CalPers five-year contract with Optum Rx

CalPers employees heads up: just found out Optum Rx has a five-year contract, so it explains why they don’t give a —it in the way they treat us when we submit our Rx’s for processing. The CP clerk I just spoke to chuckled and told me he doesn’t take the “state’s” Insurance which certainly explains why he was completely ignorant to our plight and so pro ORx, and made the comment that “ORx wouldn’t do anything to hurt us!” Really? Are you kidding me?? Constant delays and denials, and the almighty prior authorizathions for just about every medication in the planet, i.e. heart, blood pressure, inhalers, antibiotics and, yes, pain meds!!! He told me that to get any possible help from CP, we need 1) call the CP Health Care Admin. supervisor, DENNIS DEVORE at 916 795-**** AND 2) to band together (class action lawsuit would definitely get their attention!) and confront CP since they don’t care at all about helping us when we complain by phone, reviews, etc!!!! They, CP and ORx, get paid no matter what!!!! We pay dearly for our health benefits, but we’re treated like it’s a gift, and we should be grateful for whatever crumbs of meds ORx AND CP thinks we should have and completely ignore what our doctor wants us to have!!!! Oh god, four more years of Optum Rx!!!! CalPers, please HELP the employees! You’re going to have insureds who are going to give up the fight for their Rx’s with Optum, and stop taking their meds altogether and endanger their health!!!!!
#1907516

I would very much like to find a way to get the attention of other CALPERS members' who are victims of Optum RX (whose sole purpose is to squeeze our benefits as close to non-existent as possible). Is there a forum to reach other CALPERS members?

I used Kaiser P. for insur up to the 2018 yr. There was no bureacracy interposed between the pharmacies and the doctors there. Optum RX sends me huge wads of paper in the mail.

And deny about every other RX that a dr. writes.

Pls note my email is : inlib2003@***.com. Please put CALPERS or OPTUM RX in subject line if U want to correspond with me.

ID
Service
Optumrx Prescription Refill
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article