False MPH, should get 22 - 25 only gets 17 at best

I purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, there is a floating oil pressure gauge, this has been looked at, not fixed. My biggest complaint is the truck is a 6 cylinder and it gets 17 MPG. The sticker and the sales team insist it will get 22 - 25 MPG. I driver straight interstate speed limit on cruise control. This should be getting the best it is capable of. I have not had this truck for 30 days and Carl Black Chevrolet in Nashville will not even work with me with trading it back to them. They are not a honorable dealership. I am not trying to get anything for free just what is right. Can you help. I cannot afford that kind of MPH, I live 40 miles one way from my job.
ID
Nashville, Tennessee
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Trade

BUYER BEWARE - Carl Black Chevrolet GMC Buick

BUYER BEWARE : They ARE liars and WILL deceive you if given the opportunity. I went in there looking at the new 2011 Chevy Silverado because of the rebate / 0% financing. After 3 visits we finally agreed on numbers that I can deal with. I asked the salesman to write down 3 things for me. My APR, my amount financed and my term so I could figure out the payment before going into THE BOX. The salesman laughed and said "What, are you trying to close me?" and walked away. So, after numbers ALREADY agreed upon, I had to wait about 2.5 hours for the deal to get pushed through "the box" ( Finance office ) When I sat down to sign the papers, MY PRICE WAS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT WE AGREED ON! She fixed it and then showed me the numbers. IT WAS STILL TOO HIGH AFTER I SAID SOMETHINHG!!! Then, the finance lady told me I was "pending" through Bank of America at 3.79% and if anything changes she'll call. I go to Bank of America to make my first payment...they can't find my account. They told me to call telephone banking. I call them and after 23 min of waiting, I hung up!! Come to find out, I have Ally Bank statements on my kitchen table CONGRATULATING me on my new truck. WTF!!!!! I was approved through a DIFFERENT BANK and probely a different rate. That's how the dealers HOLD POINTS on you. BUYER BEWARE!! I will NEVER recommend ANYONE to do business with Carl Black in Orlando !!!! SHADY BUSINESS!!!

I have dealt with Carl Black since they open back in 2007. The first interaction I got with them was very smooth when I purchase a brand-new GMC Yukon XL Denali.

After that, things started to go down-hill. The last time I was there was back in June 2013 for brake installation on my other SUV (A Cadillac Escalade) and they purposely mess up everything and try to charge me twice for a job that was half done. When I went back, the tech named Tony (the one that speaks in falsetto like his *** are pinched) try to pull some B.S. on me and I took the complaint to the manager Rene which did little.

Fast forward to last week.

My brakes are still whining every time I hit the brake and some sort of weird noise comes too from the rear left wheel and my new mechanics tells me the wheel hub has been broken by dropping it because it's no longer aligned. I strongly recommend anyone who's looking to purchase a vehicle or service an old one to seek other GM dealerships in the area, Carl Black is a dishonest dealership who's only goal is too get as much money from you as possible without giving you what you agreed to buy/paid for.

I went into the DEALERSHIP and the GM was very concerned with the way his employees treated (me) the customer. He seemed like a VERY GENUINE guy and I truly believe this would not happen again!!

Banks will be banks, it was the finance manager who LIED about holding points on me. It's one thing if you DONT ASK, and they DONT TELL...its another if YOU ASK and THEY GIVE YOU AN ANSWER THEY KNOW NOT TO BE TRUE!

Both B of A and Ally bank have lots of complaints here. Look out.

View more comments (3)
ID
Orlando, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article