OVERCHARGED by Paul Campanella's Auto & Tire Center

DON'T GET RIPPED OFF... TAKE YOUR CAR SOMEWHERE ELSE I took my wife's 12 year old Mazda to Paul Campanella's to diagnose check engine light. I explained to them, "I just paid you $1,000 for work on the car 2 months ago and I don't want to put more money into it if I don't have to. The car is too old for that." I asked and was told that diagnosis would be $95 if I chose not to have repair done. Figured I might as well get the work done. Boy, was I wrong ! I should have just paid the $95 and left. Bill was itemized as follows: PARTS $121.75 for air intake hose FP47-1*-220A that Mazda sells for $60.95 list. (on-line list prices ranged from $33.38 to $48.25) $ 20.05 "Shop Supplies" (when I asked I was told, "We add that to all bills"). LABOR $ 95.00 Diagnosis (no skill, just plug it in, get the code, look up the code). $ 32.96 Labor (easy access / right on top, all you need is a screw driver and pliers, remove 4 clamps, insert hose, replace clamps) 10 min. tops. This was in addition to the $95 diagnosis charge. $ 3.00 "Hazardous Materials" (dispose of a 3" diameter x 18" long hose) _______ $272.76 TOTAL I'LL NEVER TAKE ANY VEHICLE TO PAUL CAMPANELLA'S AGAIN ! They may suck you in by doing flat repairs for free... But when you give them a shot at real servece they act like pigs.
ID
Wilmington, Delaware
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article