Jackie D Miu

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Edinburgh, Edinburgh

Disappointing Response

We were enquiring as to whether we could bring a chair for one of the attendees to a concert, as she had recently had a knee replacement operation. A simple response would have been appreciated.

Johnathan S Yda

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker London, England

Pass compliments to your bar staf at Speakeasy bar 30th June 2024

Dear American Express/Hyde Park,

I am emailing just to say, my experience was absolutely fantastic.

At Speakeasy bar BST 1 Hyde Park on 30th June, my brother sent a message. Please use mine instead because I mentioned a few more things.

The atmosphere was sensational and my party of 8, comprised of my brother and friends, found this hidden bar, Speak Easy. The staff were friendly, very helpful, and quick, despite at least 20 - 30 people crowding the small bar. It was happy and welcoming. The Supervisor asked us to queue on the left, leaving the right side clear for leaving, with the middle free for staff to bring in stock. This was an excellent system that worked very well.

Everyone there was happy, and this was our main bar for the day. The experience in that bar needs to be mentioned because all staff went over and beyond despite being full. The supervisor made sure our orders were maintained because whenever something finished, the one in charge (with the headset) got our orders in so fast, as did the staff.

I was amazed at how quickly they replenished stock and returned to the bar. We thought perhaps she ordered the stock through her headset. We spread the word about the bar. Every time we returned for drinks it was busy. The only time the flow was not there was around 9pm when we returned for drinks. The bar was not full, and we all came back only to find it closed. We were not happy because that was our personal bar with good service where we did not have to wait hours to get our drinks.

I prefer beers on tap, but the experience was so great at Speakeasy that we just had to return for the excellent service to get the canned beers. Please pass on my thanks to your staff. We wanted to give them tips when they closed and offered two times but they refused. Please keep up the great work with your staff.

This just made my day to have your staff treating us personally, with courtesy, with banter, and just smiling and laughing with us while they served. Please give them all a pat on the back.

Thank you again so much, American Express for this experience. I am going on a business trip later and will not be back until 23rd July. Please respond to me by email because my phone will be switched off.

This is also from my friends because they did not want to bombard you with the same comments from 8 people, plus other people who recommended this bar. I guess they will be more because word got around and a lot of people were using this as their main bar for the day.

Many thanks for the wonderful complimentary bottle too. It was a fantastic day. Thank you again.

Preferred solution: Nothing, just saying how the day was fantastic with extra customer care from staff at Speakeasy bar BST1 30th June 2024

User's recommendation: If you go to any events next two weeks, go to Speakeasy bar. You will get the personal touch with excellent customer service

map-marker London, England

England game

I didnt get an answer, was told to contact the venue and I thought you was the venue.

I would love an answer actually, here is the question again.

Hi there, we have tickets for Kings of Leon and it looks like Englands last sixteen knock out game will be at 5m on the same day. Will the game be on anywhere in the venue by any chance

User's recommendation: Hope you get an answer.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article