With almost 18,000 car dealerships in the United States, and thousands more dealers selling boats, RVs and motorcycles, there is no shortage of selection when it comes to choosing a car dealer. While there is no difficulty in finding a dealership, it can be a challenge to find the best one for you and your needs.

More details about Dealers
reviews
266
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Dealers Companies

Worst Dealers Companies

Compare Reviews for Dealers

More reviews Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Dealers ?

My name is Tracey White I visited the dealership bk on august the 5th and thought I had purchased a 2020 Nissan Altima I had a trade in along with 3900 dollars down as a down payment they told me they would give me 2000 dollars for the 2015 Nissan Versa which at that time I owes about 68 or 69 thousand left on the car my salesperson was Victor Iberia along with OCBrooks I was able to take the car home that nite because they told me they had an approval I was contacted a couple of days after that to come bk in the reason that was told to me is the bank wouldnt finance the car without Gap on the car so my daughter came bk in I believe it was the 9th on a Saturday to resign the papers are contract over we did that left the dealership and as time went by I got a call from Exeter finance telling me that my payment was so many days late I told them the car was supposed to paid off from Tom peacock because it was traded in so as days went by they called again then I said let me call to the dealership and see whats going on I called and called kept getting no one but voicemails no one ever returned my call so I went up there finally spoke with Bryant Effran he said he was one of the finance managers so he asked me what was going on I explained to him Im getting calls from the other company about my monthly payment and that I have yet received anything from Westlake financial the bank that supposedly financed the vehicle so he told me let him go check and see whats going on he came bk in the office and said basically the finance didnt go through and they were still trying to get it financed and told me to continue to pay the car payment on the car that was supposed to be traded in now it has been 2 months and I have paid another car payment and still no one is reaching out to me the customer to let me no whats going on so finally Bryant Effran said they want the car bk I told him thats fine can I bring it today which was October 5 so I can retrieve my car I left along with my 3900 hundred dollars down payment he told me to wait until Tuesday are Wednesday they need to make sure everything is ok with the car I left I said ok I called Tuesday and asked was my car ready so I can return the Altima he said he wasnt sure now Im getting pissed because it shouldnt be anything to get ready if the car is still there the only thing would have been was a dead battery so on Tuesday morning I spoke with OC Brooks and basically told him the same thing they are constantly running my credit and my daughters credit we are constantly getting all these new alerts about inquiries on our credit and still today no one has contacted me to say anything I sent a texted to Mr Brooks on yesterday about all of this no response now Im thinking its something else going on and no one is saying anything this is the worst experience I have ever had bad business bad customer service and definitely bad communication so at this point I want answers either my car and down payment back and I need someone to reach out to ME asap
During a regular oil change/tire rotation service was told 2/4 tires were down to 1/10 tread wear. They were purchased at this dealer less than 1 year ago and had less than 20,000 miles. No help from the service agent, Chacho (service manager) or some "tire guy" in Miami who works for Ed Morse group who called a week later. I was asked to pay (approx. $200 per tire) prorated for replacing? THESE WERE a $1500 set of Michelins.After my own refusal to pay and a lot of phone calls to dealer, Michelin, back to dealer to get case number and NO REPLY. Was refused any help by Michelin until the original cc charge was disputed. Finally spoke with Michelin's customer service.Found out ED MORSE DELRAY TOYOTA IS NOT AN AUTHORIZED MICHELIN DEALER. Authorization doesn't blanket to all their dealerships.Was sent by Michelin to have the vehicle tires inspected elsewhere and they were deemed FINE. 7/10 tread wear when the dealership reported 1/10. This is not mistake but rather an appalling disparity and sign of Ed Morse dealerships inconsistent and bloated service advice and lack of SINCERE customer care. Then I'm blamed as responsible for treadwear due to my driving, acceleration, Florida heat, etc. ? Ludicrous.It's the 3rd set of tires I've had on the vehicle: 2 sets previously lasted upward of around 40,000 miles each and one set was purchased at this dealer. Same driver, same vehicle, garage kept, highway miles, all regular servicing done at THIS LOCATION.Shameful behavior from this service center and after 25 years I won't be back.
2018 Jayco Alante, purchased new 2/2019. Has 5000 miles on it, 2000 miles were on it when purchased. Has been in the shop 55 days total.Flooring replaced twice, constant generator issues, drivability issues, windshield wipers failed 3 times ,the list goes on and on like 50 plus issues. I still have to bring it back for more repairs. I can't get out of site of Las Vegas when something breaks down. When purchased I told the sales man that I spend a lot of time in temperatures sometimes below freezing. He promptly showed me the switch that powers the tank and line heaters. Works for me! Well, at 28 degrees the lines froze as did the water pump. The owners manual indicates lines and tanks are good to minus 11 degrees.Dealer all but laughed and Jayco excluded any repairs to the lines and pump. This information is on the internet and in my owners manual and remains on the internet and new Jayco motor homes manuals. Currently new tank heater pads have been on order for pushing 2 months. The wind got under my awning and pretty much destroyed it. I'm told by my dealer that it will take at least a month to get a new awning. Really!! I suspect that Jayco and or the dealer are deliberately holding up the parts. For the record I have decided to get advice on how to move forward with Jayco.

