Bytheswordinc.com Fraudulent

I ordered several items from bytheswordinc.com totaling $1120.30 on 12/1/2010 and was charged for the order the next day. A few days went by and heard nothing so I decided to call the number on the website. I spoke to a girl named Amber and she informed me that it was not in stock and told me that my order was going to ship next week. That was fine with me at that time. Two weeks went by and I never got my order nor did I hear from them. I emailed them several times asking about the status of my order and they never replied back. I called them on 12/17/2010 and asked them if I was ever going to get my order and when. They responded with "Some of the items are not in stock and we do not have a date as to when they will be in", I said fine ship me what is in stock and cancel the rest of the backordered items. Well a few days went by and I did not receive any of the items they said they had, nor did I get a refund for the backordered items. I sent several emails and called them several times, and always got the same respond. After another month I decided that I have had enough and to do a chargeback on my credit card to get my money back. I thought that this was strange way to do business and decided to take a drive to their company. I lived only 30 minutes away from Bonita Springs to 1053 EL Mar Avenue Ft. Myers, FL 33919. I arrived at their location and what I discovered was it was just a home. This was very odd to me and decided to hire a private investigator. The information that I received from the private investigator is that bytheswordinc.com is own by David and Belinda Rothgeb, and they operate out of their home located at 1053 EL Mar Avenue Ft. Myers, FL 33919. Both of them are convicted of child abuse http://www.sheriffleefl.org/about/jaildetention/arrestbk.aspx?id=159870&bk=208573. They do not have any inventory, charge for orders that they are not going to ship, never respond to your emails and lie to their customers. This is an obviously a fraudulent operation and I warn stay away from www.bytheswordinc.com.

With any business you will have complaints; however our motto is if we make a mistake, we make it right. I cannot address the complaint concerning the order mentioned in the complaint because there is no such order.

I can only imagine it comes from a competitor that wants to put a hurt on another business in an effort to gain business. I would suggest before buying from any company that you go to the Better Business Bureau and check the company out. You will find we have an A+ plus rating and you don't get that by being a rip off company. You can also go to www.archive.org as it states on our FAQ page to find out how long a company has been on the internet.

I applaud the rip-off report in trying to protect the consumer from bad business practices or just plain fraudulent companies. We have been here since 1995 and have over a million customers to date. If you feel you have a problem with anything, please call. We do answer every phone call and every email from Monday-Friday (9AM to 5PM EST). Try it. It's FREE.

We also try to educate the consumer and you can see that on our FAQ on our website. Do your home work before ordering and do not always believe what you read because you will have competition that will do things just like this.

View more comments (1)

To read more: https://www.bytheswordinc.com/t-shipping.aspx
Bytheswordinc Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.bytheswordinc.com/t-termsandconditions.aspx
Bytheswordinc Privacy Policy
When The Customer visit Company's web site The Client may provide The Company with two types of information: personal information The User of company services knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as The Client of Bytheswordinc and others browse Bytheswordinc's' web site. Company's Privacy Policy was developed as an extension of Bytheswordinc's' commitment to combine the highest-quality products and services with the highest level of integrity in dealing with Company's clients and partners. The Policy is designed to assist The Client in understanding how www.bytheswordinc.com collect, use and safeguard the personal information The User provide to The Company and to assist The Client of Bytheswordinc in making informed decisions when using Company's site and Bytheswordinc's' products and services. This statement will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and Company's customers' needs. If The Customer choose to purchase products or services from Website or Bytheswordinc's' partners, The User of Website may need to give personal information and authorization to obtain information from various credit services.
To read more: https://www.bytheswordinc.com/t-privacy.aspx
Bytheswordinc FAQ
To read more: https://www.bytheswordinc.com/t-faq.aspx
Summary

Bytheswordinc is one of the oldest online merchants of Medieval Swords, Medieval and Renaissance Clothing, Leather and Functional Steel Armour and LARP Gear. The company is intended to supply Collectors, Reenactors and LARP (Live Action Role Playing) groups with such equipment as Battle Ready Swords, Chainmail, Helms, Shields Medieval Jewelry and Roman Gear, etc. Medieval and Renaissance items are provided by Bytheswordinc for fun and enjoyment as well as for re-enactment's and historical needs. Bytheswordinc can outfit Roman legions, Celtic, Saxons, Normans, Vikings, Knights, Squires, "Live steel" Re-enactors, Stage actors as well as Living History and LARP Groups. The company also offers many different "museum quality" replicas which are as near to the originals as possible, as well as re-enactment equipment that is made to perform. Bytheswordinc is based in Ft. Myers, Florida.

Bytheswordinc reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article