Jeremy D Xlr

Verified Reviewer

Refuses to pay as promised after taking possession of my apple watch!

In early July, my apple watch screen was cracked. After I replaced it with a newer model, I went on several different buyback websites to get quotes.

I decided to go with BuyMyPod because it was the best quote. I sent the watch in per the instructions and heard nothing back for several weeks. On July 11, I received an email from their "General Manager" Lianna. Lianna said that my watch was locked and asked me to provide the pass code to access the watch and to verify that it had been removed from my iCloud account.

I immediately replied, but heard nothing back. I sent another message on July 15 (4 days later) asking what was going on--no reply. I send a second followup on July 22 and said " Are you intending to just keep my apple watch and not pay as promised? I am very upset about this situation." STILL, no reply.

I then decided to go on their website and ask the question through an online form. Only then did I hear back from Lianna, who sent an email on July 29 (7 days later) where she said "I'm not sure why your response seems to have gone to my junk email, and I must have missed it. I'm so sorry about that!" and promised to remit payment as soon as the technician verified that the watch was removed from my account and that the passcode was valid (information that I provided weeks before). Guess what happened?

That's right--nothing, no payment. I sent another email on August 4 and submitted another information form through their website. This was 13 days ago and I've still heard nothing and received no payment whatsoever. Look, this was a damaged item that isn't worth a whole lot.

I understand that. However, they should honor the quote that I received for a damaged item in the same condition as described or at the very least RESPOND TO ME.

I tried everything to resolve this before I was forced to leave this review. I have resigned myself to the fact that BuyMyPod gave me a quote for my watch,

Loss:
Pros:
  • Fair quotes
Cons:
  • Take possession of your items without paying for them
  • Do not respond to customer complaints
  • Do not honor quotes

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY from this company. There are many other LEGITIMATE businesses out there that will buy your unwanted electronics as promised. This one basically said "I'll pay you $20 for that if you send it in" but then just KEPT the item after I sent it in and never paid me. They will not respond to my requests for payment or at least more information.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article