Poor In-Store Service and Attitude-

Carol's Lighting in the Woodlands has a lovely and extensive selection of chandeliers, sconces, fans and outdoor lighting. They are conveniently located on the East side of I-45, directly across from the Woodlands Township... an amazing location and perfect for my own shopping needs, were I ever to cross their threshold again. I will not, for the following reasons. I furnished an entire new home last year with mid to high end lighting bought from various sources including Carol's. Each time I entered the store, I felt I was at Baskin Robbins and needed to take a number, even if no other customer was at the desk. The crew of women my age, exude a superiority complex, and are not in a rush to wait on you, as they are commonly on the phone (presumably on business calls) or shuffling through paperwork. They size you up visually... the up and down glance to see if you are worth their time and effort. I would have taken it personally perhaps, but I saw this happen to other customers, including men who needed help. Since I was in the process of building a house and doing some of the work myself, I rarely wore my Chanel suits to shop, but was basically treated as a non-entity at Carol's. I did push through the crapola and purchase some lovely sconces for my dining room which I picked up after a few days of waiting for their delivery from the warehouse. No biggie. At other stores, when presented with large or heavy boxes, I am asked if I need assistance to my vehicle. NO such query at Carol's at pickup. I wondered what would happen if I bought one of their large fans or chandeliers. Anyway, I was still willing to shop there because of the convenience. Our Swarovski chandelier was hung late in the building process because of dust in the air from floor sanding, etc. And I saw that we were missing a canopy piece for it that must have been left in our other house when we moved. So I needed a canopy piece and chain for my chandelier which harmonized with what we had... I said to myself, "Surely Carol's can help me." So down the road I go and experience the same appraisal and lack of enthusiasm to offer help. Finally, one woman did arouse herself to come to my aid and I guess she really did come up with the best answer to my problem based on her assessment of my appearance. She dug through the spare parts box in the back of the store and came out with a mismatched chain and canopy that she told me I would need to spray paint. SPRAYPAINTED canopy for a Swarovski chandelier? Um, no. I had already purchased a distressed ceiling medallion from Horchow/Neiman Marcus, and I needed a specific diameter canopy anyway... I told the saleslady this, and she told me I was NEVER going to find a canopy that small. I halfway believed her but something inside me told me that she was mistaken, so I was still going to buy the spare pieces ONLY because she had bothered herself to help me... BUT she made the mistake of snapping at me when I didn't walk to the right area to pay for the junk I didn't need anyway. I just said, "Hey, you know what. I am going to look for it elsewhere", and left. Basically, I DID have to go through a lot to find a solution to my problem, but I did not have to "spraypaint" a **** thing. Kudos to Ferguson's who treated me as a valued customer from the moment I walked in their door. They did not have my canopy either but made helpful suggestions at least. The canopy kits at the box stores were too cheap looking next to the existing chandelier, so I went antiquing and found what was needed. I am including a picture of the finished piece. Carol's has lost any of my future business. I will be using Ferguson's or Lighting Inc in our area from now on.
#922077

I am trying to load the image. Sorry if it does not appear.

ID
Huntsville, Texas
Pros
  • Selection
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article