Worse possible company

This is the worse possible company. Unresponisive to the customer's needs, and only prompt when it comes to the customers duties. Even though customers pay right on time with auto-pay, you will receive solicitations that makes customers feel bad. The bad feeling starts when you sign the lease and they behave very greedily. Yet when it comes to have them to do their part, they disappear, they do not answer emails. And if you say something they treat you rudely. Check out other websites that review companies, there are NO good reviews. They only good ones are from their own website. Go figure who wrote them.
Service
Carolina One Real Estate Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Ripped off by $150.00

Carolina One charged me $150.00 to list my property for rent. In more than 5 weeks, my property was only shown one time and even then, it was not by my leasing agent. In other words, Carolina One took my money and then did absolutely nothing to rent my property during a very busy and prime rental season. There are other companies who do not charge a fee until they have done there job and rented your property. To avoid getting ripped off, please seek out such a company to represent you. I believe when you pay up front, the company has no motivation what so ever to work on your behalf.
#1207050

Carolina One Real Estate is a horrible real estate company! Their company over charges it's agents for add on fees and is a train station for temporary agents who come in sell a few homes and get out of the business.

They mislead agents with stats that are nonsense!

Sales meetings are unproductive and a waste of time! Avoid this company!

Would not rent from this company ever. They are very quick at taking your money and making you the tenant jump through hoops, but do nothing for you in return.

If anything breaks in the rental, good luck with seeing it repaired in a timely manner.

You can be waiting for months on end. Carolina One is one of the worst company's I have ever dealt with.

That's Carolina One for ya! How about I wanted to rent a house briefly before I purchased in a particular area and after paying an application fee & sending in ALL of my credentials they tell me they checked my credit & my score was 225.

WTH?? First, they NEVER checked my credit. I have alerts on my report that notifies me when my credit is checked for ANY reason. Secondly they never call my previous landlord.

If they had, they would have discovered that I'd never been late on rent and was paying more than what the place they had listed rented for. Lastly, I had more than 45K in the bank & they knew it because I sent my bank statement to them and they didn't bother to verify anything. They called my phone (in a way to make it go directly to voice mail) and left a msg saying my credit score was too low. When I called back they would not take my call nor return my call.

I feel bad for folks who have their property listed with them to rent out because they pull some shady stuff over at Carolina One. BTW my credit score was 720 and had they played their cards right I may would have purchased my house through them instead but I'm glad I didn't because my Realtor at Century21 treated me just fine.

I called him to rent a place & ended up buying instead all within 2wks of Carolina One telling me my credit score was too low.

@PissedConsumer647919

No surprise. I was going to list my house for sale with Carolina One with an agent who was fantastic.

Too bad the corrupt company ruins the reputation of some of its great people. In my case, the listing agent was worthless. I couldn't use the agent I wanted because she only dealt with sales, not rentals. I have since gone with Miler Realty in Summerville, SC.

My house was rented and occupied within two weeks and Miler collected no fees from me until AFTER they rented my house. Lesson...NEVER pay any kind of fee until AFTER Carolina One does their part.

They are all about the money and NOT about the work. Choose another agency.

View more comments (3)
Summerville, South Carolina
Loss

Don't trust this man NAT WALLEN

I had a agreedment from owner about a piece property for agreed price. Nat was supposed to call me and setup time for me to come and sign contract. Instead of calling me nat called one of his people and sold it to someone else instead of giving me first rights to it. Which me and owner had agreed on. I was told bye owner that nat will be calling me just give him a couple days to make the contract up. I waited a week and no word. I called him, and nat said sold it someone else and hung up. SO BEWARE OF THIS MAN NAT WALLEN

I'm not surprised...that's just how they operate. It's sad to say but it's best to stick with a national real estate brand.

Those locals guys just do whatever they want.

If I were you I would go to the real estate license board. There must be some sort of recourse for this type thing happening to you.

Charleston, South Carolina

About

Top Carolina One Real Estate Services

Customer Care

Summary

Carolina One Real Estate is a privately held company which specializes in real estate solutions. It was founded in 1964. The headquarters is based in Charleston, South Carolina, United States. There are more than 15 offices throughout Charleston and all surrounding areas. Carolina One Real Estate offers rent price analysis, property condition review, lease signing, move-in/move-out reports, and many other property management services. It also provides mortgage and insurance solutions. The company works with both individual and commercial properties. The company has a 90 day training course to increase income per house, increase customer satisfaction, and improve quality of life. Customer assistance is provided by email and by phone.

Carolina One Real Estate reviews and complaints

Carolina One Real Estate is ranked 493 out of 1855 in Real Estate category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article