Mad as heck

I believe that they are deceptive in their sell of their products and I may take legal action, being that I am a former claims adjuster. The major deception to me is that they are sending out letters to the elderly, making them promises and selling their top of the line hearing aide, which ours cost close to $6,000.00 and they told us our monthly payment would be close to $50 per month, interest free and that IS NOT THE CASE. My husband is 62 and I am disabled and we don't have that kind of money..... My husband just received ANOTHER FLYER in the mail today...ARE THEY CRAZY..... i will be filing suit.....perhaps a class action....as I am mad.
ID
Redondo Beach, California
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

California Hearing Aid Center Crooked Practices

Hearing aids cost a ton of money, and when my husband changed his mind after placing a deposit of $500 towards a $2,900 hearing aid for one ear, he was told he would forfeit his deposit, even though laws and regulations at California Department of Consumer Affairs dictate that an individual has 30 days to try out the hearing aid or cancel. We're now in the process of trying to get a refund. 4 calls were made on the same day to cancel, and the technician didn't call back until the afternoon of the following day. Just think if my husband needed an adjustment or had an important question. The company's current stance is they will not issue a refund unless the hearing aid is delivered and my husband has tried it out for 30 days. They also indicate that there was a 3-day cancellation policy, which had been exceeded by 3 days. This was not explained to us at the time of the order, nor was it indicated in the contract. We are challenging their policy via a Better Business Bureau (BBB) complaint, a Department of Consumer Affairs complaint, and a dispute on our Discover charge transaction. Keith is trying to force me to take possession of the hearing aid before he will issue a refund. Taking possession, however, requires an additional payment of $2,400. Then, he will find an excuse not to refund $2,900. I no longer trust him to fit me with a hearing aid, much less service a hearing aid I will wear the rest of my life (I am 71 years old).

I would like to address the over pricing in the statement above. The devices that were purchased was an $1800+ technology.

The complaint was that the devices were defective, however the devices were always plugged with wax and not defective. The problem was that the devices were not being cleaned properly by the user. As the company we would love all of our patient's to be happy with the devices they have purchased, but sometimes that isn't what happens.

Since the patient felt the devices were defective we did offer them a credit in the amount of $600 not $700. California Hearing Aid Center is in the practice of satisfying all customers and regret that we were unable to make Barbara happy.

I purchased an aid for 50% off for $1800 and then found out that it was a $700 hearing aid. I reported them and received $700 back to me. Don't use them!

#261937

Tell the owner of the business that if he does not refund your deposit you will take him to small claims court.

Use certified mail to make your demand.

View more comments (2)
ID
Fair Oaks, California

About

Summary

California Hearing Aid Center is a place where people with hearing problems can get qualitative medical care. The list of its services includes hearing rehabilitation, hearing assessments and education. California Hearing Aid Center also distributes special devices. It makes even the most complicated hearing aids available for people who need them. Its assortment of hearing devices gives patients the possibility to choose one that will fit their life styles and types of hearing loss.
The company also participates actively in the programs that have a goal to prevent hearing loss, consulting people about such important topics as effects of noise on hearing and offering them special protective devices.

California Hearing Aid Center reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article