Since we cannot predict our own future, it is only logical that insurance is the best way to secure our financial security. But, how do you choose the right type of insurance? Taking into consideration that there are many different types of insurance and many different companies offering various types of services, it’s important to know the best tips to choose the best coverage.

More details about Insurance
reviews
171
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Insurance Companies

Worst Insurance Companies

Compare Reviews for Insurance

Show more Show

Popular Product Categories

Show more Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Insurance ?

Future protect,I was approached, by Mashreq who did market the product very differently LYING to my face,I never thought that banks do not have governance and compliance. i signed off ,When i discover their lies i asked MetLife to intervene and help me out.They claimed no responsibility for having a distributor that is so unreliable, in fact I was proposed to stop future protect but letting mashreq/metlife keep their 30% Commissions.STAFF WAS NICE BUT THIS IS A SCAM OPERATION ORCHESTRATED BY BANKS/INSURANCE COMPANIES, where central banks play no role
Read
Birghtstar is Rogers Device Protection Provider. This past week, they went into my account and sent a "courtesy phone" as a replacement to a stranger in Montreal. That stranger then activated a Trellis 7 Android at a Rogers store. That phone was activated after 2pm, because when I left my house at 1:58pm I was still on the Rogers network. By the time I got in my vehicle at 2pm, it said No Service.I had to go work, but I got home at 4:15pm and logged into my MyRogers account. I noticed immediately that the phone number I'd had since I activated this account in 2013 had changed. Without my knowledge or consent. I immediately contacted Rogers. It was then that the descent into condescending began. Rogers said I must have been hacked.I said I hadn't been and that if I had been, my desktop would have gotten an alert. Well, just a few minutes later, I got exactly that, a notification on my Desktop asking me if I wished to allow access to a Trellis 7 Android in Montreal with MY phone number. I declined it and started changing all my passwords on everything. I called PayPal and closed the account because they had somehow accessed that via one of the courtesy phones issued and they even changed the email associated with my PayPal so I couldn't log in. That happened 10 minutes before I called PayPal.They let me close it and blocked everything immediately. And I am grateful. That call was after spending 45 minutes on the phone with a Rogers rep who refused to accept that I wasn't hacked and that I was actively working against someone with my own number resetting all my apps and accounts.So, he claims he can't do anything for me but will escalate and have some one call me back with 72 hours. I was very explicit that that was not acceptable. And that's when I really began digging.Through the MyRogers Portal, I went to "Start a track or phone repair claim". From that page, you can check what devices are associated with your account. There's a Devices Tab, a Repair Request Tab, and a Device Protection tab. I checked all three and what I found was ASTOUNDING.There were 18 phones activated on my account from October 9/19 to Oct 22/19 (when I reported it). It didn't get locked down by Rogers until yesterday, Oct 23/19 when Lynne was able to allow me to change the password (via the FB Team). There were 18 phones with MY PERSONAL INFORMATION copied by Brightstar in multiple repair requests. And I was watching them initiate more repair requests last night as they were trying to initiate them and while I was trying to get the password changed. Watching it pop up on the screen. So, I screen shot everything.I even found a page showing the credit card information used (last 4 digits, not mine), the shipping information (again, not mine), a shipping label showing where it came from (Rogers) and where it went to (Brightstar).Brightstar is all over this with the multiple repair requests and the 18 courtesy phones they shipped out attached to my account. Yet Rogers won't accept responsibility for not even asking the person who was able to steal my number for any identification. NONE.There were several employees who seemed to refuse to accept what I was saying, who got very condescending with me, and who essentially told me that I was at fault because someone must have hacked my email. HACKED MY EMAIL? I don't think so. I was in touch with Roger before they had a chance to try.Besides, I found that they already had all the information they needed on Oct 9/19. They'd been making changes to everything under the radar for weeks. All under the guise of repair requests and courtesy phones. It is someone within Brightstar, possibly (probably), even working with an insider at Rogers.According to Brightstar's contract of TOS, your phone number IS your account number. It gives Brightstar the information they need to see your account information and package information, as well as make changes. Here's the link to what I'm speaking of:https://www.brightstarprotect.com/Portals/27/Resources/2019/T_C/after/Rogers%20Premium%20Device%20Protection%20Service%20Contract%20Final%20(Plan%203)%202-21-2019%20MB%20&%20SK.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2UB3QH8JyK3XRjPPWePEHgWCbs1ADrFpwg2lfNuWnFl96cUS7wN_u2BHwSo, the point is, in that first sentence above, it openly advises that My Cell Number IS my Brightstar Account Number. They can access it at any time because their portal is connected to every single MyRogers account. What's more, this puts every single person who has opted for device protection through Rogers (and Bell, yes, I checked. HMU if you want that contract TOS link and I'll send it to you) is at risk of being used to filter phones out of Rogers. Possibly (total speculation on my part), being sold as Unlocked Devices on Amazon, eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji, etc. Phones they started a repair ticket for so they could issue a "courtesy phone" to some one they know with all my information, 18 times, on 18 different devices since October 9th, 2019. Yet, Ken, at Rogers still seems to think I was hacked and this is all my own fault for not better protecting my own accounts. Meanwhile, I'M ALERTING ROGERS, they are ignoring me and blaming me (all but Lynne and Victoria), I locked down everything without them locking down anything. I couldn't even change my MyRogers password until Lynne unlocked it for me last night. I WAS LOCKED OUT FROM CHANGING MY OWN PASSWORD, and that's not an internal fraud? Brightstar didn't set that up when they boosted my plan claiming they were setting up a courtesy phone for me that I was never aware of?I didn't get hacked, but the MyRogers site must have. Probably even by phishing the information (such as email and birthday) via a Live Chat agent. Read the article above (top), Rogers even blamed the victim in that instance, as well. And I'm sure she never thought to go looking further into her account. And then came me. People deserve to know and they deserve to be protected. And for the record, so far, the only people this seems to happen to are those who are subscribed to device protection plans through Rogers.In October of 2018, CTV actually shared a great example of what I'm talking about. But up until now, I don't think any one had any evidence that the Device Protection Company is the one making the changes, charges, and shipping out phones under the table. Just say NO to Device Protection is the Insurance Company is Brightstar. I have canceled my device protection with Rogers now.Lastly, when you access the device portal, you are actually accessing Brightstar's web portal. It immediately allows them access to your account information, especially if you initiate a repair or service request. Every service request is potentially the equivellent of handing them your wallet. And Rogers is perpetuating this fraud by association and by victim blaming as well as by refusing to take any accountability for allowing someone to move any of my services without my expressed permission and verification, specifically identification.My only hope with this is that it helps some one who is being violated. May it help you to understand this scam, or help you find information, or helps a potential law suit, then I will be happy. I am now taking this the legal route, if only to set a precedence and get proactive laws in place to prevent Rogers or Brightstar for allowing internal abuse of consumer information.
UNETHICAL, UNPROFESSIONAL, SABOTAGING PRACTICES OF GALLAGHER BASSETT SERVICES INC MUST BE STOPPED ASAP.THE BOLD FACE LIES, TTD BENEFITS TERMINATED WITHOUT THE FACTS FOR 6.5 MONTHS AND RESUME ON THE DAY AND DATE OF MY SURGERY JUST TO TERMINATE THEM AGAINST UNDER FALSE STATEMENTS IN A LETTER RECEIVED MARCH 1ST 2019. I AM JUST TIRED OF THE 14 MONTHS OF DISRESPECT AND MISTREATMENT OF MY WORKERS COMPENSATION CLAIM WITH THIS *** OF A COMPANY THAT SPEAKS HOPE AND AN GREAT OUTCOME TO THE POLICY HOLDERS BUT TREAT THERE INJURED EMPLOYEES LIKE TRASH ON THE STREETS. DISCARDED AND MISHANDLED OF THESE 741 PLUS MINES 742 REVIEWS THAT IS CURRENTLY OUT HERE ONLINE.THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT WILL GET THERE ATTENTION TO TREAT US INJURED EMPLOYEES WITH OPEN CLAIMS WITH THE HONOR AND RESPECT WE DESERVE.WHO'S WITH ME, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS SO WE CAN CHAT AND GET THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT STARTED.

