and dogs are common but Birds, rabbits, sometimes require special care. Call prospective veterinarians and ask what their policy is on exotic pets.
  2. Where do my friends and family take their pets? In the age of technology our first instinct might be to jump online and start searching for local veterinarians. Before you make this step it it worth asking your friends and family where they take their pets. Although online reviews are invaluable, getting a personal reference may give you a peace of mind. Some veterinary clinics and hospitals may also have benefits for referrals, including discounts. Check the veterinary clinic’s website to see if these programs are available.
  3. Who else can I trust? Although friends and family can be a big help when determining what vet to take your pets too, sometimes it's useful to cast a wider net using the internet as a resource. Think about using popular review sites, forums, and blogs to get information. Look at both the rating and the user reviews before making a decision.
  4. What are the costs? Although we don't like to admit, sometimes money is an issue, even when it comes to our pet’s health. Some veterinary clinics will charge less for the same basic services. Why pay half again as much for a basic checkup is the quality of care is the same. You may need to call the veterinary clinic and ask about the costs as some websites don't include quotes on specific services.

Types of Pet Supplements

Pet supplements can fill in the gaps in your pet’s health and bring relief in their everyday lives. Even with their great benefits it is important to consult with your family veterinarian before moving forward. Supplements are not a replacement for pet medicine and are better thought of as preventative care. Although there are many different supplements on the market, there are four broad categories to look for before considering giving supplements to your pet:

1. A Good Kind of Sugar: Glucosamine, an amino sugar, is commonly agreed to be one of the most effective pet supplements on the market. Often used for joint health, it has been shown to be effective for minor pain management. Glucosamine is often found in food and treats but is more effective as an extract.
  2. Some Bacteria is Good!: Digestive health is as important in pets as it is in humans. Just as we’ve found in people, probiotics can improve your pet’s health and quality of life. When looking for the right probiotics make sure to find supplements that are specially designed for your pet. Yogurt might be great for humans, but the gut bacteria it promotes is not the same your pet needs.
  3. Gone Fishing: You might not want to feed your dog sushi but fish oils are a definite yes. Commonly used to help manage a healthy coat, fish oils have anti-inflammatory effects that can help your dog or cat with minor pain management.
  4. A Vitamin a Day: With a perfectly balanced diet a pet might not need a vitamin supplement. Unfortunately, like with people, this balance is often hard to achieve. Multivitamins can be an important way to round out your pet’s daily nutrients.

Use Care in Pet Health Decisions

Even with the right veterinarian and a holistic mix of preventative and reactive care, there are still important topics to consider. Below are three points to consider when thinking about going above and beyond improving your pet’s health.

1. Talk to your veterinarian before making major changes to your pet's health regime. Supplements have wonderful benefits but overuse can cause problems. Changing diets might seem as simple as buying different foods, but dramatic changes could affect digestion and nutritional health. A quick consultation can save from pain and injury down the line.
  2. It is easy to find cheap pet medicine online. This sometimes makes people think that you can simply buy the medicine without a vet visit. Remember that you are not a health professional. Illnesses often have similar symptoms and you might accidentally buy medication your animal doesn't need. This may make your pet’s condition get worse or possibly create even more health problems.
  3. Don't be afraid of change. Sometimes a veterinarian simply doesn't work out. This may be because of cost, your animal's needs, or unexpected problems. Be ready to look elsewhere for help. Veterinarians will often understand and may be willing to forward your pet's records to another location.

Keeping your animal happy and healthy doesn't need to be a headache. By focusing on preventative and reactive care, and finding the best veterinarian for your pet, you can make sure your pet lives a long and fulfilling life.