According to US Travel Association, domestic and international travelers spent around $683.1 billion on leisure travel and $307.2 billion on business one. The major part of all the travel expenses usually goes on lodging. That’s why most travelers are concerned how to find the comfortable place to stay and not to be disappointed that your money has gone down the drain. Here are 5 steps how to find the best hotel.

More details about Hotels and Resorts

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

Compare Reviews for Hotels and Resorts

Show more Show

Popular Product Categories

Top Products and Services in Hotels and Resorts

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Hotels and Resorts ?

Good Afternoon,My name is Christian Heyward and I am a resident of Charleston county in Charleston, South Carolina. I've been fighting IHG's (intercontinental hotel's group) worker's comp. representatives (Gallagher&Bassett) for 15 years and enough is enough! I was injured while working at a historic hotel while it was under the management of IHG in Charleston, SC. I was awarded full medical coverage and I still am fighting monthly for care, medications, simply for acknowledgement and I know others are fighting the same battle. So, i'm going to advocate for myself and for others. I ask that you utilize your platform and influential position to assist me in bringing this injustice to the knowledge of the American people. I was recently discharged (2/26/19) from a local hospital after having my 2nd back surgery. Against the recommendations of healthcare professionals I was sent home.The physicians rallied for my admittance to in -patient rehabilitation care, to no avail. They then fought for in- home rehabilitation care. I am now home and Gallagher & Bassett's adjuster, Karen Coker, has yet to authorize any rehabilitative care.My FB profile is under Christian Lavon. I have posted and encouraged all to share the video I recorded and uploaded. My goal is to saturate social media with my story until I am able to make a difference for myself and other Americans dealing with this same injustice.Help me, help us All.Christian HeywardHeywardesquire@gmail.com843.412.6832
Over the years my wife and I have attended a number of Timeshare meetings. We never wanted to buy (rent) a timeshare due to me being in the U. S. AIR FORCE (26 yrs.) and would not be able to take full advantage of it. While living in San Antonio we attended a Silverleaf Resort meeting and bought a timeshare. The main reasons we purchased, was because I was retired and could take full advantage of not only the FREE BONUS time and the week we bought. Now their (Silverleaf and Holiday Inn Vacation Club) sending us a letter stating we have to pay for BONUS TIME and increased the weekend fee by $25.00. We pay our monthly maintenance fees. They make more than enough (run the numbers) in maintenance fees, (which I also pay every month) not to charge us for BONUS time. I'll throw my name in the hat if there is a CLASS-ACTION law sui Angry t. This is not right.
Sales pitch salesman made it sound all good and nice. But the fine print is where they ***. Not together with my fiance anymore it's bad enough that I'm stuck paying with it. But won't let me out of it and I can't even afford to use it. Just keeping up with the maintenance fees from them and one of their other companies again in Hidden language. Then come to find out that even if I was to dye my children are responsible for it. Run away run away run away. Do not even approach or listen to their hype and their bull. One of the biggest regrets of my life. I've asked them to let me out they say no. Can't even afford food but I have to pay them.

Our Clients in Hotels and Resorts Category

The Sutton Place Hotels
Integrity Relief
Integrity Relief

How to Find the Best Hotel

1. What are you looking for? First, you need to understand what matters the most: price, location or amenities in the hotel. For example, you’re a worker with a fixed income and you’re planning a long-term trip. It’s likely that your budget is limited and the price is very important to you. If the cost plays the key role, you will have to give up the idea to find a cheap hotel in the neighborhood you prefer. Because it will be difficult to match an affordable price with a right location.
  2. Search the booking sites. The major ones allow you to compare prices and filter by necessary features. You don’t need to spend hours and check information about the hotels on their websites. The only thing you need - to know exactly what requirements they meet.
    • Price. If the price is your only concern just sort by price and see the available rates. It’s also very convenient to see all the available hotel deals and offers. Due to them you will find really cheap hotel rooms. You may also try websites where you can bid on a price. But you won’t see the name of your hotel until you book a room.
    • Location. If you’re looking for a particular one - use a map view. This software helps not only to see the neighborhood, but also to search for a hotel that is close to a certain point of interest e.g. Eiffel Tower. Major hotel booking websites have a built-in map view feature, but you may also use integrated mapping software of search engines.
    • Facilities. Do you need a swimming pool or a restaurant in your hotel? Search and compare all the available amenities.
  3. Search the net. Sometimes it’s impossible to find something special even on major hotel booking websites. Especially if you’re looking for small local inns instead of big chain hotels or, vice versa, crave for luxury.
    • Local flavor. To find a charming hotel that has particular local features, read real travelers’ reviews first on travel sites Experienced travelers may even provide you with all the necessary contact information, addresses. Also you can compare all the advantages and disadvantages of the places and choose the right one for you.
    • Policies. Do you want to bring a dog? Check whether the hotel is pet-friendly on the website. Also search the websites to find the hotel that accepts pets and has some pet-friendly programs. If you’re looking for eco-friendliness, search organizations that will help you to decide on the right place to stay.
    • Accessibility and extra amenities. If you have special needs, it would be useful to search hotel facilities for disabled people. Check if the hotel has an automated door opening, elevator and step free entrance. Or in case you’re travelling with a newborn child, search for hotel rooms with a changing table. If you drive a car, check whether the hotel has parking area. Also, make it clear whether it is free for guests or you have to pay extra fees.
  4. Contact the hotel. Do not hesitate to call or write an email to the hotel directly. You need it to:
    • Ask for a lower rate or a promotion. Sometimes the hotels run special packages for seniors, family or hotel members. Or have last minute hotel deals and packages.
    • Specify the full cost of lodging. Some great deals may include hidden fees that are not listed on the websites or advertisements. Among them are usually: taxes, resort fees, cancellation, in-room safe, minibars, parking, wi-fi, phone and other.
    • Ask extra questions. For example, about their cancellation policy or public transportation availability near the hotel.
  5. Seek media assistance. To find really the best accommodation, exhaust social media channels. Search for customers’ reviews and posts about the hotel.

Also, social media and review websites may help you if you’ve faced some problems during your stay in. Collect all the necessary information, when something isn’t right from the start. Note down all the details, take photos or videos to have a recorded visual proof, save receipts. Because if you want to complaint, for example, about cleanliness or malfunctioning facilities,you need to have a photo of a faulty item or a dirty bedspread. Remember the names of the staff and exact time when something was happening etc. It is necessary when you’re making a discrimination complaint or a customer service complaint. Moreover, all these data will be extremely useful in case you write a complaint letter or litigate.

Where to Find Cheap Alternatives to a Hotel

For those who want to save some money on lodging or to get to know the local people closer, there are some economical alternatives to stay in:

• Hostels. If you don’t mind sharing your room with unknown people, this option is for you. You can save up to 50% of money comparing to staying at a hotel.
  • Short-term property rental. It’s much cheaper to vacation rentals and hotel rooms. You may rent a room, if you’re travelling alone or with a friend or even a house or an apartment. Renting a house or a cottage is the best deal for a travelling family or a group of friends
  • Homestay or a home exchange. The cheapest way to travel is to find someone who can give you a free spare room to sleep in. Or a family who can swap homes with you while travelling.
  • Religious Houses. Some religious organizations like monasteries or guesthouses can offer a low-cost place to stay. If you’re quiet and tidy enough - you may consider such an option.
  • Dorms. Basic and affordable college or university rooms fit for those, who is planning to travel in summer. But be ready that you will have to share the bathroom with the whole floor.
  • Farmstays. If you don’t mind staying at a rural area - this option is for you. There is usually a wide range of different inexpensive accommodation: from B&Bs to cattle farms.