map-marker Naperville, Illinois

Horrible

If the car isn't ready don't show it. Owen (young salesman) showed me a car that needed to be cleaned up, felt good telling me it needed a oil change (frfr) Run! I told him not to run my credit until I came back, he said ok & will text me. No Tex & He Did It Anyway!! Who does that. I bought a beautiful car, BUT NOT FROM HERE...there are a few people who say they were happy with Carmel Motors...but the majority not so happy!

User's recommendation: Run!

John B Kcz

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Palm Springs, California

Dishonest slime

I sent a deposit on a car sight unseen, no paperwork, no contract, with the understanding if I didn't like the car it would be refunded. Surprise! Car was trashed and no refund forthcoming. Tanner the manager is a professional at telling you what you want to hear. All lies of course. Stay away!

User's recommendation: Keep away!

Debra H Uce
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Traded my in great condition 2018 Nissan Rogue for BMW i3 2014

It was an even trade as is. Nothing that was wrong was disclosed.

I took it to be looked at and it needed $4000 of work to be drivable in May 2022. My son drove it until 3 weeks ago because the air conditioner needs replaced because it didnt work ($3000 more dollars so it hasnt been fixed yet). Last week it went from 63 to 33 in the middle of a curve on 465. Now it needs a new battery $450 and new connections to charge the battery which will cost another $4111.

The manager said after the $4000 in May that I bought it as is so it wasnt his problem.

They then listed my Rogue for $5,500 more than they valued it and more than I paid for it. I suggest you go to a dealership instead of Carmel Motors if you dont want to pay a lot of money in the first 6 months.

Loss:
Cons:
  • You will pay a lot to fix after buying

Preferred solution: I won’t get anything but an apology and not having them do this for to others

User's recommendation: Avoid or get the car inspected before buying

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article