Save yourself headaches, avoid Carlos Martinez Photography

Wanted to share my experience with Carlos Martinez of NJ studios. We hired him for our wedding held in August 2009. He insisted that some payment be made on signing of the contract, and the rest after the event. We were fine with contract money, but were reluctant to pay the entire amount of US$4000, before we got the final product, the wedding album. Carlos insisted that he only did selected few events in a year, and that our special day would get booked. Being inexperienced, we fell for it, and paid all the money after the shoot. Now, it has been more than two years, and still no album. Initially, he ignored our phone calls, and emails. Then, I had to leave stern messages on his voicemail demanding either our album, or money back. To which he reply has been, I will file for personal bankruptcy, and put our name as one of the creditors to protect from. When we started approaching other photographers to do our album, he threatened us that if we continue to talk to other photographers about him, we will never get our album. As of writing this review, still waiting for our album!!! So guys/gals, lesson learned, never make payment all payment until you have the final product. Hope that helps!

Wow, I had the same problem. I was married August 2010 and it took over a year to get our wedding album.

We also paid for 2 HD DVD's of our wedding and reception, and he lost the second DVD so we have no video of the cake cutting, garter or bouquet toss! I also leave numerous messages and emails and texts, and still do not have my video!

We got married early 2011, and to date the only thing we received was the raw pictures on CD's. We paid him 100% up front.

We continue to call him, but he does not answer his phone or respond to messages. We will be hiring an attorney.

View more comments (1)
ID
Piscataway Township, New Jersey
Loss

Fraud practices by Carlos Martinez Photography - Elizabeth, NJ

My wife and I are posting this complaint, so that others who are getting married are aware of the fraud conducted by Carlos Martinez photography, located in Elizabeth, NJ. To make a long story short we got married in May of 2010. We hired Carlos for his "premium" service package that included several items such as, a wedding albums, wall photos, and other wedding memorabilia. As any pre-newlywed occupied couple would do to alleviate things of getting married, we paid Carlos 80% of the funds due up front before the wedding event. Not only did Carlos fail to meet his expectations, but he came late to our wedding, lost half our pictures, lied to us several times about having the product ready, and to date have not seen any work from him. He does not follow directions well and makes changes without consulting with his customers on what was already agreed upon. What infuriated us more was that every time we had an appointment, he make up an excuse and we'd drive to the business all for nothing. We also noticed that when we would call from our phone number, that Carlos would not answer his telephone, but when we'd call from an other phone he would answer. My wife and I were pretty understanding people when it came to Carlos's personal hardships, and allowed him an extension. He let his personal life affect his business on several occasions. However, what we did not know was that there were several other complaints against him. Once we found out we were being misled and lied to the entire time, we lost our patience with Carlos. To date we do not have all the things we ordered and the photo's we do have are very poor quality, as if they were done a a local pharmacy. I am writing this to inform all consumers to be aware of the fraud conducted by Carlos Martinez. Any one who considers themselves a professional on this level should be ashamed.

Consumers beware! Carlos Martinez is a fraud!

Gave this guy a large deposit after he insisted the event would get booked. His demeanor seemed a bit suspect.

After researching, I stumbled across this site and numerous others.

Thanks for the info. I'll be requesting my funds back.

I got married almost two years ago, we paid him in full and he kept promising to e-mail us the draft of our album. I agree that he has allowed his divorce to interfere with his job.

He is a great photographer, but not dependable or trustworthy.

P.S. I'm still waiting for my album

Similar thing happened to me. Go to the BBB and file a complaint ASAP! You should get your money back for that kind of ordeal.

View more comments (4)
ID
Piscataway Township, New Jersey
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article