Unhappy Customer

On July 21, 2017 I hired Casey Movers. I had called the day before to confirm and had asked to start at 7:30 am. Deirdra the manager said no problem. The driver showed up at 8:25 am. I had been calling the office since 7:50 am speaking to a sales person asking where driver was. He said he no idea, everyone was gone and assumed they were on there way. The company is maybe 5 miles from my house. I asked the driver what happened, when arrived, why was he late. His exact words " I know I am late, can we get passed this", I said excuse me? He said I know am late, lets just get passed this is move on. Shocked, I said ok but what time are you logging in your start time because I start paying you when you left your office and you left the office prior to 7:50 and did not reach my house until 8:25. He said we'll put down 10 minutes ago. I said 8:15, he said yes. We started going thru everything that needed to be moved. He says to me I'm going to move the truck into your driveway because it will be easier. I said really, the truck was parked in front of my front door, all by boxes were next to the front door, my stairway from the upstairs is a direct line out the front door to the truck. The driveway is on the other side of the house, it would have made it a much more difficult move to put the truck there. And I told him that. He says mam I am a professional mover and I know what I am doing. I said really because it doesn't seem like this is a good idea. He says mam are we going to get over this? And that's when I lost it and I said no, first you're almost an hour late with no apology and now you're telling me you want to move the truck to the other side of my house which makes no sense. That's when he accused me of cussing at him and said he was not going to move me and walked out the door. I was shocked. He just left me standing there. The company never called me. I called my sales person a couple of hours later and asked for my 250.00 deposit, asked if he heard what had happened and he told me that yes and there were two sided to every story, I said ok, can I speak to the owner, he told me that this was a cooperation and there was no owner, I said really, who's the owner. Again he said there is no owner, Deidra is the manager and will be at noon to call you and please do not call this office again. Of course, Deidra never called me. And I am still waiting for the 250.00 deposit. But what kind of company a treats a customer like that. I hope the owners of Casey Movers reads this and sees how their store in Rockland is representing them.
ID
Rockland, Massachusetts
Service
Casey Movers Vehicle Driver
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article