Our Clients in Dealers Category

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

Latest Articles on Help Center in Dealers

How to Compare and Select the Best Vehicle Dealer

Clarify Your Needs

One of the best ways to begin the search for the best vehicle dealer is to decide what you’re looking for. If there is a particular brand of a car or a boat you’re looking for, you’ve narrowed the field considerably. If you’re looking for a dealer with a service location, you’ve narrowed it even more.

The factors that are most closely considered are price, location, service and availability.

• Price. Nobody likes to think they paid too much for a new car, boat or camper. Price hunting between dealerships can lead to some great bargains.
  • Location. Sometimes driving a long distance to buy a particular vehicle makes sense from a financial standpoint. Others prefer to work with a local dealer for convenience.
  • Service. Vehicles will need service, and finding a dealer you trust to service your car or RV is a big consideration. Often it is the service department that creates a lasting relationship with a dealer.
  • Availability. Small dealerships offer relationships and personal service, but they may not offer the same availability as the massive dealer up the road. While special ordering a vehicle is an option, it’s not a fast option and opting for a dealer with more stock may give you variety if you have very specific requirements.

Check Reviews

Before you start working with a dealer, do some digging online. Thanks to the internet, social media, and sites like Pissed Consumer it’s almost impossible to hide a bad reputation. Social media posts and review websites are a great source of information.

The Better Business Bureau website can also give you information about how well a dealer has been in business and how well he is ranked in the industry. The higher the ranking, the fewer complaints. Other sites like J.D. Power will compare dealer experiences across different manufacturers through the U.S. Sales Satisfaction Index. The results of the survey rank the dealers based on customer experiences.

Look at Available Inventory

Dealer websites offer a wealth of information about what is in stock and the current asking prices of the vehicles. Remember that there is always room for negotiations in dealer prices, but a difference of thousands online should give you an idea of who is the most willing to negotiate.

Looking through available inventory online should also help you narrow down the vehicles you’re interested in and allow you to choose a dealer who has the exact vehicle you’re looking for.

The State of the Dealership

There is a fine line to walk when it comes to the impressive nature of the dealership. A giant, fancy dealership will have a lot of overhead and maintenance costs which will likely be passed on to you through higher prices. A small, outdated office may be a warning that the dealership doesn’t make enough sales to improve it.

Look for the middle ground – a dealership that looks well cared for and clean. The attention to detail is a sign of professionalism.

Consider Dealer Extras

Dealers may offer special offers to help lure in buyers, and sometimes those specials and extras are worthy of consideration. Dealer perks to consider might include:

• Special promotions. Sometimes a dealer will give away a new television set, sports tickets, or the like to those who make a purchase during a set time frame.
  • Free car washing. Bring your car by for free car washes at the dealer or at least expect your car to be cleaned every time you bring it in for an oil change or other service.
  • Available loaner cars. A free loaner car makes the process of lengthy service much simpler. A similar option is a pick-up and drop-off service to get you where you are trying to go.
  • Free oil changes. While it can be nice to have free basic services like free oil changes and tire rotations, you may wind up waiting a long time for the services to be complete. This particular perk is also a nice way for service departments to find other things to “repair” or sell you for your engine.

