Stole my money too!!!!

I too paid for services and then was met with a series of excuses to include the vehicle needing tags too. I wish I could understand why??? I guess you just cannot trust ANYONE! Mr. Brock was suppose to be restoring my grandmothers, which is very dear to me (she recently passed). He did demo part of the home (no it's not livable) and then just left. I have tried to contact him on many occasion to understand why & what happened??? He seemed sincere at our initial meeting and shared stories about his mother and the passing of his dog (I guess these were all lies too). I trusted him because he was referred by some friends whom he did a phenomenal job for. Now I am paying interest on money I never used.....God I hope there is such a thing as KARMA
ID
Bridgeville, Delaware
Loss

ROY LEE BROCK/CANNON HOME IMPROVEMENTS

Beware all consumers looking to have home improvement done either in Virginia, Maryland or Delaware. Mr. Roy Lee Brock is a ***-artist. He will mislead you to believe that he is retired Army, full of honesty, integrity, dedicated to work for you only, firm believer in communications, the whole 9 yards. Once you pay him and commit in contract for any major or minor home improvements he will do the first job in such an outstanding manner and complete it (if you're lucky!). Once you have paid him for material and labor, he will skip town on you as he did to me. Although I have three signed contracts with his signature on it it doesn't matter. He will take his chances to abandon you and your incompleted projects. He has scammed me for several thousands of dollars and come to find out through neighbors, he has also scammed others here in the State of Delaware. He will tell you upon first meeting and prior to signing the contracts that he is retired Army, 82nd Airborne Division, Ft Bragg, NC several years ago, that he also retired from US Govt Service with the DOD in Washington/Maryland area as an Intelligence Specialist. All this may be true but it's part of his "scam" to build up your confidence and he will even try to befriend you by telling you about very personal past bad experiences he has had in his life, like losing his favorite dog Cannon (name of his company) which put him into major depression for a long time. He has a "way" to get you to feel sorry for him and to build up your "confidence" level he is a man that can be trusted and befriended. This so called General Contractor never showed me his business license, no bond insurance, no references...nothing after asking to see them. My mistake was that I "trusted" him and was very naïve that I did not demand to see it all prior to paying him in advance to refinish my basement, install hardwood flooring throughout my entire bottom floor (I still have 57 boxes of hardwood flooring that he "dumped" off on me sitting in my living room since 12 March 2013..today is 2 June 2013). He was supposed to have all this work done by 1 June 2013, yesterday, per our signed contract. There is a State Police WARRANT out for his arrest for both civil and criminal charges that await him. He will get caught one day by the law/authorities, it's just a matter of time that he will be cuffed and placed behind bars to face me, the state prosecutor and the judge once he is extradited back to Delaware. Right now he is out there either in Maryland where his daughter lives, or in Suffolk, VA where his mother lives. He is on the "run" and probably scamming others like he did to a senior citizen lady up in Wilmington, DE taking her $3,000 after building up her confidence and gaining her trust, then he tore out her existing kitchen cabinets and told her he would return soon after buying the new kitchen cabinets. He never returned leaving the poor woman without a kitchen and without her $3,000. God only knows how many others out there he has scammed? This guy is African-American, tall and always wears a ballcap, about 58/59 years old and was driving a red burgundy Ford pick-up truck. He will start off by giving you "excuses" why he cannot return to your home to until several days, in my case, he was blaming it on the State of Maryland and Delaware for not renewing his license plate since he could not get his truck title from Maryland for over 60 days. He told me that his temporary plate had expired and therefore could not drive his truck around to continue my home improvement projects. I offered to pick him up from his location using my own vehicle every morning very early and take him to my home so he could do the work. He did not take on my offer. He also lied to me telling me that he was kicked out of the home where he was renting out a room, that this mean couple kicked him out and now he was "homeless". That his daughter in Pasadena, Maryland had to go pick him up in Delaware and that he had to live with her in Maryland. This was all a blunt lie since the actual truth of the matter from his prior live-in landlords told my neighbor that when they returned from work one day in March (2013) that his truck and all his personal belongings were gone! He pretty much skipped out of town to get away from the State of Delaware to scam me and other clients in this state. He led me to believe that he was forced to leave his Ford pickup truck parked in their driveway due to the expired plates and that he got a ride with his daughter to go to Maryland for a few days only to take care of his title. All a lie and a scam! Anyway, be very careful of this phony general contractor ROY LEE BROCK who currently is being charged with major criminal felony charges and extreme breach of contract. And don't let him fool you with his laptop and fancy interior home designing program to "sketch out" your future dream basement or bedroom or whatever...although he will go through the process and draw it all out professionally and impress you, that job will never get done and your hard earned monies paid to him will not get what you were promised or expected. You will end up like me having to file State Police charges and with your State's Attorney General's office Consumer Crime Fraud Unit. At least the state will represent you in court with their prosecutor saving you on attorney's fees, and to lock this guy up one day to serve out his time for being such a dishonest, lying, cheating, dishonorable, low moral values and lack of integrity, unprofessional *** that he is.

Mr. ROY LEE BROCKS SORRY BUTT MAY SOON BE COMING TO AN END FOR ALL HIS CRIMES AND THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM NOT GIVING A *** AND ALLOWING HIM TO GET AWAY WITH THIS ***, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

YOU ALL NEED TO FILE POLICE COMPLAINTS AGAINST HIM, TO HAVE HIM ARRESTED EVERYTIME HE PULLS THIS *** TO INNOCENT TRUSTING VICTIMS. OTHERWISE, IT WILL BE TOO EASY FOR HIM TO KEEP DOING IT.

ROY......YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK...WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE (YOUR FAMILY TOO). YOUVE ALREADY DOUBLE CROSSED TWO CLIENTS WHO ARE COMING AFTER YOUR SORRY ***.

He did the same thing to me February 2017. And he also stole expensive sport fishing equipment that belongs to my husband. He'd better pray God deals with him before my husband runs into again.

He has did the same thing to me please contact me how do I contact you?

You are right...he is a crook! He did the same thing to us in 2012 but what goes around comes around....lol.

Everything will catch up to him.

I am sorry that he took advantage of you.

View more comments (3)
ID
Dover, Delaware
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article