It’s hard to know how to choose the right university, private kindergarten or educational academy. There are seemingly endless choices when it comes to learning options: large and small, local and out of state, private and public. How do you know if you’re making the right choice?

More details about Education
Consumer
reviews
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Worst Education Companies

Compare Reviews for Education

More reviews Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Education ?

I recently attempted to send the letter below, via email, to Pearson PTE, Pembroke Pines, FL, but the Pearson website does not show email addresses for communication purposes. The only email address I could locate was listed under their Malpractice Policy &; no response to my letter was received. I wrote:To Whom it May Concern:>I am writing to convey my extreme disappointment with Pearson I PTEs computer based testing equipment and services. I recently traveled over 350 miles to Pembroke Pines, FL, to complete the PTE Home A1 test. I speak, read and write English fluently. I converse with my wife (who is from Great Britain) in English all day every day. I communicate with her parents in English when they visit us in the United States. I am composing this email. My wife, who is college educated, tells me I sometimes use words in my vocabulary that even she has to look up in the dictionary. My wife graduated with Honors from the University of California at Berkeley. I share this information with you in an effort to convey how stunned myself, my wife and her parents were to learn my score result: Fail.(Test date: September 30, 2020. Test Taker ID: PTE00132****.The content of the PTE Home A1 test was extremely basic and I understood every single word that was spoken, regardless of the different accents; however, the computer and/or test or both, appeared to be malfunctioning. For instance, I was reading the instructions and the test began before I initiated the start of the test. Additionally, the digital countdown on the screen showed I had 25 seconds to respond/answer a question, but at 19 seconds the beep sounded. The beep was not in sync with the digital countdown timer. It seems several of my responses were either not recorded, or only partially recorded, due to the inaccurate digital timer/beep. Furthermore, when I heard the recording of my voice played back my voice was unnaturally slow and distorted, and in all honesty, I sounded like Forrest Gump. I can assure you I do not sound like Forrest Gump when I communicate verbally in English.During and after the test I wanted to tell the man who seated me at the computer that the computer and/or test or both, did not appear to be functioning appropriately, but each time I tried to ask a question I was shushed and told not to speak. I was intimidated and felt uncomfortable speaking up for fear I would be told to leave the testing site. When I was initially seated the man who directed me to a computer told me I could not communicate with him because there was a microphone.After paying $175 for the PTE Home A1 test and traveling many miles to the location, my expectations for the Pearson Testing Site, included professional communications with the staff at this facility and a fully functioning computer/software. On the Pearson PTE website it reads: Unbiased English testing for study abroad and immigration. Fair computer-based testing and scoring means you are assessed objectively and consistently. Market Leading Technology! To my dismay, this was most certainly not my experience.I understand the tests are graded by an algorithm, not humans, and therefore, it seems apparent that if the recording of my voice was inaccurate and incomplete due to lack of synchronicity with the digital timer and the beep, I would of course receive a failing score when scored by an algorithm versus a human being. If my English skills were truly limited and I had struggled with the content of this test I could accept a failing score and work on improving my English speaking and listening skills. However, that is not the case.I respectfully seek a remedy to the unsatisfactory test administration of the PTE Home A1 test in one of three ways: 1) I request a human being review the recording of my test to assess the accuracy of the recorded information and the function (or rather malfunction) of the computer/test; 2) I be issued a full refund in the amount of $175; or 3) I be issued a credit in the amount of $175, so I can register for another PTE Home A1 test in another location, either in Atlanta, Georgia, or New York, New York. I cannot return to Pembroke Pines, FL, because it is too far from my current location.Thank you for reading and reviewing my letter and addressing my concerns. I look forward to receiving a prompt response.Respectfully,Erwin Sanchez
Currently, fighting this company through Consumer Affairs because of their Breach of Duty of Care. Fees are ridiculous, they take advantage of vulnerable people and all they do is try and dig up your fears. If youve gotten over your fears, why did it up again. Total brainwashing scam. If anyone else has gone through Consumer Affairs with this mob, Id love to hear about it.