Our Clients in Insurance Category

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

How to Choose the Best Insurance for Your Needs

Taking into consideration that there are many different types of insurance and many different companies offering various types of services, it’s important to know the best tips to choose the best coverage. Check out the list of the most common types of insurance and tips on how to pick the one that will fit your requirements better.

The Most Common Types of Insurance

You can get insurance for a number of situations and belongings, so there a list of the most popular ones:

• Life insurance – is a contract made between an insurance company and a policyholder, and it is covering such instances of death or a terminal illness. Bear in mind that life insurance is not an investment or a savings plan, and has no cash value, so it is executed only in terms of an accident or death.
  • Pension insurance – this type of insurance helps people create a fund where a certain sum of money accumulates during the policy holder’s employment years. A person will receive the money upon retirement, after pre-determined legal terms with the insurance company are met.

• Home insurance – is a way of ensuring your property and all the belongings from any type of destruction, burglaries and natural disasters. This type of insurance includes things from a broad range of subcategories, starting from terrorism, fire, flood, earthquakes, to water heater insurance.
  • Health insurance – covers all the medical and surgical expenses. It is often included in benefit packages of employees. Health insurance has subgroups as well, such as long-term care, disability insurance and critical illness insurance. When shopping for a more expensive health insurance, you should know that most of the insurance companies offer lower monthly deductibles.
  • Vehicle insurance – this type of insurance protects the owner of a vehicle in case of any accident. The good thing about auto insurance is that it covers some medical bills as well, apart from covering for damages.
  • Travel insurance – this type of insurance covers all types of material loss or medical requirements while traveling. Policies often offer protection in all sorts of transportation and accommodations such as hotels and flight delays, loss or damages of baggage, etc.

