Resolved
Idan B Vre

Resolved: No accountability

Updated by user Jul 06, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund.

Original review Jul 06, 2024
No accountability. Needed to cancel my flight and hotel due to Horricane Beryl.

Called CapOne day before to cancel and asked TO CACNEL and if they can waive the fee due to horricane. They contact the hotel to ask for fee waiver and kept my order open, this was a problem since response came days later causing me to lose my entire sum of the trip due to "no show". CapOne are not taking any responsibility of:
1. Keeping the order open to a no show status although I asked to cancel.

The fact that I asked to check for courtesy waiver of fees is irrelevant to my cancelation request. They shouldn't kept the order open.
2. Keeping the order open altough I didnt ask for it and not informing me that no show can inquire full amount of reservation penalty. This is not written anywhere and was not mentioned during any of my calls with them.

Not respecting the cancelation policy that sent to me saying in writing that cancelation after July 1st will inqure only a small fraction of the reservation.
Bottom line, multiple mistakes were done by CapOne and 0 accountability. They keep reaching out the the hotel to try to recover funds and it is clear that they do not want to compensate customers out of their own pockets.
Matthew S Krw

Verified Reviewer

Fraud -Someone stole my wallet/old phone

Capital One Travel - Fraud -Someone stole my wallet/old phone
Capital One Travel - Fraud -Someone stole my wallet/old phone - Image 2
Capital One Travel - Fraud -Someone stole my wallet/old phone - Image 3
Capital One Travel - Fraud -Someone stole my wallet/old phone - Image 4

To whom it may concern:

Please contact my sister who is my POA and SSpayee Anita Swaner-Templeton

765-376-****

My apt was broken into on 5/2/2024 and my wallet was stolen along with an old phone. The person who stole it stole my money off my Go2Bank Visa card $150.

, and applied for a capital one credit card with my SS#.

My sister noticed it on my credit sesame account but they told me to contact capital one however I have no account to get assistance. It now shows my card is delinquent but I have NO Capital One account..

My apt was broken in again and now I dont have a phone.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Issue cards without verifying identity

Preferred solution: I want the card suspended that was issued in my name and fix my credit score on all 3 sites

Vidhya C Mmi

Verified Reviewer

Capital one- appalling customer service

Terrible customer service when dealing with any changes due to weather or unforeseen conditions. I had booked my flight and hotel through Capital One to Florida, but the airline canceled on the day of due to adverse weather.

I have been going around in circles trying to get my refund for the hotel, and Capital One Travel agents blatantly keep telling me that the hotel can't give the refund. When I call the hotel, they say that they can work with Capital One to agree on a refund. Unfortunately, I can't work with the hotel directly because I booked through Capital One. It's been a nightmare and a stressful situation having to explain myself every time I call and talk to multiple agents at Capital One.

Whatever notes they have written down don't help them or me. It's frustrating enough to explain myself every single day, and multiple times to different people, on the situation. I am currently still waiting on my refund from Capital One. I made the grave mistake of booking through them, considering I have been a loyal Capital One customer for several years, but they have taken no accountability in providing any kind of compensation to their customers.

I should have just booked with the hotel directly and perhaps I would have already gotten my refund.

I am very disappointed in Capital One Travel and booking through them as all they have done thus far is make me call them and follow up with no accountability of any sort on compensation for the hotel stay that I couldn't make it to since flights were canceled. They still expect me to risk my safety and just be at the hotel, regardless of the situation.

Tiffany H Stu

Verified Reviewer

Horrible travel booking system and customer service

I made an international booking with a one stop layover via Capital One app, and the information is completely miss leading. A month later when i checked back flight information and found there are two stops instead of one that I was confirmed at the time of purchase.

Called customer service, they said the flight shows two stops, and i will be charged for changes fee if I want another flight. I still have the screenshots that show the flight was confirmed for one stop only, and the app didn't display the hidden additional layover. They said nothing they can do, it is their policy to charge if i need to make the changes. So their comment is pretty much i have to be responsible for verifying the flight information after the purchase (after the fact) when they were providing misleading or missing information on their app.

Most importantly, the app is still show the same information with one stop if you are to book a new flight on the same date and time. How creative the system is to display false information and refuse the solve the issue without charging more?? I hope the management team from Capital One is ready the bad reviews and improve the system.

otherwise, you will lose more and more consumers. I am canceling the card and good luck with more losses.

