Guest-6005500 map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Meineke - Annoyed and pissed

I took my car in for an alternator on a Monday, a week later my car still wasn't fixed right. I provided the alternator from Napa and paid Meineke to install it.

The guy called and said my car was ready, when I went to start it, it did not start. They tell me the alternator was bad, so I lost $164. on installation.

I told them to do the work with an alternator from them, this time, when I get my car there's a flashing light. I went back and forth for a whole week, each time they say car is ready the same problem existed.

I finally went to another shop, the mechanic at that shop told me the wires was short, metal to metal connection, basically the alternator was trash. In one day new shop had me back on the rode with no flashing light.

I believe they switched out the first alternator from Napa and installed an old one from the beginning.

I will never go back again 24th and Vare Ave. I lost a whole week from work.

User's recommendation: Don't recommend.

Guest-6005485 map-marker Redmond, Washington

People Media - Ourtime no access to account settings

Hi missedconsumer staff, Thank you for responding and for following up on my issue. Yes, there's a problem still.

Ourtime does not have a customer service we can speak with. It's all via email. The staff simple asks for information and in the end drops their search and leaves it unsettled. So I've resubmitted the complaint like 4 times.

The app has me locked out and instructs me to use the email link. My paid subscription was locked out approximately two months prior to expiring. Yet they were unable to help restore my service.

However, they were able to recharge my credit card for another 6 month subscription. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

User's recommendation: Avoid this site. Customer Service on ourtime is nonexistent.

Me a Qer
Me a Qer

Dave Banking - No good does not tell the truth and does not provide help

This company is ridiculous. You ask for a dispute form and they tell you how to do a dispute, besides sending the forms.

I have disputed several transactions since May and I still have not gotten a dispute. They keep telling me I have to file a dispute, but guess what? They do not have any dispute forms to send you. The same company keeps taking my money out and they yet to do anything about it.

I have lost my home behind this. I got evicted due to not being able to pay, because they keep letting this online company take money out of my account, and they do not even have a pin number. I have had it with this company. I am a very sick woman, fighting for my life with bone marrow cancer.

Now I have been put out on the streets with no clothes, no home, nothing. I am not able to pull up this form, why?

Loss:
Pros:
  • No good
Cons:
  • No good

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: do not use

Mark L Tux
Mark L Tux

Pure TalkUSA - Terrible customer service

I decided to give PureTalk a try and got a new SIM card from them, which I put in on July 19, 2024. I tried activating it but could not make phone calls.

Then, a week of back and forth ensued with emails. The replies were basically useless in solving the issue. On July 23rd, I got through to technical support after waiting 40 minutes on hold, then 90 minutes of troubleshooting, only to be told they would need to contact me again in 24-48 hours. I was using my roommate's cell phone, but he is gone several days a week and, without my number working, there was no way to guarantee he would be around whenever PureTalk was ready to contact me.

I then spoke to a Courtney x2697, who was really terrible and told me several things that were inaccurate. One of them was that she had no ability to give me information on a supervisor above her or a physical address to write a complaint.

After some persistence on my part, she gave me the name Maya as someone above her but provided no further details. My recommendation is to run if you find yourself in any way connected with Pure Talk.

Pros:
  • Cheap
Cons:
  • Terrible customer support you get what you pay for

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company.

Ron A Ksg
Ron A Ksg

| map-marker Surrey, British Columbia

KFC - Poor Customer Service

I was in Coquitlam Center Mall and decided to eat in the food court. There were many options.

It happened to be Tuesday, and KFC had their Tuesday special - 2 pieces of chicken and fries for $3.99. I ordered 2 specials and asked them to substitute the fries for macaroni salad in one of the boxes. The customer service staff said 'No, they can't do that.' I was flabbergasted! I went on to explain to him that I've ordered from KFC for more than 40 years throughout Canada and have never been told that a simple substitution can't be done!

He stood his ground and absolutely refused to make the change. I told him that the KFC outside the mall and across the street does it without a question. But still, he refused. I left and drove across the street.

On my way over, I contacted KFC Canada's customer service and explained the situation and interaction. They simply laughed and said, 'Oh well!' I told them there isn't a single food establishment in Canada that doesn't allow a customer to substitute fries for a salad. She just laughed again and said goodbye, adding 'God Bless You!!!' What a joke! Oh, and the KFC at Pinetree Village, across the street from the mall, took the order perfectly and made the substitution without a problem!

This company is a joke when it comes to consistency and customer service! I will never eat at the KFC in the Mall food court again.

