Jim F Ykq

Verified Reviewer

Want to let everyone know how bad Carelon RX really is.

Last order took ten days to arrive. We are less than 30 miles from where they shipped it. Next time I ordered I got some screaming child and old McDonalds kids song in Background when transferred to associate. Finally got thru to order and got an email wanting my payment. Called them and had to give all my information to EACH PERSON I talked to. Finally got someone and told them I have a credit card on file with them. He said there equipment was not working to use credit card on file. He then hung up on me. CARELON IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH.
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

Preferred solution: JUST WANT TO INFORM OTHERS HOW BAD THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS.

User's recommendation: AVOID DEALING WITH CARELON

Jamonica Qdu
map-marker Tampa, Florida

I'm tired of dealing with this company!

My medicine is supposed to be on automatic refills, it's not, I had to call too many times because I don't ever get my meds, I have had my medicine sent to the wrong address, they even sent the wrong mg , I call and have long conversations with a rep and it seemed like everything was straightened out, NOPE, I'M TIRED OF DEALING WITH THEM!! I can go on and on!
Yannie S

Delayed meds

I did not want to transfer my meds to Carelon Rx but apparently, it was cheaper and more convenient-at least according to the mail they sent me. So I transferred my meds to them.

It worked in the beginning. I'd get my prescription every 90 days after I signed up for auto refill. Then I don't know what happened this year. I did not get any notification so I checked my app.

I noticed my auto refill is gone but I still have 1 refill left. I went ahead and requested my refill. To my surprise, 3 days later, it hasn't been filled. So I chatted customer service and they told me my meds were no longer covered because they're not in the formulary anymore and I will need a new prior auth even if I still had 1 refill left from the old auth.

Well, that was new. No one informed me. No texts, email or mail. Otherwise, I would've gotten this taken care of a month ago.

I talked to my clinic and they submitted new prior auth. I didn't see any progress on the app and I chatted customer service again and they said the team hasn't seen the prior auth but now that they have, they'll mark it as urgent. Fast forward to today, they still haven't filled my meds and I was told to keep calling customer service. I've gone without meds for 1 month.

I have no choice but to keep calling customer service. I will find a way to ask for compensation about my inconvenience and let's see what they say.

They suck! Avoid Carelon Rx at all costs!

Pros:
  • Mail delivery
Cons:
  • Extremely delayed meds

Preferred solution: My meds delivered asap and compensation for my inconvenience.

User's recommendation: Avoid Carelon Rx at all costs!

Melissa K Ust

Verified Reviewer

Extremely poor customer service

My complaint is about Carelon RX who happens to be the Pharmacy Management Company for Anthem of Ohio. I have been trying & trying to get a prior authorization on a medication processed.

My doctors office has faxed the information requested along with a letter from the doctor regarding the need for this particular medication. Lo & behold, no one can locate the faxes, find the request for the prior authorization OR the Appeal & Grievance filed due to this incompetent service. I have spent over 3 hours on the phone ( twice now!) been transferred 8 times of more and still no one can even acknowledge that I have called at all. This is the WORST Pharmacy Management company I have EVER had the great displeasure of having to do business with.

Would I trust them to fill a prescription? NOT ON YOUR LIFE would I!! They deserve that F rating at the BBB. They are based out of New Jersey, and by the attitudes you get, you can tell its pure east coast rudeness and lack of help.

Go the extra mile?

Not Carelon, they cant even do the mile to start with. Avoid these people if you can, Im stuck with them thanks to Anthem and Miami University!

Cons:
  • Rude representatives when they are asked too many questions
  • Lost faxes and phone calls not documented
  • Poor customer service response lost medical records

Preferred solution: I would like them to process the prior authorization request so that my Appeal can go forward. Their incompetent handling of this situation should be an embarrassment to Anthem and every other insurer using Carelon RX.

User's recommendation: Get as far away from Carelon RX as you can, they are a terrible inefficient pharmacy , do not trust them to do ANYTHING they say they will

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article