Ripped Off

I went to purchase a 2017 Mazda 3 in January 2017 from Carling Mazda. Towards the end of negotiating a price for the car and for the trade of my 2012 Nissan Sentra, I was about to give up on the purchase because of the ridiculously low price they offered for my Sentra when the salesman stated he got an idea and left his desk. He returned to tell me and my wife about a contest they were having that weekend where you pick from a number of envelopes that had coupons in them with a cash value up to $1000 they had taped to a window. I asked him directly if I could use the $1000 toward the purchase of the car. He replied no. I asked him directly if I could use it toward servicing. He replied yes. I agreed if I won $1000 I would proceed with the purchase, which I actually won and purchased the car. I brought my car in to Carling Mazda for my first servicing on the Friday before the May long weekend only to learn I could not use the $1000 coupons for servicing, in fact they had thrown out the $1000 in coupons I had won. The sales man then informed me the $1000 in coupons could have only been used at the time of purchase to purchase one of the items the finance manager tried to sell us during the financing process, including an extended warranty, undercoating or an oil-service package that only could be used at Carling Mazda, which we might not having fully benefited from because of the restrictions associated with it. They did cover the cost of the oil change that day. Suffice it to say, this was the first time any staff or management had told us we could have only used the $1000 to purchase one of those items during the financing process. Not one person at Carling Mazda at any time during the purchasing or financing process informed us of this. We were misled. Whether it was intentional or not is up for debate. My salesman then informed me he would speak to his manager the following week after the long weekend and call me back. About three weeks later I had not received any contact from him, so I sent him an email inquiring about the results of his conversation from his manager. I then received an email from the sales manager informing me I could not use the $1000 for servicing. He reiterated under what conditions the coupons where to be used. Based on his email, it seemed he did not understand what had occurred, so I sent him an email explaining the situation and demanding fair resolution. Four weeks later and he has not responded. I will never purchase another Mazda from Carling Mazda and would strongly caution anyone who is considering purchasing a car here.
ID
Ottawa, Ontario
Product
Carling Mazda Coupon
Cons
  • Being provided misleading information and no resolution
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article