map-marker Charleston, South Carolina

Dissatisfied Client

DMy wife and I have been involved with CalChoice Investments since March 2, 2012, and have two parcels. CalChoice Investments advertises a return on investment in 7-10 years, we are now coming up on 11 years this month.

There is no hint of anyone purchasing "any" properties from these type of investments. We have researched several of their properties and many have not had their property taxes paid, why is this? We were promised annual reports, none of which we have ever received. Why is this?

We were promised a 20% per year rate of return however, we have researched values for land in the exact vicinity and there are not 20% returns as advertised, how can a company make such false guarantees like this? The only way to sell out these properties is contact each share holder to see if they want to purchase your percentage share; they will at the price you originally paid for it but the only address on the deeds is CalChoice's, so that's not possible. What a rip off and taking advantage of their clients. We know several purchasers that also want to get out of this investment and have nowhere to turn.

The only person who is making money on this scam is the owner, not any of their clients. They do not offer any kind of information about how property sales on behalf of their clients are going, only that they are selling and making money for them selves. This company has actually inflated the land market in Palmdale to where the property's are not going to sell the the promised 20% per year. CalChoice does not make any effort to help their clients sell or get out from under these bad investments.

They say on their website "All clients will receive an annual property evaluation during the first quarter of each year.

This evaluation will be sent via email to the email address we have on file." In 10 years I haver seen one! CalChoice does nothing to advertise any of these properties for sale to developers, they do nothing to network with developers for property sales.

User's recommendation: Don't do it.

Guest

I am having the same trouble. I would like to liquidate my property even at a loss, and I am told I cannot I was told if I am unable and irresponsible and not paying my taxes that I would owe the debt to Cal Choice as a protect all their investors, they would take me to court to get the money yet.

They refused to take back the property they sold. They say they are not in the property selling business.

Guest

This company also operates as ModFinancial under Andre Vicario and they are ALL vampires. Your loss is their gain.

View more comments (1)
Gareth D Iwm

Verified Reviewer

I have researched this company

I give it two thumbs down. Check me out on truth social. @landbank Landbanking is very lucrative to the companies selling these lots

IMHO: The consumer is getting fleeced and it is rare that they will be able to get their money back.

I highly recommend you speak to at least 10 previous customers of any landbanking company prior to doing business and you verify documentation as to the success of their customers.

Preferred solution: Nothing

map-marker Los Angeles, California

Unethical business practices

Unethical business practices. Shady characters.

All smiles, but don't be fooled. Everything about their marketing is professional but it's all just an appearance. If you think you're being charmed, you're not, it's a very strategic planning process where they proceed to get you to a comfortable place and only then, they strike and take your money and run. And don't get me started on Andre.

The guys there are all in on it too. Trust me do not do business with this company.

I hate to spend time on a review but this company only wants to commit financial rape. At your expense.

Addilyn Fpr

CalChoice Financial, Mod Financial, Andre Vicario and Tyler Vicario are scam artists.

reply icon Replying to comment of Addilyn Fpr

Scam company. Found this page to warn others about Mod Financial and Cal Choice.

Do not let Vicario or any of his shady wealth strategists, financial architects, tax-free retirement consultants, or other *** artists get a hold of your money.

They will confuse you on purpose and act confident in what they are saying. They will say they want to educate and help you......but you are only a dummy if you fall for it.

Otoniel Smn

The story link is broken. MOD Financial (formerly CalChoice Financial) helps people to retirement planning.

You have several different agents to work. CalChoice Investment is part of the business.

Guest

Update: Andre Vicario and the Cal Choice people are now also working under a company called Mod Financial and sell people on the Mod Financial Franchise. If you scroll far enough on the page of comments you will see someone tried to question the arrest warrants and LA County document for Vicario and his former business partner Ralph Solis.

But you can see on LA Times website that Solis was sentenced to 15 years.

https://***/local/lanow/la-xpm-2013-aug-16-la-me-ln-hemet-man-sentenced-to-prison-2013****-story.html Vicario seems to be doing a similar Ponzi-like scheme. Beware.

Guest

Ugh, I was questioning my decision to invest with calchoice as I have been with them for seven years and nothing has happened with my property (shared), I was told the average sale of a property was 5yrs... well that came and went.

I recently received a bill from calchoice asking for money to go toward delinquent funds for my Horizon Trust account.. I called Horizon Trust and they told me I was up-to-date on payments.... I have called calchoice to discuss but haven't heard back.

I don't have a good feeling here.. will update as soon as I get a response from Calchoice.

Guest

Is there anyway we can find out who the original poster is so that we can file a libel suit against them? This is making it difficult to build trust and just because this site allows anonymous postings, doesn't limit their liability to defame and lie without supporting evidence to back up their claim of it being "unethical business practices". I'd say the original poster is the one who is "shady" and is using this veil of anonymity to post such an unproven and outlandish claim.

Guest

Could you give more insight about your experience please.

Guest

I wouldn't invest in Calchoice study your home work first please . My friend Nadia invested in land banking with Calchoice and spent 60k and this is in a group investment & its Been 5 years now .

She hasn't heard back from them .

She & I called and texted him no answer yet so far . If I were you I would rather invest in bitcoins

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1583714

I'm a CalChoice Investor and I get regular updates and notification. Maybe they have bad contact information.

Guest

I've puchased land from CalChoice Investment and the process was handled with the utmost professionalism. They keep you posted on the process and they provide you with regular updates. I'm A Happy Client!

View more comments (31)

Real Estate Expert Talks

What Do Property Management Companies Do @ Interview with Property Management Expert

Nov 27, 2020

Property management companies: What do they do? How much do they charge? Do you need one? Find answers in an interview with Colby Hager, a real estate investor, and expert who share his experience with property management companies.

Read full article
Colby Hager
Colby Hager

Colby Hager is an experienced real estate investor with Capstone Homebuyers. He has years of experience in renovating houses, home remodeling, and property management.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article