Best Insurance Companies
Since we cannot predict our own future, it is only logical that insurance is the best way to secure our financial security. But, how do you choose the right type of insurance? Taking into consideration that there are many different types of insurance and many different companies offering various types of services, it’s important to know the best tips to choose the best coverage.
Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.
Best Insurance Companies
Compare Reviews for Insurance
Picked by Editorial Team
Consumers Opinions about Insurance
Video interviews are designed to showcase real customer experiences with a variety of companies. They give consumers a chance to tell their side of the story and expand upon their original complaint posted to PissedConsumer.com
Our Clients in Insurance Category
Insurance Reviews Trends & Statistics
How to Choose the Best Insurance for Your Needs
Since we cannot predict our own future, it is only logical that insurance is the best way to secure our financial security. But, how do you choose the right type of insurance?
Taking into consideration that there are many different types of insurance and many different companies offering various types of services, it’s important to know the best tips to choose the best coverage. Check out the list of the most common types of insurance and tips on how to pick the one that will fit your requirements better.
The Most Common Types of Insurance
You can get insurance for a number of situations and belongings, so there a list of the most popular ones:
- Life insurance – is a contract made between an insurance company and a policyholder, and it is covering such instances of death or a terminal illness. Bear in mind that life insurance is not an investment or a savings plan, and has no cash value, so it is executed only in terms of an accident or death.
- Pension insurance – this type of insurance helps people create a fund where a certain sum of money accumulates during the policy holder’s employment years. A person will receive the money upon retirement, after pre-determined legal terms with the insurance company are met.
- Home insurance – is a way of ensuring your property and all the belongings from any type of destruction, burglaries and natural disasters. This type of insurance includes things from a broad range of subcategories, starting from terrorism, fire, flood, earthquakes, to water heater insurance.
- Health insurance – covers all the medical and surgical expenses. It is often included in benefit packages of employees. Health insurance has subgroups as well, such as long-term care, disability insurance and critical illness insurance. When shopping for a more expensive health insurance, you should know that most of the insurance companies offer lower monthly deductibles.
- Vehicle insurance – this type of insurance protects the owner of a vehicle in case of any accident. The good thing about auto insurance is that it covers some medical bills as well, apart from covering for damages.
- Travel insurance – this type of insurance covers all types of material loss or medical requirements while traveling. Policies often offer protection in all sorts of transportation and accommodations such as hotels and flight delays, loss or damages of baggage, etc.
Although many insurance companies have a fair working policy with their clients, there are many ways you can easily get scammed or tricked into settling for less when you are in need of insurance. And let’s be honest, accidents do occur more often than we would like them to.
So if you are planning to insure your car or just get a travel insurance here are some things you need to pay attention to:
Things to Know When Applying for Car Insurance
Before getting car insurance, pay attention to these very important things:
- First of all, you need to take into consideration factors such as customer service, affordability and users’ reviews.
- Pay attention to how these insurance companies work with their clients and if the customers are satisfied.
- Although having to pay a certain amount of money every month for car insurance might seem pointless to you, when in fact, paying for car insurance is actually one of the smartest things you can “invest” your money in. Although you will save a couple extra bucks if you pay smaller rates, it will cover fewer damages, and by continuing to pay a higher rate you will be able to claim insurance in the future if needed unexpectedly.
- Car insurance is for physical damage repairs, but NOT for mechanical repairs (unless the cause of the mechanical repair is a collision, fire or vandalism)!
When it comes to physical damages to the vehicle, there are two major categories you need to differentiate, so you don’t end up misinformed by the insurance company (as they often don’t list such information in the contract):
- Comprehensive coverage – that covers basically everything else except collision: theft, vandalism, fire, water or storm damage, accidents with wildlife animals, etc. Comprehensive coverage is the most frequently used when there is a need for roadside assistance.
- Collision coverage – protects your vehicle from any form of car accidents and any type of collisions: with other cars, trees, light posts and any other inanimate objects.
It is often given when you do not know who has damaged your vehicle or when you are at fault.
Now that you know this important information, there also several other things you should consider before getting your insurance.
How to Get the Best Insurance Deal
When spending your money, you have to be wise and obviously, you would want to get the best possible deal for your needs, and the following explains how:
- Don’t fall for insurance companies that sound like they have the cheapest deals – many companies spend lots of money on advertising their brand, when in fact they offer poor deals. Inform yourself about every single detail before deciding to sign the policy.
- Always check for discounts and special offers – a lot of insurance companies have great offers and deals a couple of times a year, where they give special discount offers for new members, and it can be a great way to hop in and benefit from it. Some people simply miss out on these offers because they were not well informed.
- Keep your credit score clean and neat – sometimes keeping your credit score in good balance can make it easier to get a good settlement with the insurance company.
- Save money by opting for higher deductibles – it can lower your monthly premium, sometimes drastically up to 30 percent!
- Check your local insurers - many local insurers can offer better deals than the big companies, so be on the lookout for any great deals by smaller companies.
How to Choose the Best Travel Insurance for Your Needs
A well-thought-through travel insurance can provide peace of mind and comfort to a customer for many uncertainties that might be faced when going on a trip. Nobody can predict what can go wrong and if such thing happens (God forbid!) an insurance company can come to one’s rescue. Whether it is receiving an adequate compensation or just covering the traveler’s medical bills, travel insurance can come in handy. To choose the best travel insurance you need to consider the following points:
- Always make your travel itinerary detailed, so that when you need to pick out an insurance policy, you will know exactly what type of insurance you need, and how much it should cost.
- What you need to know is that canceling your trip may not get your money back; some policies offer “cancel for any reason” coverage at an additional cost.
- Be aware that the “smartest” types of travel insurance for you to choose are medical and personal effects coverage.
- In case you need medical assistance, your insurance company will cover all the costs, but make sure you know that the insurance company will cover medical expenses on all continents/or the ones you visit.
Top 7 Tips on how to Apply for a Travel Insurance
Always make your travel itinerary detailed, so that when you need to pick out an insurance policy, you will know exactly what type of insurance you need, and how much it should cost.
Here are some of the top tips you need to know before applying for travel insurance:
- Look if the insurance company covers your travel destination before applying.
- Check what is your limit for claiming in the events of minor losses such as wallets, keys, documents, laptop, phone etc.
- Know a proper way of reporting your missing items in case of a theft – you will need to contact the local authorities and your insurance agent, so that they help you fill out the forms correctly.
- In a case of a cancellation of a trip bear in mind that some insurance policies do not cover refund of the cost of the trip.
- Be honest with your existing medical conditions – some companies will restrain themselves from refunding a client if they were not aware of a medical condition the client had and did not report. So make sure you are reporting any chronic or long-term illnesses with your insurance company.
- Consult your bank for refunds in case of an insurance fraud – sometimes a company can avoid granting a refund for some types of accidents, due to minor clauses and loopholes in the contract. Make sure you read every single detail of your contract carefully, so you do not encounter this type of inconvenience.
- Check the insurance company’s customer service for good and bad reviews – visit your insurance company’s web page and look for customer service section or FAQ and get all the information you need. Or you can consult on various forums and check for other clients and their experiences.
If you prepare thoroughly and check out all the things listed, you will be able to find the right insurance company for your needs. So take that extra time and your mind will be worry-free!