They lie about what they can do and then erase all your work with no explanation

I bought a web hosting plan started out ok in January 2017 had trouble logging in and also uploading pictures. Then around May they updated their site without letting their customers know and I lost all my work. I was told it would get fixed it is now August still haven't heard from them. I emailed them and again they erased my work I can't even work on my website no longer and they credited the website account. I asked for a refund and they refused they instead credited the account which like I said all my work was erased and is now a useless site. Don't lead people on when you know *** well their ideas can't be supported. I had a very simple idea mind you which I thought would be no problem. But in the end they just didn't want to deal with me. So I'm taking legal action. which is unnecessary all I want is a refund on what I paid for and no longer works on their updated site.
Service
Buildyoursite Web Hosting
Cons
  • Them
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Full refund

Build your site is worthless

BuildYourSite - Build your site is worthless
My website was always down so many technical issues horrible customer service. They refuse to fix problems quickly. They are very,very rude. Each time I had a complaint they made me feel like my concerns were invalid. My website was doomed from the beginning because there were issues from the operating system from the beginning. When I would call them they made it seem like they were working on the problem and then they would say they have fixed the problem but 2 weeks later the problem would return and then they would make up another excuse but it would be the same one. I never could market the site because it was never really up. when I would try to communicate the problem they always had a reason why it was down. I took screen shots of conversations.
Sacramento, California
Service
Buildyoursite Web Design Service
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Build Your Site Sucks

Still cannot access my domain I purchased. It said 2-3 hours till I can access the control panel, been WAY passed that and still cannot access it. Support is not even existent. Go with a big name site rather than this site. Do not let the price of the domains fool you, they have it at a lower price because they will steal your money and when you ask for a refund, they will not give you a refund no matter what. If your refund date is close to expiring, they will not respond to you till after that date, so they can say it's too late.

My name is Tem Balanco, I'm the founder and president of OneWebHosting, Inc. the parent company of BuildYourSite.com.

I'm sorry you experienced this issue. We provide support 24/7 including live chat on our website. As with any service, we offer a money back guarantee, all you have to do is cancel your account and you refunded any monies owed back to your card.

We don't have anything like a "refund date" so I can't really speak to that point. Again, I'm sorry you were not pleased with our service.

@PissedConsumer883257

i have trouble changing website. dropdown keeps warning me I need to go to website manager. when I click on website manager a blue screen flashes and them I back to same problem is there some blocker I dont know about?

View more comments (1)

Www.buildyoursite.com sucks

Pictures do not fit into the pre-made formats, the design issues are terrible once you purchase the template. Customer service sucks and after trying to make it work for 30 days I called an no refunds. I also found out that they auto renew. Worst ever. Waste of time and money. After sitting on hold forever the customer service rep. was a *** and was very please to inform me that they do not offer refunds. Not to mention my email did not work after 30 days with no explanation. I would avoid this site at all cost. Waste of $100.

My name is Tem Balanco and I'm the president of BuildYourSite.com and I'd like to reply to this comment. Our website templates come with preset pixel dimensions that ensure a great looking website.

This allows your custom images to look great online. Our site builder provides the suggested dimensions. Our graphics department also provides free image customization at no charge. We even provide free logo services and image customization & photoshop work as part of our service.

In regards to auto-renewals, every company in our industry auto-renews accounts. We send out renewal notices 30 and 15 days prior to renewal with a cancellation link listed. We host over 12,000 small business websites that include email services, we would not be in business if our email services did not work.

I'm sorry you experienced these issues, we could have easily helped with any graphic design needs for free had you contacted us in this regard. I wish you the best.

Tem Balanco

BuildYourSite.com

I'm Tem Balanco, the president of BuildYourSite.com. We happily provide free support including graphics, logo, modifications for customers at no extra charge. Not sure why this customer experienced these issues.

We do auto renew like 99% of all online services auto renew. Netflix "auto renews" as do most services. We also send out emails twice a month stating your account will renew with a "cancel account" link if you wish to cancel.

We do offer refunds on all accounts, if you keep an annual account past 30 days, we offer a store credit. On annual accounts, we waive our setup fee and provide an additional 15% off.

I'm sorry this customer experienced these issues, but it is definitely not the norm with our service in which we host over 12,000 small to mid-size businesses in every state in the US.

Regards,

Tem Balanco

President & CEO

BuildYourSite.com

View more comments (1)
Overland Park, Kansas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article