There are several very good food establishments in the food court that will get my future business. KFC has lost a customer.

User's recommendation: Don’t eat at KFC

John H Czy
John H Czy

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Amazon - Cancel prime on internet

My internet stopped working and I can't get into my TV because of this app. I'm still trying but nothing is happening so I need to restart my TV, but I have to cancel Prime for that to happen.

So, please help and cancel Prime so I can watch my internet. I thank you for your support and I will do my part for your service. However, I have to go back and watch my show on Tubi again. I have to watch the Jefferson show again because I love it.

So, please help me out, I need your support. Thank you so much for all your time and all your support.

I appreciate your support and thank you for your understanding. Thank you so much, and I hope you all have a great day.

Carmen Maria G
Carmen Maria G

| map-marker Houston, Texas

Homeaglow - Damage to Tiffany lamp

Homeaglow - Damage to Tiffany lamp

I finally received an email today advising that they were going to give

me a discount on my membership and sent a link to get forms which does not work. I advised them that I do not want a membership with them and did not know I had a membership with them.

Also sent them back an email that link was not working. As you can see from below pictures, this Tiffany lamp is huge. Why cleaner did not ask if he can pick it up is beyond my imagination. I can see that it will not be easy dealing with this company.

The cleaner put my Tiffany lamp

on my sofa and it fell down on the side breaking the glass and bending the lamp at one side. While mistakes happen and I get it, the company needs to take responsibility.

They have no phone where you can speak to a live person. They phone number that they have you leave a message and no one will call you back.

User's recommendation: stay away from this company. Sometimes saving a couple of dollars will cost you more in the long run.

Anita H Gmr
Anita H Gmr

Temu - Missing order

I ordered a pair of solar light watering cans. This is the second time I've ordered these, that's why I chose them.

My order arrived and my husband noticed the package was a medium-sized package. Indeed, there was only one box inside. So, I called Temu Customer Service for the second time and still no one knows what's happening with my order. The female customer service representative informed me that they are going to escalate the matter.

I asked, why can't they just send another set of solar lights of equal value? It's bad enough that we have to wait 2 to 7 days for it to arrive, that's if it gets here at all. They need a better handle on taking care of their customers instead of making them wait this long.

I rate this service as ZERO. Angry

Pros:
  • Need better communication and faster delivery of products
  • Nice products

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Rees N
Rees N

Instagram - Account banned

Dear Instagram Support Team,

I am writing to respectfully request the reinstatement of my account. I understand that there may have been a violation of Instagram's community guidelines, but I assure you that it was unintentional. I have reviewed the guidelines thoroughly and am committed to adhering to them moving forward. Instagram is an essential platform for me to connect with my community, and I genuinely value the positive interactions it fosters. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to rectify any mistakes and continue contributing to the Instagram community in a positive manner. Thank you for considering my appeal.

@Sillyboyrees

Advantage Media Partners - Terrible service AND vindictive

Advantage Media Partners - Terrible service AND vindictive
Advantage Media Partners - Terrible service AND vindictive - Image 2
Original review Jul 23, 2024

I have been with advantage media partners for littleover a year. They were doing my Google ads when they contacted me in November 2023 asking if I would be interested in search engine optimization

I agreed to do this, at the rate of $350 a month.

I gave them access to the website immediately including the password and information needed. About three weeks later I get a call stating that they needed access to my website in order to work on it, resent the email showing that I definitely gave them access and provided the password.

I asked what was getting done since the last three weeks they obviously did not have access to the website because there was no password according to them.

They assured me they were working on it and set up an appointment with Google meet with a lady in order to begin the SEO process and she could go over the things that I needed.

we set up a time and she did not show up to the Google meeting. She called later that day apologizing saying she missed her alarm and had to take her kid to school late. We set up another meeting the following week.

She missed that one as well. I paid for three months of search engine optimization, I got no customer service and I canceled.

Yesterday I received a call asking if I would like their services. I explained what happened. They said they would call me back.

I never received a call. I wrote a star review explaining exactly this on Google.

I received a return phone call this morning from the manager explaining to me that I needed to remove my review even though everything I said was correct and the woman had been fired and they could quote "give me some credit or something" I did not want to "play the game where they would leave a negative review against my business"

I expressed to them that I wanted to do business with them.

They repeatedly called and then started texting and lo and behold. A fake account has left a one star review on my business.