Loss:

Preferred solution: change my flight to one stop option without charging fee.

Kristian M Dim

Capital One Travel Reservation # H-8L6SWN58ZPKR

This letter requests to reschedule the reservation I had initially made for Oceans Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, for Friday, January 12, 2024, to a later date at no charge.

This reservation was made on January 1, 2024, through Capital One Travel, reservation # H-8L6SWN58ZPKR, Hotel Confirmation 263****. I had a flight scheduled through United Airlines to fly to New Jersey from Grand Rapids, Michigan, on Friday, January 12, 2024, departing at 11:15 am and arriving in Newark, New Jersey, at 1:30 pm.

Unfortunately, on the evening of Thursday, January 11, 2024, I was notified by United Airlines that my flight was canceled because of an impending snowstorm.

Please see the timeline below of when I reached out to Capital One Travel, attempting to reschedule my hotel reservation to another date.

1/11/24 4:36 pm, 17 minutes 33-second phone call - I was told they would call me back once they got a hold of the travel partner I never received a return call that afternoon or evening.

1/12/24 1:36 pm., 21 minutes 28-second phone call I was told they are working with travel partners.

1/12/24 4:21 pm I received a return phone call - I was advised to call the Oceans Resort directly.

1/12/24 5:33 pm - I called Oceans Resort to see if the reservation can be changed to a different date. I was told that they cannot alter third-party reservations and to call Capital One Travel.

1/12/24 5:43 pm 47 minutes 29-second phone call I was told they are working with the travel partner to see if they could change or modify the reservation

1/12/24 7:10 pm 3 minutes 31-second phone call - I was informed that the hotel would not change or modify the reservation

As you can see from the above, I tried numerous times to request assistance to modify my reservation. I still intend to stay at Oceans Resort for one evening. However, it was impossible for me to travel to New Jersey from Michigan with almost 2 feet of snow that fell over the weekend.

If I had not booked through Capital One, I would have been able to cancel this without any issues. This inclines me to no longer use Capital One Travel because of the time spent and difficulty attempting to resolve this, which is still an issue and a waste of $327.21.

This is unacceptable and highly frustrating. My only request was to change the reservation to a later date, and Capital One Travel was unwilling to do so.

Additionally, the customer service representatives were very hard to understand as their English and strong accents made it very hard to understand them and have a conversation with them about this issue.

Please reach out to me immediately to rectify this problem.

Sincerely,

KM

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never use a third party booking website.

Tracey D Ruj

Verified Reviewer

Car rental company says they have processed refund but CapOne Travel still has not - 3 weeks later

booked a car rental through Capital One Travel and a late flight caused the rental place to be closed by the time we got there, so had to rent a car through a 24 hour place.

contacted the car rental place, they agreed that they owed us a refund and processed the refund but Cap One still has not credited my card. you can only call and the customer service people stonewall and give excuses why they cannot accept my email proof nor can they get ahold of the car rental place (supposedly). on thrid phone call because you can't email the CapOne travel - it's ridiculous

Loss:
Cons:
  • Can barely understand the reps since they have very strong accent
  • Say they cannot accept email proof of reund
  • Customer service is not helpful

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: dont use cap one travel - they are terrible

Bruce P Oaf

Refund for H-NQCKNWJR7H3K

Updated by user Sep 18, 2023

I was contacted by the Corp. executive office manager and she transferred me to the travel department.

I relayed my message and experience for a third time and was told they would call me back after checking on the possibility of you getting me a credit. I have not heard back.

Original review Sep 11, 2023
Do you know how difficult it is to complain to the travel dept? The experience below was related to Choice Hotels.

I feel the need to let everyone know at Capitol One Travel that this hotel is not a property you want to have an affiliation with. In fact I am so disappointed that even though there is a stated no refund policy, anything short of a full refund would seem inadequate. I can send pictures if needed. Someone needs to visit this property.

What next?
This was for the Clarion Inn and Suites at 3030 Roberts Bl. Or its the Lumberton Hotel, or the Days Inn. I received emails for all three names in my confirmations. They all shared the same address.
A guest has filed a complaint with the below details:
First Name: bruce
Last Name: pressman
Email ID: bppress5@***.com
Phone No: 650333****
Confirmation No: 1167****
Check In: 2023-09-05
Check Out: 2023-09-08,
Message: i will be checking out 10 september.

i have moved rooms three times in my four night stay. i dont see how you can recover from your brand appearance after guests have stayed here. my first room the tv only got # 50 to 75. front desk said they dont have a maintenance guy all week.

they moved me to another room, that room card key did not work numerous times, and i was all the way in the back of the hotel. now they have me in another room for my last night. the property is run down beyond description and i have been in the hotel business since 1977 one way or another. i am going to be requesting refund.

giant lobby fan to cool 99 deg. no ac. Breakfast was a grab and go with a waffle maker that was working one day.

