The Butterfly Garden Inn - Not what we paid for

This place is a newly opened vacation cabin rental. There were no pictures of the individual cabins on the website when we rented. We called to get more information and asked if they had any pictures of the interiors of the cabins. We were assured that the cabins were beautiful, fully furnished and had a gas grill. We have rented many cabins over the years some great and some so-so, but very few have been as expensive as this, so we were assuming that this would be great. We told the owners that we were looking for a quiet, relaxing get-a-away and were assured that this was the place. We were shocked when we got to the cabin and found out that other than the beds, the only place to sit was either at the hard kitchen set, or outside at the picnic table. There was no couch and/or chairs in the cabin. We have rented numerous cabins over the years and we have never rented one that did not have a living room. We have rented 2 and 3 bdrm cabins for less money than this cabin so I did not think to ask if there was a couch...but I should have. Then, we asked about the gas grill, since we did not see one anywhere near the cabin. We were told that there was only one, so what time would we like it since the renters in one of the other cabins had also needed it. I am on vacation, part of that is not having to be on a schedule. I don't want to have to plan on when I am going to cook, I want to cook when I am hungry. The next day we were awakened from our "relaxing" get-a-way at 7am by a worker that was working on the cabin right next door. Since it was either sit outside while the worker came and went or sit at the hard kitchen table, we decided to leave for the day. We came back too late to "ask" for the grill, so we had to get a frozen pizza for dinner. The "delicious" breakfast that is advertised was some stale baked goods. One of the items had expired 3 days prior to our visit. Again, we rent cabins and cottages 2-4 times per year and have never felt the need to write a negative review, but this was by far the worst experience that we have ever had with a rental. When I sent an email to the owner to inform him of our concerns, he replied with "We truly regret that you did not enjoy your time here. We do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future." This response shows a total lack of caring and some arrogance on the owners response. We were made promises that were not fulfilled and he hopes that we will be back?
ID
Phoenix, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article