This is completely unprofessional and I am just sharing my experience so that you dont waste time or money with these people.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Vindictive and petty
  • Terrible customer service

Melquan Whm
Melquan Whm

MidwayUSA - Poor customer service

MidwayUSA - Poor customer service

I had an account with them for 6 years and made a sizable purchase recently, only to realize that their 'newer rewards' program has to be separately signed up for, in addition to the normal sign-up (emails, flyers, etc.). I checked my account; no rewards points.

I talked to customer service, signed up (it's free), and was told, “Too bad your order was placed prior to signing up for rewards.” I asked if they could still honor the rewards points and was told no. I asked if I returned and rebought it, then I could get the points, to which they said yes but remember you have to pay to ship a return back. I took it as a slap in the face.

I won't be doing any business in the future with them. I can only imagine they would not go above and beyond if there is a true issue that takes place with your orders.

Cons:
  • Poor customer service practices

Preferred solution: Nothing, just the word out they have poor customer service and help the next person

User's recommendation: Don't trust them

Deloris R Rdl
Deloris R Rdl

Truist Financial - Horrible service

I ask for a letter from attorney to be notarized in Pickens. SC.

The lady asked if I had an account and I had to have an account. I was shocked because I never heard this. The older lady behind me had a letter with money and she just laughed at what the teller told me. I use to be a customer in Easley, South Carolina.

I am so glad I am not a member. I had to drive further to my bank Wells Fargo. Th guy didn't ask if I had an account. He didn't charge a fee.

I knew this was a racial encounter because I am a black female and the teller was white.

This is totally ridiculous but this has happened in other places in Pickens, South Carolina. A great way to lose current and future customers.

Pros:
  • It was convenient
Cons:
  • Racist people work here and in the community

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Treat all races equally. Someone is always watching.

Adeleine Cwv
Adeleine Cwv map-marker Denver, Colorado

Carnival Cruise Line - Denied boarding

Carnival has truly awful customer service. Two tips that might help you:

Do not get the Carnival credit card to get a discount on your cruise. I signed up for the deal to get $200 off with the card, but then it would not allow me to book the cruise on the card to get the supposed discount. I called the bank that issued the card, they said it was a Carnival issue and to call Carnival. I called Carnival, they said it was not them, and to call the bank.

Carnival advertises this deal to you by email and website so I wanted them to honor the discount. They made me fill out a complaint form online and never responded. I never got my $200.

2. BRING A PASSPORT.

The Carnival website says you can travel with a state ID if you leave and return to the same port and only go to Mexico. They repeatedly email you and say a passport is highly suggested but not required. The communications we got said this several times over and referred to a "real" ID which was confusing because in fact you need an enhanced ID to travel without a passport or birth certificate, which is only issued in five US states, so you probably don't have one. A REAL ID IS NOT SUFFICIENT.

There are stories all over the internet of passengers who thought they could travel with a Real ID and were then denied boarding. I do not know, given these repeated stories from multiple travelers, why Carnival does not change their communication to be clear about what you need. Carnival does not care. They will not let you on the ship, and write into their contract that it's your job to know what you need even if they tell you something different.

We were denied boarding, got no refund, and got a stock letter from Carnival saying it was our problem and the money was just lost--thousands of dollars!

Carnival customer service was just terrible. They were rude to us at the port, did not offer any solutions, told us there was no way to talk to anyone at Carnival by phone and we had to submit a form online, and then sent a stock email saying too bad, no refunds for you.

They are the frontier airlines of cruise lines--they just absolutely do not care about their communications to you or even showing a modicum of kindness when there is a problem. I will never buy from Carnival again in my lifetime

Penmark T

TravelCenters of America - BROKE MY TRUCK - Image 2
TravelCenters of America - BROKE MY TRUCK - Image 3
TravelCenters of America - BROKE MY TRUCK - Image 4
TravelCenters of America - BROKE MY TRUCK - Image 5

Good afternoon. My truck had an oil change on 06/21/2024 at the TA Elgin, IL location.

Its oil pan plug came out and all oil leaked out. The truck is currently broken down in West Alexander, PA 15376. I called a TA roadside squad and they inspected that the truck needs to be towed and the oil plug and pan replaced. The truck will be repaired at TA Travel Center - 270 W Alexander Rd, Valley Grove, WV 26060.

I contacted TA customer service, but they are not responding to my complaint and are not willing to take any action on my problem. We are a company of more than 350 trucks and use TA services every day and night.

They basically make millions out of us only. Now my truck is broken because of negligence and no one is taking this seriously.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Very bad customer service

Kristen R Egw
Kristen R Egw

Lucy in the Sky - Horrible customer service and deceptive website

Lucy in the Sky - Horrible customer service and deceptive website
Original review Jul 23, 2024

I placed an order for 4 dresses. I purposely only ordered dresses that showed a quick ship date.

