Candrell Care Care is a RIPOFF

Update by user Dec 18, 2014

This was not ever resolved. I have had my oil changed a few times since I have been to Candrell's, and neither one of them found an oil leak, WHICH PROVES they tried to SCAM ME by stating my gasket was leaking. Pathetic liars!

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2014
Candrell's Car Care is a fraud! They told me that my serpentine belt was cracked, and needed immediate replacing. They also said that the valve cover gasket was leaking. I replaced the belt out of fear of being stranded on the side of the road, and couldnt risk having my car severely damaged if it broke. I waited on replacing the gasket. This was over two months ago. I never saw oil on my driveway or where I park at work, nor did I EVER smell burning oil. I also checked the oil level,and it was the same. I took my car to the dealer to have some recall work on it, and had them check the alleged leaking gasket, and THEY FOUND NOTHING! The dealership of ALL repair places would certainly find something (if it existed), so they can get that money, but they didnt! Candrell's is a RIPOFF and you should NOT use them. Now I dont know if my serpentine belt actually needed replacing after they tried to cheat me by stating that I needed to replace the gasket. That was a $130.00 mistake! They also promised a discount (got it in writing) , and they didnt honor it because I didnt have all of the fraudulent work done. I have now had the alleged oil leak checked 3 times, and one was not ever found! No oil on the ground in my garage, or where I park at work. Oil level doesnt ever go down between oil changes, no burning smell... NOTHING! The Candrell Tech is either a blatant liar, or incredibly incompetent. There can be NO other way! Think twice before you use them!
ID
Carrollton, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article