There are hundreds of different types of credit cards available for consumers. While they all allow you to borrow money, they each have perks that may or may not work in your favor. One way to figure out which card is right for you is to examine the kinds of credit cards available and the benefits they offer.

More details about Cards
reviews
151
issues
Resolved

Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm that evaluates information in their profiles. Some of the algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.

Best Cards Companies

Worst Cards Companies

Compare Reviews for Cards

More reviews Show

Picked by Editorial Team

Consumers Opinions about Cards ?

They paid my rent to someone other than my landlord I've been waiting for my new ATM card for three weeks they won't talk to me unless I have an ATM card registered to my account so now I'm in the process of traveling from Connecticut to California I'm in Indiana at my dads house an I have things to do but i have no money because by now my paycheck is in my account an I have no access to my own account and I need this money ASAP
Yes there wanting to send me a check when i havs bills due NOW I HAVEV4VMONTH OLDNDAUGHTER I NEED A NEW CARD OR TRANSFFEE MYNMKNEY TO A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT
On November 7, 2020, I received an email notifying me (in part), This is a reminder that your TOTAL VISA credit card account has fallen past dueThis particular account has been open as of November 28, of 2019, nearly to the date of a full year, Ive paid 11 consecutive payments, NEVER Late OR Missed, NEVER allowing my account to become PAST DUE. I take GREAT pride in handling my business. In fact, I had this account {5033} put on **Auto Pay**for about 6 mths since April Or May is when I enrolled, its been times, Ive called you all just to verify the payment was actually set up because usually, its been my experience once a payment has been made OR SET UP for auto payment itll say on the online card holders account, a notation of some sort message stating, something to effect of, Thank You for your payment! OR payment has been submitted for payment, your payment has been received, apparently, your site interface is NOT programmed as such thats why at times I called, in the very beginning. I was ALWAYS assured AND reassured NO WORRIES youre set up on autopay. I made note to self and marked on my card Autopay so that I know it was taking care of, one less card I had to deal with, as far as I was concern. I mean, that is the thought process behind it right?!? This is the whole reason these options were designed for.U N T I L, when autopay goes W R O N G. Which seems to be the issue in this case.I canceled auto pay on the 3rd of November 2020. Due every 1st of the month.I received a call from a Wanda, (?). (Operator #C60) this morning, stated that even though the late payment is NOT reported to the Credit Bureaus, ONLY after 30 days, at which time, the account is reported as delinquent. BUT a notice is still sent out showing a failure to pay had occurred.This is TOTALly NO fault of my own, why am I being penalized for doing my part. I am being told they cant see when the account was unenrolled from autopay. So how can you tell me that??? I requested that the IT Department be contacted...It gots to be a trace, Date AND Time stamped somewhere (forensically OR otherwise), she did mention she will submit a request for the late fee waiver on a (Closed Account initiated by Consumer ) and also the IT Help desk. Contact me ASAP, PLEASE. A reply is requested. In writing, preferably in to response to this email. To contact me by via phone please do so @ 702-502-***(Cell Phone).

Cards Reviews Trends & Statistics

• Day
  • Week
  • Month
Level of detail.
No reviews for this period.
Overall consumer trends

Latest Articles on Help Center in Cards

How to Choose the Best Cards

The Most Common Types of Credit Cards

Aside from standard credit cards, there are several types of credit cards including:

• Cash back rewards cards
  • Hotel, travel and gas rewards cards
  • Secured credit cards
  • Business credit cards
  • Student credit cards

Cash Back Rewards Cards

Cash back rewards cards offer cash back on purchases made throughout the month. Most of these cards allow you to earn 1 to 5 percent back on eligible purchases. The best cash back cards offer a flat-rate on every purchase. Cash back rewards cards are an excellent choice for people who can pay off their balance every month because the cash earned won't be eaten away in interest rates.

Hotel, Travel and Gas Rewards Cards

This kind of rewards cards is a good choice for people who use credit cards and travel frequently. Instead of earning cash back, customers earn points for every dollar spent. You can redeem these points for airline tickets, hotel rooms, gas, or car rentals.

Secured Credit Cards

People who have little to no credit or bad credit score are good candidates for secured credit cards. Before they can be activated, these cards require a cash deposit that is usually between $200 - $500. Secured credit cards generally have a low limit but they are ideal for consumers who wish to build up the credit score.

Business Credit Cards

For business owners that spend a significant amount of money on business expenses each month, it might be worth applying for a business credit card. Some business credit cards offer lower interest rates than personal credit cards. Business credit cards also help business owners keep business and personal finances separate.

Student Credit Cards

Student credit cards are aimed at younger people who have little to no credit. These cards usually have limited credit score requirements as well as low minimum balances. If you're looking at applying for a student credit card, do some research because some companies trade low credit limits with high-interest rates.

How to Choose the Best Credit Card for You

You might have to do some homework before choosing a card that is right for you. Finding the right credit card can help you can get the most out of it.

Research Credit Card Reviews before You Commit

Your best tool for finding the best credit card is the research. There is a number of credit card review and consumer advocate websites that can help you narrow down your choices. In addition, you can find plenty of reviews about credit cards and companies on social media networks, forums, and blogs.

Know Your Credit Score

Your credit score determines what kind of credit card you can apply for and what terms are involved. Consumers with poor credit scores will generally pay higher interest rates. If you have a low credit score, it may be worth waiting until you can improve your score before applying for a credit card.

Annual Percentage Rate

Before signing up for any credit card, you should know the annual percentage rate, which is how much the creditor is charging you to borrow money. Creditors use your credit score, income, payment history and economic indicators to set this rate. It is important to understand how these fees work so that not to be surprised when your monthly bill arrives.

Will You Benefit From Any Rewards Offered?

Credit card companies use rewards to lure customers to apply for their cards, but in some cases, purchases must be related to the type of rewards being offered. Read the fine print to know if there are any stipulations regarding any type of rewards being offered. You may find that your spending won't generate much in terms of rewards.

Are You Willing to Pay an Annual Fee?

Credit card companies that charge an annual fee usually have features that make the fee worthwhile. Sometimes these features come in form of rewards, such as cash-back incentives, which could turn out to be greater than the cost of the yearly fee. Other cards with fees might offer membership benefits that could include discounts on purchases, hotel upgrades, or other perks.

If you find that you cannot earn a card's annual fee back in the certain type of reward, it may be best to go with a card charging lower fee or no fee at all.

Consider How You Spend Money

You shouldn't be tempted by sign-up offers from credit card companies if you won’t benefit from any of the card's perks. Likewise, don't let a good rewards plan to lure you into signing a contract. For example, if you don't travel very often, a travel rewards card would not benefit you no matter how good the rewards plan might be.

Consider How Many Credit Cards You Already Own

If you’re able to manage the credit card(s) you already own, you might benefit from another credit card by utilizing any rewards and perks it offers. Another advantage of owning more than one credit card could be to boost your credit score. Some people also find that having more than one card offers a sense of security should one card become lost or stolen.

Know Your Limits

If you’re not able to pay your current credit card balance, or if you struggle to pay bills every month, another credit card could lead to more debt in your future. Using credit cards can be tempting but remember you will have to pay back the money you borrowed sooner or later -- plus interest.

If you’ve decided that you want to apply for a credit card, one way to know if a card is the best for you is to read the contract, especially the fine print. Read credit card reviews and do your homework. Just like any other business, credit card companies are there to make money. Always be certain that you understand and can comply with the company’s terms of the agreement before choosing a credit card.