Two ice machines were broken also. It has an unsafe feeling as well with rooms at the back of the property facing a wooded area being the most used.
Pros:
  • Question mark
Cons:
  • Difficult to contact

User's recommendation: Avoid it

Mary R Nii

FLIGHT AM625 CANCELED - TRYING TO GET MY REFUND FROM HOPPER

hi,

I booked a ticked through Capital One Travel (hopper)

SFO to Guadalajara -AM625

Capital One will not refund me the ticket until they hear from you -844-422-****

Please contact them to tell them the flight was canceled and the pilot was ill - I have documentation - but they will not let me send it to them - Hopper is the worst

Thanks

Capital One Travel - Travel problem
Capital One Travel - Travel problem - Image 2
Capital One Travel - Travel problem - Image 3
Updated by user Oct 26, 2023

Capital One Travel doesn't care about clients. They just want the money.

They never send me an email to review the trip, to tell them about my stay, so I could write them back that I didn't stay in hotel.

There are no words or concerns or apologies from them. Nothing.

Original review Oct 17, 2023
I would like to inform you about my experience booking a hotel room with Capital One Travel.
On September 20th, I booked La Pazza Suites in Istanbul from October 3rd till October 6th.
I received email from Capital One confirming my reservation including hotel confirmation number. I was going to contact the property to inform them that I will be arriving on 7th at 1am, but there was no contact info.

No email, no phone number, nothing.
My flight was delayed and I arrived at 5:30am. When I came to hotel, receptionist was telling me that doesn't have my reservation, hotel is fully booked and that he couldn't do anything for me. I called Capital One, explained the situation and representative told me: "I am sorry, but there was a glitch in a system and your reservation has never been processed by hotel. Let me find another hotel for you and for inconvenience, I will add $100 traveler credit on your account.

I asked if I could stay in the same area since my friends were staying in Airbnb near by. He said, no problem. After being on hold and 50min conversation, he told me to walk 5min to La Pera Suites.
Once I arrived to La Pera Suites, again hotel that I did not book and where Capital One representative told me to go, the guy at the front desk told me that hotel is full and they will not have a room available till noon. Now it's 8am, I haven't slept the whole night, need to use restroom, but this other hotel doesn't even have a chair to sit on at reception area nor toilet.

I sat at stairs and cried and cried. I made reservations 3 weeks in advanced, I paid right away, and now tired and sleepy, I am on streets of Istanbul.
I called Capital One Travel again. Super rude lady answered the phone, told me that I did not show up for my reservation, which is not true, that she can't do anything for me, supervisor was not available and could call me back later. But I did not need supervisor later, I needed help now.

I needed my room now.

I just needed to use the toilet and go to sleep.
No help from Capital One Travel. Even though it was a glitch in Capital One system, nobody wanted to help me.
By that time, my friends woke up and I went to their Airbnb and slept on their couch for the rest of days.
My reservation got screwed by your system, I paid $150, never received $100 credit, and did not stay at hotel room.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy booking
Cons:
  • Rude customer service
  • No contact property info

Preferred solution: Full refund, apology, and fix glitches in system for other travelers

User's recommendation: Do not book through Travel One

map-marker Malmoe, Skane

Horrible travel agency

No response from Capital One travel for help after flights had been canceled permanently.

I had to do my own research to find a way home. They were no help at all.

User's recommendation: Use up your miles quickly and find another company

map-marker Rock Springs, Wyoming

Travel reservations

The travel agent couldnt help me at all. I will be going to Costco Travel to make my reservations. They are much easier to deal e!

Travel Expert Talks

Travel Tips: Airbnb VS Traditional Renting

Oct 30, 2020

Is it safe to rent from local vacation rental owners? What are the pros and cons of Airbnb and VRBO? In this video, Mary Branum, a vacation rentals expert, and experienced homeowner, shares her insights as to how vacation rental owners can maintain good clientele, how consumers should plan a vacation, and how to protect yourself.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article