Calhoun Beach Club

This event venue, took a $750 depost from my dad for my wedding.. And then completely changed management, and raised our total bill for the day $3,000. We said that at that price point it was out of our price range and we would have to go somewhere else for our wedding.. They would not return our deposit. And that was over a year in advance of our wedding, they had plenty of time to reschedule an event for that day. Terrible company ethics! We tried to ask them over and over again to understand our situation, but the new mangement is nothing but money hungry snots, and apparently needed $750.

I've been a member for several years and have finally concluded I'm on the "sucker plan". The staff is friendly and competent, but the club itself needs major updating, the equipment is often broken and the facility dirty and moldy.

Managers pretty much quit as soon as they can trade up and the absentee owners remain largely unmoved by complaints. They apparently don't have sufficient funds to improve operations even though the dues are north of $200 per month for a "family" membership. A major part of the problem stems from 15-20 years ago when members were allowed to buy permanent memberships, i.e. no more dues from them.

As a result, "new" members have been carrying the financial load and it simply isn't working. Management doesn't know how to get out of this situation and as a result there's across the board deterioration in the club. I feel sorry for the employees - managment has pretty much killed the golden goose here.

If you join this club, consider it a donation. You're not going to get much back.

ID
Cottage Grove, Minnesota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article