Although many insurance companies have a fair working policy with their clients, there are many ways you can easily get scammed or tricked into settling for less when you are in need of insurance. And let’s be honest, accidents do occur more often than we would like them to.

So if you are planning to insure your car or just get a travel insurance here are some things you need to pay attention to:

Things to Know When Applying for Car Insurance

Before getting car insurance, pay attention to these very important things:

• First of all, you need to take into consideration factors such as customer service, affordability and users’ reviews.
  • Pay attention to how these insurance companies work with their clients and if the customers are satisfied.
  • Although having to pay a certain amount of money every month for car insurance might seem pointless to you, when in fact, paying for car insurance is actually one of the smartest things you can “invest” your money in. Although you will save a couple extra bucks if you pay smaller rates, it will cover fewer damages, and by continuing to pay a higher rate you will be able to claim insurance in the future if needed unexpectedly.
  • Car insurance is for physical damage repairs, but NOT for mechanical repairs (unless the cause of the mechanical repair is a collision, fire or vandalism)!

When it comes to physical damages to the vehicle, there are two major categories you need to differentiate, so you don’t end up misinformed by the insurance company (as they often don’t list such information in the contract):

• Comprehensive coverage – that covers basically everything else except collision: theft, vandalism, fire, water or storm damage, accidents with wildlife animals, etc. Comprehensive coverage is the most frequently used when there is a need for roadside assistance.
  • Collision coverage – protects your vehicle from any form of car accidents and any type of collisions: with other cars, trees, light posts and any other inanimate objects.

It is often given when you do not know who has damaged your vehicle or when you are at fault.

Now that you know this important information, there also several other things you should consider before getting your insurance.

How to Get the Best Insurance Deal

When spending your money, you have to be wise and obviously, you would want to get the best possible deal for your needs, and the following explains how:

• Don’t fall for insurance companies that sound like they have the cheapest deals – many companies spend lots of money on advertising their brand, when in fact they offer poor deals. Inform yourself about every single detail before deciding to sign the policy.
  • Always check for discounts and special offers – a lot of insurance companies have great offers and deals a couple of times a year, where they give special discount offers for new members, and it can be a great way to hop in and benefit from it. Some people simply miss out on these offers because they were not well informed.
  • Keep your credit score clean and neat – sometimes keeping your credit score in good balance can make it easier to get a good settlement with the insurance company.
  • Save money by opting for higher deductibles – it can lower your monthly premium, sometimes drastically up to 30 percent!
  • Check your local insurers - many local insurers can offer better deals than the big companies, so be on the lookout for any great deals by smaller companies.

How to Choose the Best Travel Insurance for Your Needs

A well-thought-through travel insurance can provide peace of mind and comfort to a customer for many uncertainties that might be faced when going on a trip. Nobody can predict what can go wrong and if such thing happens (God forbid!) an insurance company can come to one’s rescue. Whether it is receiving an adequate compensation or just covering the traveler’s medical bills, travel insurance can come in handy. To choose the best travel insurance you need to consider the following points:

• Always make your travel itinerary detailed, so that when you need to pick out an insurance policy, you will know exactly what type of insurance you need, and how much it should cost.
  • What you need to know is that canceling your trip may not get your money back; some policies offer “cancel for any reason” coverage at an additional cost.
  • Be aware that the “smartest” types of travel insurance for you to choose are medical and personal effects coverage.
  • In case you need medical assistance, your insurance company will cover all the costs, but make sure you know that the insurance company will cover medical expenses on all continents/or the ones you visit.

Top 7 Tips on how to Apply for a Travel Insurance

Here are some of the top tips you need to know before applying for travel insurance:

1. Look if the insurance company covers your travel destination before applying.
  2. Check what is your limit for claiming in the events of minor losses such as wallets, keys, documents, laptop, phone etc.
  3. Know a proper way of reporting your missing items in case of a theft – you will need to contact the local authorities and your insurance agent, so that they help you fill out the forms correctly.
  4. In a case of a cancellation of a trip bear in mind that some insurance policies do not cover refund of the cost of the trip.
  5. Be honest with your existing medical conditions – some companies will restrain themselves from refunding a client if they were not aware of a medical condition the client had and did not report. So make sure you are reporting any chronic or long-term illnesses with your insurance company.
  6. Consult your bank for refunds in case of an insurance fraud – sometimes a company can avoid granting a refund for some types of accidents, due to minor clauses and loopholes in the contract. Make sure you read every single detail of your contract carefully, so you do not encounter this type of inconvenience.
  7. Check the insurance company’s customer service for good and bad reviews – visit your insurance company’s web page and look for customer service section or FAQ and get all the information you need. Or you can consult on various forums and check for other clients and their experiences.

If you prepare thoroughly and check out all the things listed, you will be able to find the right insurance company for your needs. So take that extra time and your mind will be worry-free!