Recent Reviews Review

Has anyone visited this resort lately? I was thinking about going there in September, but I don't see any recent reviews.
ID
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

Carolina Landing (Preserve) RV: Lake Hartwell

This place is not worth staying at. It is run down and not maintained well at all. We had an extended stay at this location and had complained to Equity Lifestyle/1000 Trails and the camp manager Josh Pritchett about the state of the facilities there. From what I have been told nothing has been fixed or cleaned. Shame on you Equity Lifestyles For a place that has 311 campsites, they have only one bathroom available to take showers in (2 stalls). The other facilities are closed in the winter. The issue would not be the limited facilities but the fact that they are caked with mold in the shower stalls, have ripped curtains, rusty racks and floors that obviously have never been mopped. That could be overlooked but the fact that there is no heat in the mens room (average temp is 55 degrees) and there is never enough hot water to finish a shower, it is unbearable. Not to mention the stench that has embedded itself in the walls. I suggest that if you are traveling through, not to bother stopping there. We thankfully have moved on but talking to friend who are still there (annual pass) I figured people had to know that 1000 trails does not maintain this property and it is dirty, dangerous and run down. You would be safer getting naked and rolling around on a floor at a rest stop on the highway. There are photo's of Carolina Landing Preserve on facebook and our friends have taken photos that I will post a page where you can see for yourself that the place is really a dump. You cannot argue comparison photos and I'll let you, dear reader see for yourself. I feel bad for our friends who are forced too stay due to their annual site but I know that they will be leaving once their time is up. I suggest that if you are looking to stay in this area, go to the KOA in Anderson. It is so much cleaner, well maintained and the staff are very friendly and we love the campground. They also won an award for being the best KOA in 2011. Carolina Landing 120 Carolina Landing Drive Fair Play, SC 29643-**** Phone: (864) 972-**** Manager: Joshua Pritchett

We stayed at Carolina Landing in September 2013. Everything said about this place is true.

It is AWFUL. In addition to the flaws pointed out, there is a huge, empty, cracked, abandoned pool behind the building with the exercise room. We were told there is no plan to either resurrect it or fill it in! We were also told that several workers have been laid off and those remaining have had their hours cut.

I emailed this company, but, of course, no response from them. We will never go back to this campground again!

This is total baloney....and we ought to know we have an annual here and couldn't be happier. We have been to a number of RV parks and this ranks up there as one of the best.

We love the fact that it isn't a KOA. We are not bothered by loud obnoxious people. We are allowed to have a nice quiet site and be left alone. We have been in the club house, the exercise room, the laundry room and the bathrooms.

Compared to many we have seen they are an A rating in our book. We suggest that whoever posted this...their complaint is more personal than towards the actual campground. The staff here is friendly and eager to please. We feel more like part of the family than campers.

As far as Josh...he has bent over backwards to make and keep us happy. We will be staying here like many others for years to come.

We were a TT member but would not renew. this place was run down and I agree about the ants.

The ladies up front are less than pleasant and the bathrooms were litterally falling apart. I suggest not coming here since it took forever to get level and we had no room at our site once the slides were open.

telltale signs are the road damage from others bottoming out due to the steep grades and sites cut into very steep hills. One pool was closed and the other should have been.

@PissedConsumer565906

This post was in November and both pools would have been closed due to the weather

@PissedConsumer565906

This too is a bogus comment...In South Carolina we are not known for keeping our pools open during November....it would be pointless. We were here in September the pool was beautiful, clean and very open.

Yes, one pool is closed. The other is not and it has a lovely cover for those who need to worry about the sun and is kept in great condition.

We have stayed at this location before and used to be a member of Thousand Trails in the past. We stayed at quite a few of their zone pass locations and this was by far the worse one they had that we visited.

My husband is highly allergic to fire ants and after I got bit walking to the dumpster, he would not come out of the RV. I actually tried to count the ant hills there and I lost count!

As avid campers, when you meet other campers you talk about places you have been been and this one is our "horror story". Nobody congregated together at this campground and I think it is because of the fire ants.

We cut our stay very short and even though we live in Piedmont, we will try other local places to stay. In response to Sara, dear I hope you do give us an update on this location.

@PissedConsumer471882

I'm sorry you had an issue with the fire ants here. However, we have been here for months and only had one incident with them.

On the other hand, the last campground we stayed at they infested our vehicles our camper and there was absolutely no getting rid of them. The nature of the beast of camping is that there will be some insects...you are living closer to nature. I suggest if it is that dangerous for your husband that you carry along some product for riding your area of them. As far as the lack of congregating, I agree but it is not because of the fire ants.

It is because a lot of people want their privacy and simply want to enjoy nature without having to worry about getting together with their neighbors. We are certainly there for ours if they need us, but unless they do...we want to be left alone.

I checked ur site online and am interested in spending mothers day here...It looks beautiful but this review left is horrible!! I would like to accept your offer on the free 2 night stay to check it out.

I will then be more then happy to leave my own review on my experience...I will be willing to come this weekend.

If it turns out to be as beautiful as it seems online I would be interested in a annual pass. I will be completely honest on my review though...Currently I am a KOA member if your resort is better..well you will have a regular with me and my family.

@PissedConsumer455501

Don't do it. Not even for free.

@PissedConsumer455501

Sara, I noticed this was in 2012. I hope you did not listen to the baloney posted here and instead took Josh up on his offer. If you did, you now know for yourself what a bunch of bunk this is.

View more comments (11)
ID
Overland Park, Kansas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article