Cancun Dental Specialists Reviews

Show reviews that mention
teeth irma gavaldon implants irma extractions cancun airport root gavaldon dental
Filter review

Dishonest business

Cancun Dental Specialists - Dishonest business
They do a lot of promises, and tell you all you want to hear just to get your moneys. Then found a lot of charges that I never agreed to or had knowledge about them, then implant and crowns fall out, they want to charge to fix their failed job, requested they provide their warranty conditions, never got anything, see your self nothing about warranty on their page, via chat they will reassure you is 5 years, but what chat conversation or verbal promises will help? , lost $4k :(

User's recommendation: get everything in written, price quote, warranty revise your bill.

Benito Juárez, Quintana Roo
Pros
  • Smile
Cons
  • No good dentists
  • Hide their warranty policy
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Service With A Smile - Quality Lacking

Update by user May 27, 2020

Cancun Dental Specialists, Blvd. Kukulcan Km, Plaza Flamingo, Cancun, Mexico

Original review posted by user May 27, 2020
Nine Crowns placed in December 2019 along with two extractions. Service with a smile, and they did everything they said they would do. I left pleased with the procedures and results. Fast Forward to March 2020, 2 of the 9 crowns had to be removed due to infection and 1 of the 9 broke off leaving just the root of the tooth which had to be removed locally. After removal, my local dentist explained what had happened and suggested I contact the dental clinic for a refund.

User's recommendation: Buyer Beware - Question Before Leaving Mexico.

Totally agree, changed 4 dentists in this clinic, just one last one was good, but he no longer works at this place, work done by other dentists fall out, lost 4k, they refused to honor warranty, refused even to show they warranty, nothing about their warranty on their website ether, all just verbal promises

ID
#1952420 Review #1952420 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cancun Dental Specialists Dental Service
Pros
  • Nice staff
Cons
  • Poor quality work
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Buyer beware

Cancun Dental Specialists - Buyer beware
Cancun Dental Specialists - Buyer beware
Update by user Dec 01, 2019

Chipped teeth and filled with some type of poxy That looks absolutely poor. Not a great smile

Original review posted by user Dec 01, 2019
Teeth chipped and poorly filled in, all the back teeth were removed on the All On 4 In an effort for me to stop biting on my cheeks caused by low profile teeth. Now I chew food on my gums where the TV used to be.

I had implant fall out, and crowns, lost 4k

ID
#1719883 Review #1719883 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cancun Dental Specialists Dental Implants
Pros
  • Nice staff
Cons
  • Poor quality work
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution

Wonderful Experience

This was most likely the best dental experience that I have ever had. I had already had a horrible experience at Rio Grande Dental in Juarez so I was initially reluctant to try Mexico for dental work the second time. I am so glad that I did. It was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. My care contact, Josue set everything up for me, including sending a car to pick me up at the airport. As I have never stayed in Cancun, I made a big mistake in making my initial hotel reservations, and he helped me to find a place to stay as well. I am indeed thankful for him going beyond the expected for my care. Both Dr. Irma and Dr. Lugo examined me, but it was Dr. William that actually made my upper arch zirconium bridge. (all on 4's, bridge only, as I already had the implants.) Dr. William is awesome! No manufactured teeth are the same as God gives us, but Dr. William made me a top arch that is pretty close. I went with the bright white, so my teeth are pretty, and the teeth feel almost like they grew there. Oh! I can also eat, no problem! I can not say enough good things about Dr. William and his assistant. Israel, front desk at Ocean Dental, was fantastic. He was good company while waiting between appointments, and he knows a lot about the culture. He even printed our boarding passes for us, so that we didn't have to do it at the airport. And he did it with a smile. When we were ready to go back to our hotel, all we had to do was tell Israel. He was right on it, calling us a car to take us back. These people work so well together. It was really a great experience, and you don't have to give up a thing to get a good fair price, not available in the states. Take it from a little Ohio farmgirl, this is the place to get all your dental work done.
Fairborn, Ohio

The ABSOLUTE BEST place to get the perfect Hollywood smile

Cancun Dental Specialists - The ABSOLUTE BEST place to get the perfect Hollywood smile
I am Jennifer Eady from Palm Beach, Florida. I had a full upper and lower Restoration as I wanted a perfect white Hollywood smile. These two wonderful Dentists, Dr. Irma and Dr. Andrea gave me that and I will be back in a couple of weeks with my son Dominique to give him the same result through some minor dental work. I am ABSOLUTELY amazed what they accomplished and I could NOT be any happier with their service, attention to detail, the price, their staff and their professionalism. Before I visited Cancun Dental Specialists, I was terrified of Dentists, but with their patience and absolutely no pain approach, I am now a fan of visiting a Dentist and that will only be from now on Cancun Dental Specialists, coupled with a mini vacation. They absolutely deserved a million stars and not just 5. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!! Thank you, Cancun Dental Specialists. The people of Mexico are the friendliest I have EVER encountered.
Cancun Dental Specialists Dental Service
Work Experience or Job Application

Great service - not pissed

I have had dental work at two of the US best dental schools & private dentists in the USA and this practice compares favorably. Their evaluation process is just as thorough. They have many specialists in all the required areas and they consult freely and extensively. I had 14 pcs of crowns and bridges that were from 15 - 40 years old and were past the time of replacement. In two the underlying teeth had broken hence the extractions. In three, new caries under the 30 - 40 y.o. crowns meant root canals. The surgeon did a superb job on the two extractions with complex roots. The roots of the extracted teeth compromised the bone slightly and a bone graft was required. I had three root canals - all done properly. I went home with a four piece bridge & a three piece bridge permanently placed and I feel they are comparable to quality of what lasted me 20-40 yrs. I have two extensive temps where the extractions/grafts were done and will have to come back for the finals. Kind, caring, competent and professional at less than 1/3 US cost. Pic shows 6 pcs anterior temporaries 3 days after placement - gums still slightly sore but healing well. Could have charged me more by recommending implants but went for just what was needed.

