Since we cannot predict our own future, it is only logical that insurance is the best way to secure our financial security. But, how do you choose the right type of insurance? Taking into consideration that there are many different types of insurance and many different companies offering various types of services, it’s important to know the best tips to choose the best coverage.

More details about Insurance

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

Compare Reviews for Insurance

Show more Show

Popular Product Categories

Show more Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Insurance ?

Western General's policy holder smashed into the back of me on Nov. 21, 2018. He was going at a high rate of speed. It totaled my car (I had to file on my own collision policy) and I have been without any resolution since then. I am paying for a rental car out of my own pocket. To try and get my reimbursement for the rental car and broken items in the car, I have been put off and put off for months. They always reply with the same statement, "I am sorry we cannot accept or deny this claim. It is still pending as we have not gotten ahold of our policy holder". Seriously, since Nov. 21, 2018 you haven't realized that this person is not going to call you back therefore you will leave an innocent person like myself in a horrible situation?! I have called at least 25 times and have been told the exact same thing. I guess they use a script. I have spoken to Richard, Rose, Frank, Felise just to name a few. They have all the information they need to make a decision. They have the police report and the 2 witnesses names and phone numbers. What else do you need??? All I want is for them to accept or deny my claim - that is it! Just make a decision so that I can move on with my insurance or get my reimbursement from Western General. Nevertheless there is no way that this can be ok for a business to treat people like this. I was an innocent party traveling down a road when this person (their policyholder) hit me from behind going over 105mph. I would just like for Western General to stop reading a script to me and stop posting the exact same response on all my complaints. Just do the right thing and resolve this issue. I am a single mother and there is no way that this should be ok for anyone to treat people this way.
Have been remodeling our house this past year. Was down to last room which was my wife and I bedroom. Upon removing bed, we noticed soft spot in floor. Upon investigating, I found white mold and rotten floor joist in that area. In 2017, I had a major water line bust under house. Approximately 35000 gallons of water ran under house before water dept noticed usage and informed my wife and I of this. Had to remove vapor barrier because it became a mud bath under house. We fixed water line and did what we could to dry out. In 2019 our next project was to put new vapor barrier down and replace AC duct work with modern technology along with new unit. Our house is approximately 60 yrs old, but very well built. Never had an issue underneath in our 15 yrs at this location. Due to the moisture from water leak that flooded underneath, over the next year, our issues began, unbeknown to us. House stays very warm underneath. So moisture was being drawn from damp ground and naturally with a house this age, wood is cured and very easily affected by such moisture. Sadly I didn't catch in time, so now am having to tare out bedroom joist and flooring to address the issue. Upon contacting Erie and asking for agent, I was informed he was on a paid company cruise because they had won an award for selling most insurance in a company contest. Upon filing a claim, after explaining what caused the issue in first place, it took a week to get a appointment from adjustor, who was very incompetent from very beginning. Then on day he comes I get three identical letters in mail in separate envelops stating he would like to discuss our claim. I thought wow, what a waste. I realized quickly he didn't give a rip except for figuring out how not to pay anything toward claim.Once on site, which lasted approximately 15 minutes, he begin to go into his spill that moisture damaged wasn't covered by insurance. My argument was I didn't have moisture problem till after the major water leak. Upon leaving on Wednesday, Matt Ladd (adjustor name) said he would be back in touch on Friday or Monday. Well a week and half later I get a voicemail that said claim had been denied. I called back and left message, but naturally didn't and probably wont hear back from him. Its sad that these companies are allowed to take your money for insurance and yet can screw you when an issue happens that they should help customer with and basically you have no recourse. I will be changing companies in the new year. I would highly recommend anyone looking at doing business with this company to do your research and especially the fine print before doing business with them. I for one certainly regret it.
In a recent storm a tree fell on our truck. It's a 2013 Chevy 1500 with 36,000 miles on it in perfect condition. Allstate values the truck at $25,000 and found $10,000 in damages. The cab is squashed, the interior is sodden from days of heavy rain. According to a certified welder, the welds of the roof structure done in a repair shop will never be as good as the factory construction. Our concern is that the cab structure will never be safe if the truck were to roll and the occupants would be killed.We feel the only way to do the repair correctly is to completely replace the cab, wiring, airbags etc with new factory parts. Allstate is not willing to do this. We feel the vehicle will never be safe the way Allstate wants to do the repairs. Add to this we have used Allstate for 40 years (autos and homeowners) and this is our first claim. We feel that Allstate is merely trying to save money and not concerned about our safety. Shouldn't safety in a vehicle be important?We have spoken to trustworthy local auto dealers about this. They have seen the photos and they say they would never take this truck in trade, no matter how good the repairs appear. Even if repaired correctly this vehicle will loose a significant amount of its value, and most people would not buy it. We just lost $25,000 with the stroke of a tree. Allstate is unwilling to do the right thing, total the vehicle, and get a potentially unsafe truck off the road.

Our Clients in Insurance Category

Mutual Of Omaha
Access Health Ct
Access Health Ct

How to Choose the Best Insurance for Your Needs

Taking into consideration that there are many different types of insurance and many different companies offering various types of services, it’s important to know the best tips to choose the best coverage. Check out the list of the most common types of insurance and tips on how to pick the one that will fit your requirements better.

The Most Common Types of Insurance

You can get insurance for a number of situations and belongings, so there a list of the most popular ones:

• Life insurance – is a contract made between an insurance company and a policyholder, and it is covering such instances of death or a terminal illness. Bear in mind that life insurance is not an investment or a savings plan, and has no cash value, so it is executed only in terms of an accident or death.
  • Pension insurance – this type of insurance helps people create a fund where a certain sum of money accumulates during the policy holder’s employment years. A person will receive the money upon retirement, after pre-determined legal terms with the insurance company are met.

