Buyer BEWARE!

October 2012: Cal Sierra Fence trespassed on my property and installed a very ugly shared fence between myself an my neighbor. They disregarded all my concerns, they wouldn't even come over to my house so that I could show them the reasons for my complaints. They also added additional costs to the fence without approval, and they made sure to take down 63'+ feet of fencing so that the changes would be forced. I guess since they were getting paid by my neighbor, that somehow gave them the right to treat me horribly and build a VERY UGLY fence on my property line. Not to mention that they proceeded to damage my property, ILLEGALLY, and trespassed, were hostile, and I even had to report them to the local Police. I would NEVER recommend such a shady company. PS. So much for their advertised A+ BBB rating with no complaints...you better believe I submitted this complaint to the BBB, absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and product!!! January 2013: I took Dan Worrell from Cal Sierra Fence as well as my neighbor to court to sue them over the horrible fence...AND I WON!!! The judge saw pictures of Cal Sierra Fence's work and literally said to Dan "I would throw gasoline on that fence and burn it down if that was my yard!" and "I would take a chainsaw to that fence". I just sat back as the judge made up his own mind from the pictures of the fence...and not only did I win but they had pay me for the cost of having it replaced. May 2013: Cal Sierra Fence responded to my online Yelp complaint saying I was fraudulent and they were reporting Yelp to the BBB because Yelp would not remove my complaint. As I said, I have documentation and pictures supporting everything that I've stated. However, Cal Sierra Fence has decided to make false statements against me as a consumer despite all of this. Also, for 21 years in business, I was the first customer to review Cal Sierra Fence on Yelp and then coincidentally they started getting numerous good reviews...no good reviews prior to my review, only after; I question the validity of any good ratings after the fact. Especially from a company that has chosen to continue their bullying of me as a consumer because I was not happy with their quality of work and business practices. May 2013: At this time I will be pursuing this case further with the BBB as Dan Worrell with Cal Sierra Fence continues to make false statements. In addition, Cal Sierra fence has continued to make false accusations against me as a consumer despite the VICTORY of my court case, and because of this I feel it is necessary to pursue this issue further with the BBB as Dan Worrell is a representative of the BBB yet I feel he may have abused his role to have all negative complaints against his company removed. Cal Sierra fence uses their unblemished record with the BBB to gain the trust of their customers, when in reality there IS a complaint against Cal Sierra Fence but because the business owner uses his weight on the Board of Directors for the BBB he was able to have the complaints removed from his record, how can this not be fraudulent? In addition, the neighbor I had to sue in order to have the ugly fence Cal Sierra Fence installed replaced used Cal Sierra Fence BBB rating as one of the reasons she originally hired Cal Sierra Fence to replace the fence. Though this is just an assumption, had she been aware of any complaints against Cal Sierra Fence, she may have reconsidered employing them. Dan Worrell and his wife Julie have obviously made this a more personal issue, which shows the lack of professionalism a business owner should maintain. I ask any potential customer if this is what they are willing to deal with should they also be unhappy with Cal Sierra fence workmanship? I also ask any potential customer if they are willing to risk being sued for the poor workmanship as Cal Sierra Fence has you sign a contract that makes you as the customer solely responsible for any complaints against their work; this is why my neighbor had to bare the cost of $2400 I sued for in order to fix the unacceptable fence that Cal Sierra installed on our shared property. Because of the fence issues, the court case I filed against Cal Sierra fence and my neighbor was WON BY ME, that is a fact that Cal Sierra Fence has failed to acknowledge. And the victory of this court case should be sufficient enough to show that I was the person wronged in this issue, yet Cal Sierra Fence continues to accept no blame but instead are making libel statements against me, thus I will be writing to Consumer Affairs and the BBB Headquarters in regards to Cal Sierra Fence continued hostile actions against me as a consumer. I would be happy to share photos and the court case for anyone who would like to judge for themselves the type of work Cal Sierra Fence does (including scraps left in my yard, hazardous gaps left along my fence line, unfinished fence boards not nailed in, height issues that exceed the city limits for a fence, and complete disregard to the original design of the fence). I'd also be happy to share the email correspondence that clearly shows that everything Cal Sierra Fence is stating in their responses is false and that they are clearly attempting to force blame on a consumer so that they do not have to accept their wrong-doing. Is this what you would want to deal with from a business? I'd also like to point out that for anyone who is reading these reviews, it's pretty clear what you may have to deal with as a consumer if you hire Cal Sierra Fence as they are CONTINUALLY making false statements here on Yelp against me just because they are not happy with a poor review that their company has rightfully earned. The fact is, if Cal Sierra Fence does not want BAD reviews on their work and business practices, then they should not do BAD work and have BAD business practices. Cal Sierra fence has falsely attacked my character over and over again over a prolonged period of time (certainly after the fact that I've won my court case and replaced my fence and had already closed that door on this matter, until now) shows their hostility towards customers, IS THIS REALLY THE TYPE OF COMPANY YOU WOULD WANT TO DEAL? And lastly, Yelp simply provides a gateway for consumers to share their experiences, good or bad, yet Cal Sierra Fence has reported Yelp to the BBB because of this?!? Yelp is here to help consumers judge whether or not they are willing to hire companies by reading REAL customer reviews, GOOD OR BAD. The fact that Cal Sierra Fence is trying to have this complaint and these facts removed from their Yelp rating is exactly the same thing they did with the complaint I sent to the BBB against them, and I find it incredibly disappointing that because Yelp isn't bending to Cal Sierra Fence demands/threats, Cal Sierra Fence has the nerve to report Yelp to the Better Business Bureau. The actions of Cal Sierra Fence representatives have proven over and over again to be hostile and misrepresenting and bullying, it is not libel if it is true, and I think that any potential customer has a right to know how Cal Sierra Fence operates. Buyer Beware! https://www.flickr.com/photos/9670****@***7/889228****/in/photostream

I feel sorry for Cal Sierra Fence. Although I seriously doubt it occured, a judge that speaks of chainsaws and gasoline fires is as looney as this woman, and they certainly exist.

This type of person is exactly what makes being in retail so toxic. Yelp is for customers of businesses, and she is not their customer. Yelp is an extortion site for sheeple and most of the reviews there are not legit anyway. And the type of people who review are usually bored powerless haters like this.

No I'm not with Cal Sierra, just can't stand trolls like this cuckoo. Even if she had a legit complaint her cuckoo undermined her legitimacy!

This lady sounds crazy. I would not trust anything she is saying.

She repeated her self multiple times. Sounds like she needs to check into the looney bin

View more comments (1)
ID
Sacramento, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article