Your Gut Instinct

No matter how much research you do or how much you like the chairs in the waiting area, if your gut tells you something is off, the dealership may not be a good match. Often this comes down to how you feel you’re treated by the sales staff. Every dealership has a culture, and the salespeople are the ones who will often show that culture most clearly.

The Best Way to Shop for a Used Car

More than 40 million used cars change hands every year. That’s a lot of buying and selling, and finding the right car and deal can be daunting. Finding the right used car is simply a matter of knowing how to shop for one.

Step 1 – Determine Your Budget

You need to determine how much money you can realistically spend on your new-to-you car. Your car payment shouldn’t be more than 20 percent of your take-home pay. If you’re paying cash, consider saving some of your funds for the maintenance and additional items you may need like new tires.

Step 2 – Make a List of Cars You Like

Make a list of cars based on the features you’re looking for. Make a list of roughly three possibilities that should fall into your price range.

Step 3 – Check Price Ranges

Check the price ranges of different cars. Kelly Blue Book, for example, will give you a price range on a vehicle based on its age, condition and miles. Remember that other factors like demand and availability can drive prices as well, so check prices on car dealer websites, personal listings and average car prices on websites like Edmunds to get an idea of what to pay.

Step 4 – Check Vehicle History Report

It’s worth it to pull the vehicle history report. The report will let you know if the car has been previously totaled, salvaged, flooded or had the odometer tampered with. You only need the vehicle identification number or, in some cases, the license plate number.

Step 5 – Inquire via Phone or Email

Start your buying process over the phone or email. This is the time to see if anything feels “off” about the deal. Go ahead and question the actual availability of the car, the reason behind the sale, the mechanical condition of the car, and anything that wasn’t mentioned in the original ad.

Step 6 – Inspect and Test-Drive the Car

Getting in, adjusting the seat and actually driving the car will be the only way to see how comfortable you are in the vehicle. While in the car:

• Be sure to check spacing for you and your family as well as how easy it is to get in and out of the car.
  • Check for a “check engine” light and for any odd smells or sounds.
  • Turn on the air conditioner, heater and radio.
  • Check all turn signals, blinkers, wipers and other switches and knobs.
  • Inspect the tires and ask about their age. You may need to replace them almost immediately.
  • Check under the hood for parts that are steaming, leaking or extra oily.

Finally, be sure to ask about service records for the vehicle. A collection of service records should tell you how well cared for the car actually is.

Step 7 – Let the Professionals Check It Out

Let the pros check it out for you. You’ll wind up paying about $100 for a pre-purchase inspection, but this is a great way to alert you to problems or things that the dealer may have tried to hide under a good engine steam cleaning. This may be an unnecessary step if you’re buying a certified pre-owned vehicle as they come with inspections and warranties.

Step 8 – Talk Numbers

Armed with your research on the value of the brand and model as well as the condition of the car itself, start negotiations for the car by offering less than you’re willing to pay. This offer should still be reasonable based on what you’ve found in your research. The seller will likely counteroffer with a higher price, but you may get lucky and have him accept your opening bid. Your final goal is a number near the average price paid that accounts for any repairs or damage that needs to be accounted for.

Step 9 – Finalize the Paperwork

If you’re buying a used car from a dealer, you don’t have to do much other than to follow through and to read the paperwork carefully that the seller has put together for you. You may have to stand your ground against add-ons the dealer may try to include in the deal to boost their own profit. A used car purchased from an individual should include the clear title of the vehicle signed over to you. Then you will likely have to register the vehicle according to instructions in your area.

Step 10 – Drive Away!

Once all of the paperwork is signed and the money has changed hands, it’s time to drive away in your new car! Be sure to have insurance for the vehicle before you get behind the wheel, however.

A large purchase like a new-to-you car is exciting, but can be stressful. Working through the steps above with careful consideration should make the process more understandable and predictable. The end result should be a vehicle that is exactly what you want for at the exactly right price.