• Home insurance – is a way of ensuring your property and all the belongings from any type of destruction, burglaries and natural disasters. This type of insurance includes things from a broad range of subcategories, starting from terrorism, fire, flood, earthquakes, to water heater insurance.
  • Health insurance – covers all the medical and surgical expenses. It is often included in benefit packages of employees. Health insurance has subgroups as well, such as long-term care, disability insurance and critical illness insurance. When shopping for a more expensive health insurance, you should know that most of the insurance companies offer lower monthly deductibles.
  • Vehicle insurance – this type of insurance protects the owner of a vehicle in case of any accident. The good thing about auto insurance is that it covers some medical bills as well, apart from covering for damages.
  • Travel insurance – this type of insurance covers all types of material loss or medical requirements while traveling. Policies often offer protection in all sorts of transportation and accommodations such as hotels and flight delays, loss or damages of baggage, etc.

Although many insurance companies have a fair working policy with their clients, there are many ways you can easily get scammed or tricked into settling for less when you are in need of insurance. And let’s be honest, accidents do occur more often than we would like them to.

So if you are planning to insure your car or just get a travel insurance here are some things you need to pay attention to:

Things to Know When Applying for Car Insurance

Before getting car insurance, pay attention to these very important things:

• First of all, you need to take into consideration factors such as customer service, affordability and users’ reviews.
  • Pay attention to how these insurance companies work with their clients and if the customers are satisfied.
  • Although having to pay a certain amount of money every month for car insurance might seem pointless to you, when in fact, paying for car insurance is actually one of the smartest things you can “invest” your money in. Although you will save a couple extra bucks if you pay smaller rates, it will cover fewer damages, and by continuing to pay a higher rate you will be able to claim insurance in the future if needed unexpectedly.
  • Car insurance is for physical damage repairs, but NOT for mechanical repairs (unless the cause of the mechanical repair is a collision, fire or vandalism)!

When it comes to physical damages to the vehicle, there are two major categories you need to differentiate, so you don’t end up misinformed by the insurance company (as they often don’t list such information in the contract):

• Comprehensive coverage – that covers basically everything else except collision: theft, vandalism, fire, water or storm damage, accidents with wildlife animals, etc. Comprehensive coverage is the most frequently used when there is a need for roadside assistance.
  • Collision coverage – protects your vehicle from any form of car accidents and any type of collisions: with other cars, trees, light posts and any other inanimate objects.

It is often given when you do not know who has damaged your vehicle or when you are at fault.

Now that you know this important information, there also several other things you should consider before getting your insurance.

How to Get the Best Insurance Deal

When spending your money, you have to be wise and obviously, you would want to get the best possible deal for your needs, and the following explains how:

• Don’t fall for insurance companies that sound like they have the cheapest deals – many companies spend lots of money on advertising their brand, when in fact they offer poor deals. Inform yourself about every single detail before deciding to sign the policy.
  • Always check for discounts and special offers – a lot of insurance companies have great offers and deals a couple of times a year, where they give special discount offers for new members, and it can be a great way to hop in and benefit from it. Some people simply miss out on these offers because they were not well informed.
  • Keep your credit score clean and neat – sometimes keeping your credit score in good balance can make it easier to get a good settlement with the insurance company.
  • Save money by opting for higher deductibles – it can lower your monthly premium, sometimes drastically up to 30 percent!
  • Check your local insurers - many local insurers can offer better deals than the big companies, so be on the lookout for any great deals by smaller companies.

How to Choose the Best Travel Insurance for Your Needs

A well-thought-through travel insurance can provide peace of mind and comfort to a customer for many uncertainties that might be faced when going on a trip. Nobody can predict what can go wrong and if such thing happens (God forbid!) an insurance company can come to one’s rescue. Whether it is receiving an adequate compensation or just covering the traveler’s medical bills, travel insurance can come in handy. To choose the best travel insurance you need to consider the following points:

• Always make your travel itinerary detailed, so that when you need to pick out an insurance policy, you will know exactly what type of insurance you need, and how much it should cost.
  • What you need to know is that canceling your trip may not get your money back; some policies offer “cancel for any reason” coverage at an additional cost.
  • Be aware that the “smartest” types of travel insurance for you to choose are medical and personal effects coverage.
  • In case you need medical assistance, your insurance company will cover all the costs, but make sure you know that the insurance company will cover medical expenses on all continents/or the ones you visit.

Top 7 Tips on how to Apply for a Travel Insurance

Here are some of the top tips you need to know before applying for travel insurance:

1. Look if the insurance company covers your travel destination before applying.
  2. Check what is your limit for claiming in the events of minor losses such as wallets, keys, documents, laptop, phone etc.
  3. Know a proper way of reporting your missing items in case of a theft – you will need to contact the local authorities and your insurance agent, so that they help you fill out the forms correctly.
  4. In a case of a cancellation of a trip bear in mind that some insurance policies do not cover refund of the cost of the trip.
  5. Be honest with your existing medical conditions – some companies will restrain themselves from refunding a client if they were not aware of a medical condition the client had and did not report. So make sure you are reporting any chronic or long-term illnesses with your insurance company.
  6. Consult your bank for refunds in case of an insurance fraud – sometimes a company can avoid granting a refund for some types of accidents, due to minor clauses and loopholes in the contract. Make sure you read every single detail of your contract carefully, so you do not encounter this type of inconvenience.
  7. Check the insurance company’s customer service for good and bad reviews – visit your insurance company’s web page and look for customer service section or FAQ and get all the information you need. Or you can consult on various forums and check for other clients and their experiences.

If you prepare thoroughly and check out all the things listed, you will be able to find the right insurance company for your needs. So take that extra time and your mind will be worry-free!