Cartown Kia--Nicholasville Ky--Buyer beware!

CUSTOMER BEWARE ALERT! DISCLAIMER: I don't like to do this, but will, when necessary. I bought my car from Nicholasville, Kia in 2012. It has been a great car with only a few hiccups. Apparently the 2009 Kias have really performed well because I've had at least 4 dealership offers (from the Nicholasville store) offering to buy it back, one stating that there is a high demand for this year of car. The person who sold the car to me also sold me a scratch/dent and tire warranty. He told me it was the only way the dealership could make a profit since they were getting me such a good deal. It really WAS a good deal and so I went along with it. The first time I used the warranty, I got a little push-back from the person who ran the tire department, but they honored the warranty and replaced my tire. Yesterday, the people changing my oil (different company, but that's another story) noted that my front two tires were shot and needed replacing as soon as possible. I thought, "Great, I have a warranty." I had been told by the salesperson that this was 'for the life of the car." I got to Kia in Nicholasville today, and met a guy who was not really wanting to move much from his chair. He asked me 'what I thought was wrong with the tires." I said that I didn't know, but that I was told that they were in dangerous condition and needed to be replaced. He told me he didn't think that my warranty covered that. I explained that it had in the past, and described the person I had worked with in the past. He kept asking me the man's name, and other questions about him as if I should know him personally rather than an individual that I had done business with one time, two years ago. Without ONCE looking at my tires or asking someone else to do so, he called the number on my warranty paperwork, talking to someone, and then asked again what I thought was wrong, whether it was a nail or wear and tear. I said, again wondering why he was asking me, rather than one of his trained staff, that I wasn't sure, maybe wear and tear. He said to the person on the phone, "That's what I thought" He then ended the call and told me that my warranty did not cover wear and tear. I started to go after telling the salesperson who sold me the car (who just happened to be there) that they were not going to honor my warranty. The man behind the counter said, "Wait, I've got a good deal for you." He then started talking fast and offered me two outrageous prices for two new tires then for all four because they had a 'buy three get one for 1.00 sale." He then confidently asked, 'So, want me to put them on for you?" Now folks, I'm not a dumb girl. I have three college degrees, including a master's degree and post graduate work. I've been a professional most of my working life. That day I was there in sweats and my UK coverall, so maybe he thought I was somene he could take advantage of. I nicely told him that I was leaving and would accept a written estimate if he'd like, however I wanted to do research, and I would get back to him. I went back to the folks who found the problem, and they not only bettered the quote for the two NEEDED tires by 50 dollars, but they also found where one of my back tires lug nuts had been damaged during the last tire change by KIA. For that reason, to fix that, I'll have to go to a tire specialist. If that were not enough, the 'estimate' was for the wrong tire rim, it was for a more expensive tire rim. Obviously KIA in Nicholasville is out to get as much money as they can while doing a very poor job and damaging vehicles. You know, regarding the damage to my car, all I have is the mechanics word who actually got my business, but he had no reason to lie to me. KIA Nicholasville will not only no longer get ANY of my business, but when the time comes to trade I will look elsewhere. I have recommended them in the past to prospective car owners. I will now do the opposite and tell folks NOT to go there. I will not be dramatic--I will simply state the facts as I have done here and let any would be customer draw their own conclusion. I have two new properly installed tires on my car now, from a KIA Nicholasville competitor, and I spent 20.00 on a road hazard warranty that covers everything. I expect that should I have something go wrong in two years (or less) these folks will honor it. They have gone the extra mile for me in the past. In the past, it took intervention of the fellow who sold me my car at KIA Nicholasville to get the service manager to honor an oil change coupon from them. At that time, the service manager was very intimidating and loudly told me in front of witnesses that ""I'd better be saving my pennies" for a $500.00 repair that he said 'had to happen soon.' I did research on that, and found that he was lying. That the 'repair' was regular maintenance work, and not something that had to happen any time soon. Car Town KIA Nicholasville--- trying to exploit customers and not honoring the warranties you sell is how you go out of business--one customer at a time.
ID
Cons
  • Trying to up-sell and not honor coupons warranties
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lied to and called a Liar

I recently went to Nicholasville, Ky Kia for service on my kia sorento and soul. While there I started to look at the new sorentos-it took over an hour before anyone asked if I needed help. This particular salesman never introduced himself (but told me his wife's name was Shelby Moore). He handed me keys to a sorento and said "take it for a drive"-I had told him that I needed AWD and he nodded yes to this particular sorento. He never said anything else about the car. Right before signing the papers he let me know that it wasn't AWD and that AWD is "a waste of $4500". I told him I had asked for AWD and he shook his head no and said "you never said anything about that". Also, I was going to trade in my Soul and he could never tell me an amount for the trade in value plus he asked for the keys to "look at the car" and someone drove off in my car and parked it on the other side of the building with the windows down and I still had personal belongings in the car. When I asked the salesman where my car was he said " we have to evaluate it" so I replied that the car had just been serviced at the Kia service and he said "they don't do anything over there". He was very rude and never made eye contact. This purchase would have been my 3rd Kia in less than 10 years and I have sent several friends and family members to Kia and they have also purchased vehicles at this particular place. When I stated that I was not buying a car that I was lied to about and especially when the salesman just called me a liar to my face they said that the papers on the table was everything that I had given them regarding the soul but when I got home my title was missing but they had placed a photo copy of my title in the envelope. I am not sure when this dealership became so fishy but I will be telling everyone about my experience and will purchase cars elsewhere from now on.

Car Town is a sketchy outfit I went there once looking at a car. They were dishonest from the beginning, needless to say they did not get my business, nor will they ever.

ID
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Cons
  • All the lies
Reason of review
Poor customer service

About

Car Town Kia Usa Warranty
To read more: https://www.cartownkiausa.com/warranty/index.htm
Car Town Kia Usa Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.cartownkiausa.com/privacy.htm
Car Town Kia Usa FAQ
Access The Customer's saved cars on any device. Receive Price Alert emails when price changes, new offers become available or a vehicle is sold. When The user of company services is shopping for The Client's next car, it's all but inevitable that The Userll be approached by The Customer's dealership's sales team about the prospect of a certified pre-owned car. That's a sentiment that couldn't be further from the truth. When a dealership asks to show The User of company services a CPO car, they're offering to introduce The Customer to some of the most valuable and value-driven models available in their inventory. A good certified pre-owned car can deliver a driving experience that's on par with many new models. The biggest difference, often enough, is a lower price. While it's true that certified pre-owned cars have had other owners in their past, there are important points that set them apart from a more typical used car.
Summary

Car Town Kia Usa is a dealer offering both new and used vehicles for sale. At Car Town Kia Usa, customers will find varied brand new KIA models including Optima, Sedona, Sportage, Rio, and Niro etc. Pre owned inventory showcases different makes and models to choose from presenting a collection of Chrysler, Hyundai, Mazda, RAM, and Toyota among many others. Financing center of Car Town Kia Usa allows potential clients Lexington, Winchester as well as Nicholasville (Kentucky) get pre-approved for lease or auto loan. The dealership operates Monday through Saturday.

Car Town Kia Usa reviews and complaints

Car Town Kia Usa is ranked 1181 out of 4364 in Dealers category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article