Our Clients in Education Category

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

Choices in Education: How to Select the Right School

How to Choose the Right School

No matter what level of education you’re thinking about, you should approach the choice carefully. Whether you’re choosing between two options or twenty, it’s important to get it right. Here are some suggestions to get you started on the process.

Don’t rush

It can feel like a race, especially when everyone around you is talking about applications, waiting lists, and choices. But it’s important to take your time and do this correctly. Don’t wait until the last minute and just take the path of least resistance. Research the kindergartens near you, visit private schools along with public ones, read the recent college and universities reviews, and give yourself plenty of time to see what feels right no matter your grade or educational goal.

Don’t follow

This can be very hard advice to follow in the moment, but don’t follow what others are doing. Your neighbor or best friend might send their child to one place, but they should be choosing what is best for them and you should be choosing a college or elementary school or private academy that is right for your child.

Don’t follow the legacy

You love your alma mater and you have been waiting your entire life to suit up your child in your old school uniforms. But your old school might not be a good fit for your child. Everybody learns differently. A school is about learning, not cheering.

Don’t play it too safe

You should definitely apply to a “safety” school where you can be sure of an acceptance, but go ahead and apply to others you might not think you can afford. The worst they can say is no, but your application might be accepted and scholarships might be available. You never know if you don’t try.

Don’t forget to consider financial aid

Schools can be expensive, and if you don’t have funds readily available you might be tempted to skip over certain options due to cost. Don’t. While there are many great public and charter schools with no additional costs, many private schools offer large scholarships and financial aid packages. Go through the application process and see what aid is offered before cutting any schools off your list.

Don’t go by reputation alone

Some schools sound great on paper and rank well in lists, but what are real students saying? What does the school actually feel like when you arrive? Tour the campus and spend some time talking to real students if you can. Read educational institution reviews from official sources and school or college reviews from actual students to see how they compare before forming your own opinion.

Choosing a new school is daunting, which is why it should be approached carefully and with plenty of time for thinking and researching. Education reviews can tell you a lot about the school, but you should do a deeper investigation into all facets of the options you’re considering before adding – or removing – anything from your short list.

5 Things You Should Know Before Choosing an Online High School

For some students and families, an online high school appears to answer all of their needs in terms of earning the credits to graduate at their own pace or at their own location. Of course, online learning can be very different from classroom models and the choices in the types of online high schools are wildly different as well. It’s important to understand these elements of an online high school.

Is the high school accredited?

An accredited high school has been certified or accredited by the region or state. The school has been determined to be acceptable and adequately rigorous for students in the assigned grade levels. Therefore, the credits earned in this online high school should transfer to other programs or back to brick-and-mortar schools.

Does your child qualify?

There are different requirements for specific schools, but most online high schools require students to be at least fourteen years old with a transcript and standardized test scores that show the student has completed eighth grade. Some schools accept home school verification as well.

How are the classes structured?

Online high schools might be entirely self-paced. They might be a set of structured online lectures and assignments. Or they might be a combination of online and in-class assignments. Be sure you have researched and understand the types of courses being offered.

What does it cost?

A public school – either a district or state program – will be free as it is supported with tax payer dollars. Charter schools and private online high schools will have associated costs. Be sure to research these costs and determine affordability before applying.

What are others saying about the program?

It’s imperative to read what others are saying. Check out the latest student reviews and complaints to see the types of experiences that students are having with the program. These education complaints can often tell you more than a formal review of education that might be written up in a publication. Of course, online high school reviews can come from many sources including parents, students, official bodies, and review boards. All should be considered before investing in your child’s education.

Choosing a high school might be as simple as signing up for your local district’s online courses. But for many would-be students, online high schools offer a chance to accelerate instruction or complete high school courses while traveling, at home for health reasons or for any number of complicated circumstances. Fortunately, finding the right fit should be easy as there are new programs emerging every year.