Calgary avian and exotic pet clinic killed my degu

Calgary avian and exotic pet clinic killed my degu
One of the vets at this clinic named Dr. Materi was very careless with handling our degu. She was aware of her being pregnant and still refused to let us hold her during the check up to calm her down. While the vet was holding our degu she was being very rough. Our degu started crying in a painful way which I've never heard before and stortly after started bleeding from her lower region. This bleeding has and should have never happened because degus form a protective coating almost like a cork inside to protect their babys. This only happened because "Dr" Materi was being carless and squeezing our degu to hard. Shortly after my baby degu had a miscarage which unfortunatly took her life, even in intensive care at another vet clinic. Never again will I make the mistake of not trusting my judgments. This wasnt Materis first offence either. She claimed she was a exotic pet specialist yet she had no problem grabbing my other degu by the tail on our first visit. Any exotic pet vet that knows anything about degus would know thats a major no no, because they can disconnect their tail which could be prone to infection if that happens. I would never recomend going to this vet clinic if you really care about your family member. R.I.P Mattimisio

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at this vet clinic. If you haven't done so already, you can make a complaint at:

ALBERTA VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Building 3, Elm Business Park

Suite 104, 9452-51 Avenue NW

Edmonton, AB T6E 5A6

Phone: 780-489-**** Toll-Free: 1-80*-***-**** Office Hours Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.

- 4:00 p.m (closed for lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.) Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays The ABVMA is the governing body for the veterinary profession in Alberta.

It says that, "If you are unable to resolve the matter by talking to your veterinarian you may contact the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association by phone or by letter to discuss your concerns with our Complaints Director". I wish you well.

ID
Edmonton, Alberta

About

Summary

Calgary Avian And Exotic Pet Clinic is located in Calgary, AB, Canada. The vet facility provides services for rabbits, reptiles, ferrets, rodents as well as other small exotic pets like hedgehogs, sugar gliders, amphibians, fish, etc. The services include medical and surgical care. Calgary Avian And Exotic Pet Clinic provides such service options as wellness exams, on-site radiology, laboratory services, boarding, surgery, pet foods and supplies, grooming and behavioural consultations. It carries a number of pet products of such categories as Harrison's Bird Foods, AVI-X Products, Oxbow Products, Ferret Health, and Reptile Care.

Calgary Avian And Exotic Pet Clinic reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article