TX NR-616 ... rest in peace !

On May 16, 2014, I sent my receiver to a repairer (Capri Electronics Inc. in Montreal) as the TX-NR616 was not working. According to the repairman, HDMI unit needed to be replaced at a cost of $ 250. As I bought the receiver in the USA (HI-FI Heaven, Green Bay), I had to pay the amount. I contacted you via email in the month of June. You have agreed to honor the warranty. And as you asked, I did repair the receiver at: Technitronique Y.I. Ltee 561 St. Isidore Street St.Lin Laurentides, QC Canada, J5M 2v1 I received the unit one month later, in July. As the repair took a long time, we used another receiver and we tried to sell the Onkyo receiver to no avail. THEN, Friday, August 17, we reinstalled the NR-616 ... following the complete installation steps. Everything worked for a week! But yesterday morning on August 23, the receiver did not work ... again! The display was written: "CHECK SP WIRE" ... I consulted the guide and followed the instructions (check the wires speakers, unplug the receiver for 1 hour ...) When turn it back on, I saw a spark from inside the receiver and then … smoke !!!! I could not believe my eyes !!!! This receiver has been used for barely eight months ... It required major repair in June ... I had to fight and wait 1 month for a response from you ... I had to travel 60 miles to go for repair ... Now here is another BIG PROBLEM ... And, of course, the warranty is expired since August 7! I checked on the web and many other customers have reported the same trouble !!! Are you sure that this model is SAFE ????? I am 56 years old, and I have purchased many receptors (Hitachi, Sony, JVC, Pioneer, Denon and … Onkyo) over the past 40 years !!!! I even worked 2 years in Calgary, Alberta, as a audio-visual specialist and I have never seen such a thing happen before !

With respect, it sounds as if the problem you have is going to someone unauthorized to service the unit. Generally this will invalidate the warranty.

I'd also question why you posted this under "schools"?

ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article