Resolved

Resolved: Just a mess

Butter and Bear - Just a mess
Butter and Bear - Just a mess - Image 2
Updated by user Apr 08, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. The seller heard me after exchanging a couple of emails and sent a much more detailed and sincere apology.

Original review Apr 07, 2024
I ordered a cake from Butter & Bear in Las Vegas for an April 6th elopement. I had also ordered a cake sampler box, which was cancelled.

I wasnt notified until a day before, but I do realize it was my mistake as I misread when the samplers could be delivered. My husband and I got married that morning and had a short photoshoot to commemorate the event at our hotel. The delivery was scheduled for 1:30pm and the shoot was at 3:30pm. At 1:33pm, the baker/owner informed me that her car battery had died and that the cake wouldnt arrive until about 2pm, and it was finally delivered around 2:13pm.

Upon delivery I took the cake, thanked her and sped back up to my room to continue getting ready for the shoot (hair, makeup).
It wasnt until the photographer arrived that we removed the cake from the box and realized the writing we had requested was botched. It was very sloppy, not at all how it was represented online. We had to go with it anyway, as there was no time to find another cake.
I contacted the seller, and she hardly acknowledged any wrongdoing. Almost felt gaslit by her lack of empathy, and absolutely no intent to make the situation right.

I was simply informed that I could have refused delivery at the point of receipt.They have no Google review or Yelp page, so Im turning to PC to say my piece.
Overall, just disappointing. You dont get married everyday, and Id expect a cake maker to take every order seriously.
Pros:
  • Quick turnaround
  • Tasted great
Cons:
  • Sloppy appearance
  • Terrible customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Order if you want a child’s hand writing on your beautiful cake

Guest

Apologies are worthless. I want my goods or my money.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article