Everything I ordered was supposed to ship out on July 18 according to their website.

On Friday the 19th I sent a customer service inquiry because the order had not shipped. I received an email back on July 22 saying that my order would ship in 72 hours from then.

This is over a week past when they were supposed to ship.

I asked via email (THEY DO NOT HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER) if they could expedite the order at their expense and was given a $15 store credit for future purchase. Like that will ever happen if this is the way that they handle their business.

I want to speak to a customer service manager - someone who has the authority to handle this situation for me in and urgent manner.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Lack of customer service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: find a different vendor

Guest-6005300 map-marker Arlington, Tennessee

Dodge - Broke down

I feel like I wasted my time. I am an Active Duty soldier retiring from the Army and was trying to make it home.

My truck has a supposed transmission issue. They cant look at it for 2-3 days and wont be fixed for 2-3 weeks. They are backed up that bad. The dealership had zero interest in helping me resolve my issue and spent 4 hours trying to get a solution to get me home.

My truck is going to be stranded at the dealership in Memphis until its looked and and then Ill have to come 10 hours to pick up. Dodge customer service was useless and the individual was not easily understandable and all she kept saying was sorry you are dealing with this

Shaylah Uxc
Shaylah Uxc

| map-marker Pompano Beach, Florida

ShellPoint Mortgage Servicing - No customer service at all

my second mortgage loan was recently transferred from SLS to Shellpoint. I am not behind.

I am already receiving calls and emails from them requesting Loan modification documents. I do not need them, want them nor am I late. does anyone have someone they can actually contact? been on hold for over an hour.

I found email address loanservicing@***.com and found someone else who said she emailed all these but not sure which one actually ended up responding to her. ndickerson@***.com joshua.bishop@***.com, jason.braxton@***.com, michael.hawkins@***.com, elizabeth.truong@***.com, shane.ross@***.com, kyle.ross@***.com, christopher.mccormick@***.com, chris.mccormick71@***.com, dhwerner75@***.com, lakesideoutfitters@***.com, cguindon@***.com, jason.yates@***.com

User's recommendation: doesn't seem to be a good company

Guest-6005282

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro

Viator - Lack of informarion

Viator - Lack of informarion
Viator - Lack of informarion - Image 2

Caution: do not buy tours through Viator!

In the advertisement, they do not provide complete information about the tour (e.g. detailed meeting point).

In my case, they pointed a square as a meeting point, but the company was hidden at the other side, by the sea and I could never see that from the square or get there on time, since Im a tourist and I didnt knew the place previously.

So, if you have an unforeseen event or you are even one minute late for the event, they take your money and give you NOTHING back! This is not reasonable at all.

It is better and more guaranteed to schedule directly with the company providing the services.

Viator never again!

Too risky and you won't see your money anymore.

User's recommendation: Run away from Viator

Elaine P Guh
Elaine P Guh

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Turkey Hill Dairy - Bad ice cream(again)

Last year, or the year before - I don't remember - I purchased quite a few containers of Turkey Hill chocolate marshmallow, which is our favorite. I also bought plain vanilla, and the vanilla was fine.

However, all the chocolate marshmallow had no marshmallow. I called and complained. I have not bought Turkey Hill in a year because I was so irritated. However, yesterday I purchased two half-gallons of chocolate marshmallow because I was craving it, and guess what - there was no marshmallow in it, zero, zilch - just plain old chocolate.

Are you kidding me? I am on a fixed income and I splurge on ice cream every now and then, and I got cheated again by you.

I won't buy your ice cream again. Have a nice day.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy chocolate marshmallow ice cream from Turkey

Matt L Hlu
Matt L Hlu

| map-marker Fernandina Beach, Florida

Priceline - Refund for flight

Hey, good afternoon - I am writing in hopes to receive a full refund for my flights over the weekend. I was unable to make the trip due to Delta's issues on Friday and into the weekend.

My name is Matt Loosen, and my confirmation number is GBDB9X. I was flying from JAX-ATL-NY, NY-ATL-JAX (return). The flight was a Delta Jax-NY round trip with a return flight on Sunday. My flight was delayed for 9 hours and when the plane was finally set to leave Jax after 11:30 PM, I had already missed my connection in Atlanta, making it impossible for me to reach my destination.

Obviously, this is a nationwide issue that affected many, please issue me a full refund for not being able to fly. Thank you for your help with this.