Bad dog grooming experience at Brookside Barkery in Lee's Summit

I decided to have my dog groomed by Daphny at Brookside Barkery in Lee's Summit. My appointment was at 7:30. I arrived early and waited in the parking lot for 20 minutes. Finally, at 7:40 Daphny drove up. She unlocked the door and turned on the lights, she was rushing around to open the cash register and get organized. I waited until she put her two dogs in their crates, she came back and asked for my grooming instructions which she wrote down. I emphasized that she should not cut the 2" long tuft of white hair at the tip of my dog's tail, I thought it made her look adorable and unique. She called me a couple hours later when my dog was ready to be picked up. You don't get to see your dog before you pay, the manager said it's easier that way. So I paid the cashier and included a tip. Then my dog came out --- her long white tuft of hair was cut COMPLETELY off! I was very upset. Daphne made excuses for why she did it and then she finally apologized. There were other customers in the store so I left, not wanting to make a scene. Every time I looked at my dog I got upset all over again. Later that afternoon I called and asked to speak with the manager. A lady answered the phone, she did not give her name, I asked to speak with a manager. The lady said "If you are calling about the hair I cut off your dog's tail, I'll take $10 off your next grooming". I asked her her name. I told Daphny that I would rather be compensated for the grooming I just had and I didn't think I would be coming back. I tried to talk to her but she talked over me loudly. Then she said "I WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU CAN NOT COME BACK HERE AGAIN FOR GROOMING SERVICES." I did not ask for nor did I expect a full refund and I was shocked that I was being banned from services at their store because Daphny didn't follow instructions. I would probably have given her another chance but now I'll have to find someplace else to take my dog. Then Toby, the manager came on the phone. He was professional and polite and said he would talk to the owner, he confirmed that he would refund my credit card and that I could not come back. He suggested I go to their other store in Brookside, 30 minutes from where I live. I would like to go back there to buy my dog food and other pet supplies but now it will be VERY awkward.
ID
Lee's Summit, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article