The best dental experience

Visit cancun dental specialists and everything was perfect. The deal with the specialists and the dr. Irma Gavaldon was awesome. From the arrival at the airport in Cancun the reception by the driver was very kind, I took me to stay at my hotel because the next day I had my appointment with the specialists, I was really nervous. The next day the same chauffeur came to pick me up at the hotel to take me to the clinic, when the receptionist arrived I started to take my data and very kindly I advise. Then they passed me to a room where they evaluate my dentures with very advanced devices and then I was with dr. Irma gavaldon who helped me understand the problem of my teeth and how it was going to solve. He gave me a lot of confidence so I put myself in his hands. My teeth are perfect and thanks to them I smiled again. I'm very happy!!!
Good customer service

Infected dental implants

my wife had 3 implants set, and the nightmare started, when one of the implants perforated the nerve, now she has parestesia, this is what the doctor here says, we are in shock due to that she cannot even have a sip of coffee, she feels numb all the area, we tried to call many times this practice, and wanted to speak to who ever is responsable, but never had an answer form this dr Irma gavaldon,that even we read that she is a us certified dentist, she is not placing implants, this is a lie, the doctor that saw my wife even told us, that he was leaving because everything there is wrong, even he told us that we were lucky to have dental implants now, because they use to place implants which are clones, or Chinese, we saw the advertisement of this dr Irma gavaldon and she is the head doctor, but the doctor that placed those implants and here are 1005 responsable for this, I regret the moment I decided to travel there and do the procedure.

I am concidering going to this clinic. I was planning on 17 extractions & mini implants. Reading the nightmare this couple that changed their life forever deeply concerns me.

Just do a google search for LAW SUIT AGAINST DR IRMA GAVALDON.It will answer all your questions.

Ocean Dental Cancun,

Cancun Dental Specialists,

Dental Tourism Association,

Dental Work in Mexico.

These are all the same companies There is no need to write a bad review here because people from this company just say that it's fake in the comments. I am not going to waste my time by writing a long review here since all the information you need is already on the internet. Just do a google search for LAW SUITS against the Dr.Irma Galvadon or any of these companies and you will find a good amount of information to make an informed decision.

@PissedConsumer1370666

Thank you SO MUCH for your review! I was planning a trip to Mexico for dental work and meet with the dentist at Cancun dental specialist.

But I changed my mind after reading your review.

I believe you!!! Thank you again!

@PissedConsumer1370666

Thank you for the information, I almost booked. Much appreciated.

View more comments (3)
Cancun Dental Specialists Dental Implants
Cons
  • False advertisement
Bad quality
Full refund

This is very strange. The word I used got bleeped ("***") out AGAIN!

I don't understand why. I've checked this on every device I have and every browser. I don't get this. Let me spell it out with spaces.

The word I used was "b i t e" and it keeps getting the "***" treatment. Hope this corrects any confusion.

Update by user Jul 01, 2016

Why did Pissed Consumer bleep out this word? In last sentence of the second paragraph of my review, I used the word, "***" referring to my teeth being corrected.

What posted was this:

"Since my work has been completed and my *** has been corrected I haven't bitten cheeks or tongue a single time; not once. That alone is such a relief."

Why did they insert "***" for the word "***" that I used. Very odd.

It should read like this:

I hope it doesn't get changed to "***" again.

Original review posted by user Jul 01, 2016
I had my first visit January 2016 and after the implants healed I had the rest of the work completed in May 2016. This is my second review. I wanted to follow up with a more detailed report and express my gratitude to Dr. Irma Gavaldon, Ocean Dental and the entire staff of Cancun Dental Specialists. It's been years since I've been able to chew food without being in pain either from a bad tooth or biting my cheeks or tongue. The biting of the cheeks or tongue is something that's been an everyday, multiple times per day occurrence ever since I can remember. Since my work has been completed and my *** has been corrected I haven't bitten cheeks or tongue a single time; not once. That alone is such a relief. In total, I had 2 extractions, 4 implants, 2 root canals, 2 bone grafts and 18 crowns placed. The chewing teeth are zirconium and the front teeth are Emax porcelain. The team at Cancun Dental Specialists did an outstanding job and I couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out. I can eat with confidence, they look like real teeth and have never felt or looked better. Period. I was there 10 days each visit and now I'm done. It's worth noting that they provide transportation from and back to the airport and for all the dental appointments FREE of charge. Everyone there has an area of specialty and they all work together as a team. The atmosphere is so friendly, welcoming and professional; from the office to the drivers to the front desk to the gifted dental staff. If I had this done in the US it would have cost $40,000 where I live. $40,000 was simply out of reach for me. At Cancun Dental Specialists I paid just over $12,000 for a savings of 70%. You will love Cancun. It is PARADISE!! Thank you Dr. Irma Gavaldon and your wonderful team at Cancun Dental Specialists. You have made my life better. Aaron New Hampshire, USA
Cancun, Quintana Roo
Pros
  • Kindness and the attention to detail
Reason of review
The BEST dental experience of my life.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article